Know about this? Rate It!
Deerland - Patting Zoo in Rengit
Patting Zoo is quite a common feature in many countries but most people in Malaysia haven't heard of one operating in Malaysia. Yes, there is one near Kuala Ganda. In fact, on a road that branches off from the approach to Kuala Ganda.
It is on the road to Rengit where the Wildlife Department has its training institute. This place is name the Deerland.
So named, as the main activities inside the compound is the feeding and mingling with a flock of deer. On this plot of land is divided into 2 sections. One, the area housing the animals for patting and second area with simple sheds to simulate experiences living in the tropical jungle.
Available to the public, beside the Deer, there are birds, lizards and snake.
The other attraction is the Malaysian Sun Bear. This huge animal is tamed and visitor can personally offer milk in a feeding bottle. Tame enough to be cuddled for a picture. Overall, I am quite impressed with its facilities and the activities planned.
Entrance fees is Rgt 15 pax and the place closed on Friday.
Getting to the Deerland.
Take the Expressway to Kuantan. At a point about 120 kilometers away from KL, there should be an interchange at Lanchang. Exit the interchange and there would be adequate signage to guide travel to Kuala Ganda which is about 12 kilometers away. After 10 kilometers distance, there should be a T junction.
Straight on for another 3 kilometer would be Kuala Ganda, but a right turn would be heading for the Deerland. Signage here is good and adequate.
Traveling time from Kuala Lumpur is approximately 2 hours. Refreshment and snacks are available in both the Deer land and Elephant camps. Consider the time spend driving and touring, its best to plan for half way stop for lunch or dinner. It is a good opportunity to see what this part of the country can offer.
There is a small settlement beside the Expressway at Bukit Tinggi which offers many restaurants. Food is Chinese and I would recommend one that I patronize on all my trips. It is the "126 Restaurant."
KL zoo - hindsights!!!!
took hundreds of pictures around kl zoo
and in hindsight,,,,,;())
some of the pictures can be categorised as
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bellagio Hotels
- Lago de San Mauricio Hotels
- Mocici Hotels
- Gardone Riviera Hotels
- Provincia de Coclé Off The Beaten Path
- Ventspils Off The Beaten Path
- Beaumont Off The Beaten Path
- Worthing Off The Beaten Path
- Saint-Émilion Off The Beaten Path
- Vilnius Off The Beaten Path
- Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Off The Beaten Path
- Thessaloniki Off The Beaten Path
- Hoek van Holland Off The Beaten Path
- Penang Off The Beaten Path
- Tagaytay City Off The Beaten Path
- Sungei Buloh Nature Park