Reflexology, Kuala Lumpur

Know about this? Rate It!

Give your feet a treat in KL
    by phil_uk_net
  • phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Reflexology

by phil_uk_net Written Jan 27, 2003

Give your feet a treat in KL

Around Bukit Bintang there are lots of reflexology and massage places.
    I have read a bit about reflexology but up until now I have been disappointed with my experiences with it, which just amounted to a bit of foot rubbing.

Finally though, in KL, I found a lady that really knows her stuff. I don't know a lot about it but the basis of reflexology is that there are points on the feet (and hands) that correspond to other parts of the body. By rubbing and applying pressure to these reflex points it should be possible for the practitioner to detect problems in the body and then working on correcting them.

After a few minutes I was quite amazed at what Wang told me. By working on my feet and at the same time talking to me and watching me grimace to see what points were painful she identified a number of ailments. Firstly with my eyes - that they were tired or I was wearing lenses. Correct on both counts.
    She went on to tell me that my stomach wasn't happy. I didn't think that I had an upset tummy but she then asked if I'd been eating spicy food. I had eaten some very spicy Thai soup and a curry immediately before my session. Although my stomach was okay at the time it started complaining the following morning!
    She also detected a problem I'd been having with my back and shoulder, and with my wrist from an old injury. The other thing that was evident was slight dehydration which she could sense in the reflex point for my kidneys. All this from fiddling with my feet. Amazing!
    I went back a couple of days later for a repeat session and a full back massage which was excellent.

I paid 25RM for the reflexology session and 80RM for the full works. Highly recommended.

'Excellent Foot Reflexology Centre'
    Master Tan & Wang
    77, 2nd floor, Jin Bukit Bintang, 55100, KL.

"You can trust us cause we are profensional" - sic

Instant Answers: Kuala Lumpur