Al-Rawsha, Kuala Lumpur

4.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

my favourite red mint tea
    lamb madghut
  • chicken mandy served at Al-Rawsha Restaurant
    chicken mandy served at Al-Rawsha...

Al-Rawsha Restaurant: chicken kebab

by Arfah Written Aug 16, 2010

chicken kebab

Favorite Dish: Chicken kebab is another of my favourite at Al-Rawsha. This delicious chicken kebab is served with a quite big bread known as 'rawsha bread'. The bread look almost like a naan bread, must be eaten while it still hot otherwise it'll turn hard and difficult to eat. Anyway, this is something nice to order while waiting for the big meals to come :)

• Arfah's Profile Photo

Al-Rawsha Restaurant: red mint tea after meals

my favourite red mint tea

Favorite Dish: Red mint tea is definitely something I really like here. It's a combination of a type of tea and some minty leaves, but taste really nice especially taken right after the huge meals.

Tea is served in a metal pot with very tiny cups, I believe it's the culture to drink it from a small cup. You'll see some mint leaves in the pot too, something we can try at home :)

Al-Rawsha Restaurant: yummy lamb madghut

lamb madghut

Favorite Dish: Lamb madghut isn't my favourite dish, because I don't eat red meat. However, I noticed most of the restaurant goers here ordered this dish including my husband whose a big fan of lamb. Well, if everybody else seemed to love it I'm convinced it's tasty enough and should be recommended to others as well.

Served in a truly large portion, lamb madghut is RM46 per plate which can be shared between 3-4 people. To add flavour just dip it into the dakkous (home made tomato sauce).

Al-Rawsha Restaurant: Delicious Chicken Mandy

chicken mandy served at Al-Rawsha Restaurant

You can get tasty Middle Eastern food here with a very reasonable price.

Favorite Dish: Since I don't eat red meat, so my favorite are the chicken mandy and chicken madghut. I was told the differences between the two were spices and cooking method used, which I'm not sure how. Like I said earlier the staff here could get very busy at times so there's not much time for any interview sessions!

The chicken comes with a large portion of rice, also taste differently so again spices and other ingredients used might be different. All the chicken menu I ordered never failed me before, they were all very tender and juicy. The way I like it is to add dakkous (a home made tomato sauce) to the chicken, made it tastier.

The chicken mandy is only RM17 and the best part of it the portion is so big you can share it with another person.

Al-Rawsha Restaurant: Tasty Lebanese Food

Al-Rawsha Restaurant

The place is not so special, but the food is. It's just a simple restaurant located at Jalan Damai somewhere at Jalan Ampang, KL.

It's always packed by people wanting to eat good Middle Eastern food with a very reasonable price. I wouldn't really advice you to go here during the peak hours, just make sure you arrive either earlier or later.

Must I also remind you that the service here can be a bit slow if the restaurant is full and you might have to wait nearly 1 hour to get your food. So, remember to arrive earlier or later for lunch and dinner.

There was one time I made the same mistake by going here during lunch hour around 1pm, there were a lot of people there and I waited 1 hour for my food. Not just that, I went to the extend of getting my own plates and cutlery to ensure faster service...hahahahaha, but for a really big fat tasty middle eastern cuisine...that was no trouble at all.

I believe Al-Rawsha has opened up a new outlet somewhere at Kampung Pandan, near the Kampung Pandan roundabout you'll see a big double storey building that look like a castle, that's the new one.

Favorite Dish: My favorite would be the chicken mandy and chickenn madghut since I don't eat meat or lamb, but many people came for the lamb madghut. Almost all rice dishes are served with a home made tomato sauce known as dakkous and another gravy that taste like a mixture of yogurt. Well, the other thing I like about this place is it's generosity with gravy...I usually get as much gravy as I needed for my meals.

Instant Answers: Kuala Lumpur