Bangkok Jam, Kuala Lumpur

Veggie dish
  • phil_uk_net's Profile Photo

Bangkok Jam Thai Restaurant and Bar: Good Thai food

by phil_uk_net Updated Apr 4, 2011

By a strange twist of fate I stayed in KL for 3 nights and ate at this same place every night!
    The first time was because I fancied some Thai food. On the second night I met some friends and suggested we look around the same area. They liked the look of the menu so we ate there again. On the 3rd night we chose this purely as a meeting place, When I arrived they were already inside having been invited into a private party being held there. The invite was extended to me too and although I might normally have chosen to eat somewhere else who was I to turn down free food and beer?

Wine by the glass is reasonably priced. I had a good Australian Shiraz on the first night for 12RM a glass.

Favorite Dish: The Tom Yum Goong is very good as is the Pad Thai and the various curries.

• themadbuddha's Profile Photo

Bangkok Jam: Never fails...

by themadbuddha Written Jun 24, 2007

Wednesday 06/06/07
    Bangkok Jam for a late dinner. I've been to this restaurant every time I've been in KL and it's always consistently good. This visit we had combo entrée, prawns with chili mousse and kangkong with belacan to share between the two of us. The combo entree may have been a mistake but only because it was pretty big and we couldn't finish it. As bad as it may sound, there were only 2 prawns but Bangkok Jam never disappoints and each of the 2 prawns was the size of a small lobster. I was told the sister outlet, Bangkok Jazz has the same menu.

• makiro's Profile Photo

Bangkok Jam Thai Restaurant and Bar: Bangkok Jam Thai Restaurant

by makiro Written Jun 20, 2006

This is a nice thai restaurant with a great laid back atmosphere, and a modern smart casual feel. When I visited, most people were sitting outside on the large terrace. While being in a very touristy area, the food is still relatively cheap, and tasty. The curries are a good bet. Vegetarian options are available including delicious vegetable dishes not usually found in usa thai restaurants.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the green curry vegetable served inside a coconut (see the pix). The Tod Man was very good (see the pix).

• Singles
    • Study Abroad

• husain's Profile Photo

Bangkok Jam: Delicious Thai food

by husain Written Jun 23, 2005
    Bangkok Jam

We happened to chance upon this restaurant, discovered it quite by accident...
    The service was good, the portions were... hmm... okayish. But the food was absolutely yum! Great ambience and a great experience overall.

Favorite Dish: We opted for the Basil beancurd and the Green curry, with steamed rice...

• School Holidays

• sahlenare's Profile Photo

Bangkok Jam ( I think...): Fried rice ...

by sahlenare Updated Sep 16, 2004

foooooood

It's close to the shoppingmall's ;o)

Favorite Dish: I'm telling ya.... Fried rice with chicken... I know it's boooring.. but I just love IT!!

Instant Answers: Kuala Lumpur