KL (Menara) Tower, Kuala Lumpur

Menara KL
    by mary2u99
  • Atmosphere 360: Super Dinner with our guests - don't miss it

by Ingeborg3 Written Jan 10, 2012

It was amazing - in just 4 weeks, the quality of the food as well as the staff has changed drastically and we had a perfect dinner last night. The food was really great and worth the money. The buffet was international, and our Muslim and Vegetarian guests could find delicate things to eat. The piano player was fantastic as well as the singer. So we really enjoyed a great evening - the best ever, since we are visiting this place. We have been there at least for 15 times during the last 2 years...just for the coffee we had to wait much tooo long.
    But this didn't do much harm - as everything else was nearly perfect. (nice decoration btw. for CNY) So we can recommend this restaurant very much....don't miss it, and in addition it has got the best views in town. :)

Favorite Dish: The salads are definitely my favorites. ..very fresh and good variety

• Business Travel

• atmosphere 360: leave the display desserts alone

by travelcath Written Dec 24, 2011

I was going to give this restaurant a miss after reading the bad reviews on this website but the thought of a view in mind while sitting down compelled me to try it anyhow and I wasn't disappointed. The lunch buffet was actually quite good and the food definitely to my taste as I'm quite partial to prawns, rice, chicken, fish, etc and I loved the oxtail soup and I loved the desserts even if they are more to the taste of the local palate apart from the cream cakes, nevertheless being a sweet toothed person I sampled them all and found them all to be quite delicious.

I found the staff courteous, would say more shy than surly.

The toilets quite swish even dabbled with all the buttons, even got a rear end dryer after you might want to make use of the washer or not!

Just a note of advice, those little glass portions of dessert are only for display purposes only and that is why the large dessert spoon would not fit into them. It is not an oversight by the restaurant and still they were too courteous to reprimand me. It was my husband that did.

I would go to this restaurant again definitely, actually I thought I'd try the Christmas buffet tomorrow but maybe two days in a row of gorging is a bit overindulging even if it is the season to be jolly.

The view didn't disappoint either. Another tip don't leave your handbag down off the revolving floor or you may think someone stole it as it will be left behind as you revolve until you discover it missing or you come across it on your 360 turn, (no that wasn't me)

Favorite Dish: Favourite dish Id say was the durian porridge yum, throw some of the glutinous rice in with it even better. Also really liked the oxtail soup light soup with meat, veg thrown in but the best one, the best best one for me was the green coloured one (sorry don't know the name of that one) but really yummy. ( That was a dessert not soup)

• Women's Travel

• Atmosphere 360, Revolving Restaurant KL: Food all Malay, not INTERNATIONAL any more..

by Ingeborg3 Written Dec 5, 2011

The renovation is really nice, mainly the restrooms! The staff is very poor, horrible English!...the decoration says it all: not International any more..(no Christmas decoration, as everywhere else in town)..Malay malay preferred... buffet is not international any more and selection only half as much as before..We have been rather disappointed...Just the view is fantastic as always, for that we will come back again...
    It was full with Malay families, very loud and busy....
    They should definitely improve the variety and quality of the food (which really is not even 3 Star...-have traveled a lot in Malaysia and through 58 countries already, so I think, I can judge this)....the new chef is definitely one big step backwards!...the price much tooo high..
    The whole Atmosphere is different now..you do not really feel welcome there.

Favorite Dish: everything overcooked...the desserts are mainly cake varieties...the fruits offered have been not ripe and just one small plate..

• Photography

• Atmosphere 360 @ KL Tower: Feel good, taste good, See you at the Top !

by maykwei Written Sep 30, 2011
    Seeing is believing....

Check out the NEW ‘Atmosphere 360’ the tallest restaurant in Malaysia located at KL Tower. The restaurant serves a wide range of authentic, delectable, mouth-watering Asian and International cuisines. Really unbelievable…!

• kl tower buffet restaurant: please miss the food

by vtecr Written Aug 6, 2011

please do not eat here and waste your money, the food at your local mama stand has a higher class than this restaurant. they seem to think that just for the view, the food has to be sub standard.
    nothing else nice to say

Favorite Dish: the only think that was normal was alcohol

• Tower: Revolving Restaurant KL

by tallgoc Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food was international buffet.
    The food was cold, tasteless and overall disgusting.
    The service was extremely poor considering we ate at the second sitting of 9pm.
    We paid 350 Ringhit per head (4.5 Ringhit to US$1) but the real value was more like 100 Ringhit.
    Also, when catching a Taxi away from the Tower, the fares are governed so you pay 40% more than you should.
    Very poor culinary experience, but a great view. Suggest you go to viewing tower only and eat afterward somewhere else.

Favorite Dish: We could not find anything worthwhile. It gave you the impression you may get food poisoning.

• Chuckaziz's Profile Photo

Restoran Berputar Seri Angkasa: A Revolving Restaurant In The Clouds

by Chuckaziz Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dining Among The Clouds

Experience dining at the top of the 421-metres high KL Tower where you can get a 360 degree view of the city while enjoying your food. Because this is a revolving restaurant each time you look out a different building will appear at your window. To get a table by the window you need to make an advance booking. There is a dress code here. It is smart casual meaning which you must not come with a short and be sure to also have an appropriate footwear on.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant serves buffet for either lunch or dinner with a selection of Western, Chinese, Malay and Indian food. You can take your time to sample all the different cuisine served at various buffet stations. I cannot single out my favourite dish because you can sample all that are served. My advice is to get a small portion of each so that you will be able to try all including the wide variety of desserts.

• mary2u99's Profile Photo

Seri Angkasa Revolving Restaurant at Menara KL: Seri Angkasa Revolving Restaurant

by mary2u99 Updated Apr 4, 2011

My friend in his sarong

The restaurant serve a buffet of local and international spread from Restoran Seri Melayu.

Due to safety reason the food are not cooked at the tower but at the Restoran Seri Melayu and kept on warmers at the revolving restaurants.

The restaurant is open daily from 12.00 pm to 3.00 pm for lunch and 6.30 pm to 11.00 pm for dinner.

A la carte menus are available for lunch and dinner, as well as buffets.

Just a reminder no short allowed. But not to worry if you wear short they will give you a sarong to wear when you are dining here.

Favorite Dish: I enjoy the beef rendang, satay and seafood spread.

There is a huge spread of salad and some vegetarian dishes too. Do try the local dishes, desserts and fresh fruits.

I did manage to make my Swizerland friend try the durian dessert. His comment was it smell bad but the taste is Ok. I doubt he want to try it again.

• Durfun's Profile Photo

KL (Menara) Tower Restaurant: Watch the whole city from your table..

by Durfun Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant is named Seri Angkasa, revolving at a height of 282m (948ft), 20 feet above the observation deck.

Service is good, set-up is formal. You have to purchase your meal ticket dowstairs before entering the lifts. Price is fixed at 120 RM per person.

Overall the selection is somewhat limited & lacking.

I would go again, just for taking in the views in a truly relaxed manner & great ambience.

Favorite Dish: The succulent vegetable balls, dipped in their signature savoury sauces.

• Moocar's Profile Photo

KL (Menara) Tower Restaurant: Excellent view - shame about the food

by Moocar Updated Apr 4, 2011

View from the Tower

Having been really excited about having dinner in a revolving restaurant I have to say I was disappointed in the food on offer. The view, however, was amazing and provided a great distraction from the actual meal. The highlight was trying the sweetcorn ice-cream, not a dessert I'll be eating again!

• Polly74's Profile Photo

KL (Menara) Tower Restaurant: A heightened dining experience

by Polly74 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant is located at 282m above ground and I can assure you that it's a real experience to be there and to see KL city under your feet!
    Moreover it's a "turning" restaurant. it takes 1h20 to make the tour and you can see different scenarios while seated and eating.

Favorite Dish: The oriental buffet is really fantastic and the dessert one is even better!

• KL (Menara) Tower Restaurant: Best time to go.... HI-TEA!

by jules81 Written Aug 9, 2006

I had my first trip to this ever-famous revolving restaurant last July. I must say twas a great experience.. Quite contrary to what other reviewers mentioned, the food was great.
    I was there for their hi-tea during which there is a buffet spread with local food as well as continental cuisine.
    i Had greek salad for starters. They even had a corner for vegetarian food lovers but being a meat lover myself, i passed on that. Then the main and dessert followed. They have a good variety of ice cream and local delicacies too. Not to forget, the cakes are equally mouth watering as well.

Its semi-fine dining ambience so be in your casual attire, no slippers or shorts please!
    The view is extremely gorgeous. You get a perfect view of KL from ere. But we could only take in about 60% of this because we were there during the last hour.

So be there earlier, at about 330-ish or even 4 would be juzt nice. Get a nice place to sit, easily accesible from the food spread and enjoy your evening away. Great place to have a quiet chat & relax. Music... sentimental melodies in the background..

Getting out of here, the cabs that come up to the towers charge a lil extra you can get into 1 by purchasing a ticket at the counter itself. However, the other alternative to this is to walk down a bit to the main road where cabs are easily accessible. The walk is only for about 5 mins and its going downhill so you will not feel that tired...

Altogether it came up to rm90++ but then.... In my view.. it was time & ringgit well spent... for a great new experience

Have fun!

• swissgabe's Profile Photo

KL Menara (TV Tower). When you...

by swissgabe Written Sep 7, 2002

KL Menara (TV Tower). When you visit you should make a reservation in advance and don't wear shorts or a simple T-Shirt, they wouldn't let you into the restaurant...
    You can enjoy a great view over KL...

Instant Answers: Kuala Lumpur

• yuppik1's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2013 at 6:00 AM

well we wanted to eat here but.........on checking in downstairs two of us were given tickets and then we went up via the fast lift to the revolving restaurant. Two of us had spent around ten minutes with the two young lady staff members on the lowest level and we were told we could have the buffet and then go to one of the Observation levels...price per person would be around 400 ringgit local currency. We got to the Restaurant and the two of us were whisked away by an officious looking lady in a stewardess outfit to the far side of the revolving restaurant, away from all the other seated customers....the reason for this....my friend who is a University student had short pants and if he wanted to eat here, he would be provided with a Sarong......well my friend refused to do this....his so called shorts were mid level trousers, accepted in all five star hotels back in his home city of Bandung Java Indonesia, accepted in the Kuala Lumpur Grand Hyatt....but not accepted at the KL revolving restaurant....both of us complained....we had not been alerted to any dress code at the lower tower reception area...the manager at the tower restaurant stuck to his so called rules, he was quite unbending....at the time of writing this we have been in KL for just over 1 day and this incident has been insulting to my friend, who always dresses conservatively and is a devoted Muslim. We did not get anywhere near the food,......all we had was a rejection, and bad customer service....I strongly advise potential visitors to this tower to pay the lesser fee and just go to the Observation levels. Forget this restaurant...it is overpriced over-officious and nowhere near friendly!
    It is not as "revolving restaurant"...it IS a "revolting restaurant"!

• Jan 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM

how to make reservertion? can i have the restautant phone number. Tq