Laksa Shack, Kuala Lumpur

Laksa Penang = Asam Laksa
    Laksa Sarawak
    the outlet at Food Republic, Pavillion
  • lukluk_wal_marjan's Profile Photo

Laksa Shack: A bowl of laksa anyone?

by lukluk_wal_marjan Updated Mar 16, 2008

Laksa Penang = Asam Laksa

~Lets have one at Laksa Shack~

I have tasted the Laksa Penang at its outlet at Food Rapublic food court in Pavilion shopping complex as well at Signature Food Court, Suria KLCC.

Being new with a different concept, the outlet at Pavillion is preferred... well at least for me since at KLCC I normally have my lunch there & u can just imagine the hungry workers crowding the area at lunch hour.

The menu offered is separated into few categories:
    1. Everyone's favourite : Laksa Johor, Laksa Penang (Asam Laksa), Laksa Sarawak etc.
    2. Rice & Set berdulang : White rice with preselected dishes either fish, chicken etc.
    3. Anytime Favourite: local famous roti jala with chicken curry, nasi briyani, nasi kerabu etc.
    4. Other light menu: roti canai, special drinks

However, not all outlets offer the above menu.

Favorite Dish: Spoilt for choice, I tried the Laksa Penang while my hubby satisfy his craving for Laksa Sarawak when we had our lunch at Pavillion that particular day.

As usual I asked for extra mint leaf & calamansi... love it sour & what a great taste!

• Azri_Azmi's Profile Photo

Laksa Shack: Variety Choices of Laksa

by Azri_Azmi Written Aug 25, 2006

What is 'laksa' actually? It is a noodle based dish that comes with special dedicated spicy gravy and some do use coconut milks gravy even.

This shack is situated in the Sunway Pyramid. Many choices of laksa to choose from the menu such as Penang Asam Laksa, Kelatan Laksam, Johor Laksa, Nyonya Laksa etc. Personally, I tried the Sarawak Laksa and it was good even. The taste is delicious as when the waitress brought the dish to me, I thought that how can I finish this dish as it comes in a huge bowl. But after tried it, I finished it just because I love the gravy.

With a friend eating 2 bowl of Laksa, 1 Lime Juice, 1 Iced Lemon Tea and a huge glass of 'cendol', it cost us RM38.00.

The waitress are all Indonesian but they are very pleasent, presentable and always smiles to customers.

Not only offering Laksa, this shack is also offering varities of set menu with rice.

"A gastronomical delight for laksa lovers with an assortment of laksa from all over the world or Malaysia." as mentioned by Sunways

Favorite Dish: Sarawak Laksa