Naili's Place, Kuala Lumpur

• Chuckaziz's Profile Photo

Naili's Place Ampang Point: Culinary Fusion in Kuala Lumpur - 1

by Chuckaziz Written Jan 26, 2009

Inside Naili's Place Ampang Point

This is one chic Malay Restaurant in Ampang Point. The owner created the ambience of a beach side resort. The menu has a mix of Malay/Thai origin and the service is good, but the music is tad too loud. There are several outlets in Kuala Lumpur and other part of the Klang Valley but I've only been to the one in Ampang Point.

Favorite Dish: Nasi Goreng Kampung or Traditional Malay Fried Rice is just perfect.

• themadbuddha's Profile Photo

Naili's Place: saving the best for last

by themadbuddha Updated Jun 24, 2007

Thursday 07/06/07
    After Mezza Notte we all headed out to Naili's Place for late night food. The whole place is set up like a beach house. There’s a swing, a full beach sunset painted mural on one of the walls, thatched roofs and even a boat. Apparently there is a treehouse where up to 8 people can sit and enjoy themselves but on our trip it was closed due to the heavy rain earlier on in the evening. We found ourselves a table big enough for everyone in the group and went through the menu. I ordered a nasi lemak with the rendang ayam and my friend ordered it with kampong ayam and we both agree, there is no better nasi lemak that we have tried either in KL, Malacca and easily miles ahead of anything we get back in Auckland. Prices are very reasonable, around 8.50RM for the nasi lemak. I get hungry just thinking about it, even now. If there was one place I could visit again for food, it would be here. Naili’s Place apparently started as a street stall and now it’s a full restaurant. Tasting their food, I can understand why. I just know when I get the urge for Malaysian food, everything in Auckland will be just a disappointment.

Favorite Dish: Nasi Lemak. Just taste it

• Naili's Place: Coolest 'Mamak' Store in KL!

by beachboy Updated Feb 16, 2003

Out of thousands of 'mamak' stores in KL, Naili's place stands out with its creative concept. Note worthy is the unmistakable architecture and ambience of the restaurant. The attap rooftops and wooden structures are certainly the selling point. Trees are found almost everywhere, planted in every corner of the restaurant. Coolest of all is the tree top table which can seat four. Usually crowded with people especially in weekends.

Instant Answers: Kuala Lumpur