Know about this? Rate It!
Canopy Walk @ FRIM
Canopy Walk in FRIM (Forrest Research Institute of Malaysia). Located in the Kepong area of KL, it's about 20 mins drive from the city.
To do the canopy walk, one needs to pay a fee of RM 5.00 at the FRIM office. After that, you'll need to hike up a 1 km path and it's uphill all the way. Wow, did I nearly bust me legs on this trip, but it paid off big time!
Never tried one? Well, you should! 100 feet above the ground walking on the ropes... amazing :)
Jungle wear! hehe kidding, just the usual outdoor attire is sufficient.
- Adventure Travel
- Family Travel
Bukit Tabur - Adventure just around KL
Hello people, for those who are visiting KL and are rather bored with the abundance of shopping malls, backpacker hang outs, R & B music and over-pricing taxi drivers - then you might wanna take a cab one morning (before 7 am if possible) and go to Bukit Tabur, Taman Melawati.
Quote from the internet :
"Bukit Tabur is located in Selangor, in front of the hill is Taman Melawati and behind is UIA Gombak. The hill, which is less than 1000 meters, is a quartz/limestone combination formation. Climbers enter the hiking trail via Kampung Klang Gates, 50 meters from the gates of the Klang Gates Dam, at the back of Taman Melawati for a quick 3-4 hours climb. The Gombak Forest Reserve and Klang Gates Dam are beside the hill. The peak offers spectacular view of the dam and Kuala Lumpur."
- now the above is just an overview, the actual climb can be challenging for first-timers, it gets rocky and steep but easy to navigate to the top. I have personally trekked up to the peak 3 times now and once you are down at the bottom, look out for the small river that flows from the dam, very popular with the locals, you can see camps and barbeques out there! - it's easy to miss, just walk up to Dam gates and walk to your right, you'll see a concrete staircase leading you to the river!
- by cab it's somwhere around RM18-RM15 by cab from KL city center.
try this website for some pics - http://www.andylim.com/gallery/BukitTabur [thanks Andy]
- i'll update with directions soon! - If you have done Bukit Tabur and would like to trek something higher just around KL? Try Mount Nuang! I am going there this weekend! Cheers!
Equipment: two bottles of water and some chocolates! :-)
- Mountain Climbing
- Hiking and Walking
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Frenchtown Hotels
- Pully Hotels
- Desert Hot Springs
- Lake Wendouree Hotels
- Wadi Rum Hotels
- Praia de Mira
- Prefecture of Samos
- Kotor Sports & Outdoors
- Waterton Lakes National Park Sports & Outdoors
- Virginia Beach Sports & Outdoors
- Scuba diving
- Water Sports
- Petaling Jaya Sports & Outdoors
- Sagres Sports & Outdoors
- Lombok Sports & Outdoors
- Millennium Stadium
- Marmaris Sports & Outdoors
- Kalkan Sports & Outdoors
- Busan Sports & Outdoors