Driving, Kuala Lumpur

Know about this? Rate It!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Driving in KL on weekend and public holiday

by DaHongHua Written May 20, 2013

Driving in KL on weekdays and weekend is a totally different experience. I prefer to avoid the traffic jam so I normally come to KL after weekdays. I ever experience traffic jam in KL sitting in a taxi. I did drive tail to tail in high speed on Federal Highway because to keep following the leading car in front, if not, the distance in front of me soon be taken by other vehicles and I am left far behind. Driving in KL on weekend and public holidays, occupying the taxi and bus lane is not an offend. On some road, there are Zebra Crossing Lines for pedestrians.

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Kuala Lumpur by Private Car

by aussirose Updated Mar 23, 2013

If you need a private driver with a large car to take up to 6 people then I highly recommend Patrick. The day trip down to Melaka with Patrick was wonderful and he took good care of us, showing us the sights. We hired him again to take us to the airport for Pulau Tioman and again to pick us up and drive us to the international airport.

Update 2013 - On our recent trip we looked up Patrick again and spent a few days with him visiting Melaka again, Crab Island and the Fireflies and Monkeys again. When Patrick picked us up at KLIA, he brought me a nice bunch of red roses :o) What a lovely gift! Thanks my friend! Next time we come, I will bring you a couple of bottles of the best Margaret River Red Wine. :o)

I totally recommend that you have Patrick drive you around. He can be contacted on the email address below. Please tell him that aussirose Ann from Perth said to say hello :o)

Kuala Lumpur Private Car with Patrick - aussirose
    • Adventure Travel

• 31Aug's Profile Photo

Drink & Drive Driver Service?

by 31Aug Updated Apr 4, 2011

I won't give any assurance on this as I have not tried it myself. Came upon their site while searching for info on safer public transportation for tourist. What I think I can do is, I'll contact them AFTER I have built up my KL site and show them, tell them about VT and hope they can make us a VT deal maybe.

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Self-drive to Kuala Lumpur

by kelnsha Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you own a car, why not try taking a short drive up north to Kuala Lumpur. It takes about three to five hours depending on the speed you are driving.

You will need to pay SGD1.20 at the Singapore custom counter using your cashcard and cash, RM2.60 at Malaysia custom counter if you are taking the Woodlands causeway.

There is a short toll of RM2.10 before you reach the first toll. Take the ticket and continue your drive to Kuala Lumpur. The toll charge for private car from Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur is RM41.30

• limledi's Profile Photo

Van to KL Tower

by limledi Updated Feb 26, 2010

There's a free shuttle ride to Menara Tower. Just go to the main gate of the tower at Jalan Puncak. The gate is about 10-minute walk from the Bukit Nanas Station via the KL Monorail. The shuttle ride is available from 9am to 6pm at 15-minute intervals. Scheduled shuttle transfers are also available from major hotels to the tower.

Van to KL Tower

• Avya's Profile Photo

Driving to KL from the south (Singapore or JB)

by Avya Written Oct 26, 2007

Feel like indulging in creamy, mouth watering, delicious Baskin Robbins ice-cream while driving along the North South Highway to KL?

Take the Air Keruh exit, you will find a standalone Baskin Robbins outlet.

Take note that it's the AIR KERUH exit and NOT the one with the 'Jejantas' (restaurant bridge across the highway). The AIR KERUH exit is just before the Jejantas exit so if you see the Jejantas exit, then you've already overshot.

However, on the way back from KL to Singapore/JB, the Baskin Robbins outlet is at the Jejantas exit.

This 'Waffle Wonder for 1-2 persons cost RM 15.50.
    • Business Travel
    • Women's Travel

• gnh's Profile Photo

Don't You Dare Drive In K Lumpur !

by gnh Written Feb 14, 2006

It's better for the traveller to take public transport like buses and taxis, even though your own car would be time-saving and more convenient.

The other well-seasoned drivers might give you a fright !

And if you happen to be in one of those infamous "floods" you'd surely be in trouble.

After The Downpour Water On The Road Causes Jams

• Heritage Limo's to and around Kuala Lumpur

by yudiserve Updated Feb 6, 2006

getting around Malaysia

They pamper you with Malaysian courtesy and at budgeted rate with luxury machine to take you around to your destiny in sheer comfort.. Only RM 100.00 - RM 140.00 To KL. . New MPV limos ,ever ready to serve. The drivers has been trained to assist your journey.
    The care and services has always been a way to show their inherited culture.

• Work Abroad