Batala Things to Do

a coral

Most Recent Things to Do in Batala

perfect sunsets

a sunset

At about 6 pm there is one of the highlights of the day... the sunset. And a colourful one it is... it starts in a soft blue-ish tone, then it turns yellow, then orange and finally the sky becomes flaming red, as if there was a fire there. The whole sunset doesn't last long, but it's an everchanging affair and it's different every day.

corals and fishes

a coral

The best Bathala sight, in my opinion, is neither the beaches nor the sea... it's what lives underwater - namely corals and fishes. Corals have suffered from El Nino and have turned white-ish, but recently they have started to recover... I have seen some shy shades of light blue. Fishes have not suffered anything and are plentiful... white, blue, yellow, green fishes - and of so many different sizes and shapes that one never tires of snorkeling.

turquoise waters

by call_me_rhia Updated Nov 12, 2004

several shades of blue

Water is the essence of all the Maldivian islands... and here in Bathala is no exception. There's a turquoise wonderful lagoon surrounded by a house-reef rich of corals and fishes. I found the best water to be on the south of the island... the lagoon is deeper and it's possible to swim there, and as you swim, thousand of colourful fishes will swim side by side to you.. The water starts near the beach with a light turquoise colour and - as you go further and it becomes deeper - its colour becomes darker and more intense.

white beaches

bathala beach

White beaches... you really have to spend some time there and enjoy them. One of the good things about Bathala is that there are not many bungalows... and on top of that many visitors are divers, which means that you'll mostly have the wonderful beaches to yourself. Another plus point is that the island, unlike many other islands, is completely surrounded by wide white beaches. It's a sunbathing heaven.

Instant Answers: Batala

Comments

Batala Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Batala things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Batala sightseeing.