Embudu Travel Guide

Embudu Things to Do

• by S1234 Written Oct 31, 2006

Now to underwater
    OMG
    I have never ever seen anything like it……..

It is amazing, we were told by other people who have been to the maldives before that the coral isnt as good as on other islands but it certainly has as much fish etc that u could ever look at, I don’t know what we saw as I don’t know what they were, but they were amazing, we saw schools of fish that ranged from tiny little things, to big wrasse coming up from below, we sat starfish/sea cubcumbers, moray eels, sharks(blood went cold let me tell u!!!) baracuda, turtles (which we were lucky enough to swim with for about 100m), octupus (freeky lthings, I got a bit scared really with them) we saw so much it was unbelievable. I have never ever experienced anthing like it before and hope that I will again. We only took a couple of disposible underwater cameras with us, but we did fill them up!!!

You certainly don’t need a swimming pool on this island and I am glad that they don’t have 1, it would spoil it.

About snorkelling

You can get access to the reef v easily its only 20 ft away, u leave via channels that have been dug out and are not to swim over the coral, if u go out via the main jetty the current automatically takes you left across the front of the water bungalows, u actually don’t need to swim it just takes u, its not fast but its great, you can swim to the right from the jetty but its hard. If u go to the left and tlet the current take u it takes u as far as the large sandslip where u can come back in or travel oalong, this is where we saw the most wrasse as its v deep, its also where I almost p00ed myself when a ft shark swam past me…. I swear it was eying my blubber up to eat J J we usually did this 1st thing in the morning b4 breaksfast or b4 about 10 when the tide drops…….

If you go back out at the sandslip, it’s a long way to the next flag and v v tiring, u are against the current for a good 150m and have to go quite far out to get around the reef, its alos the most boring, we saw a few fish but nothing like the first part.

You come back in near the bar and the dive centre jetty, have a drink and relax for a bit or have a snooze whatever…..
    The next part is great it is quite hard work but the coral is great and u get loads of fish, so many it was unbelievable.
    The last part of the reef I found horrid and only did it once u literally have to cross 2 currents and I am not a strong swimmer and hated it, the reef and fish were great ut it was too much……
    We also snorkelled a lot inside the reef and again we were with amsll sharks, stingrays, fish and 1 day a turtle, it was great and I loved it.

Now to underwater
    I have never ever seen anything like it……..

the photos attached dont do it justice, it has to be seen to be believed!!!

Embudu Restaurants

• by S1234 Written Oct 30, 2006

The meals are all buffet, its basic food but its fine.

Breaksfast is normally fruit/cereal/toast and sausage/bacon etc and there is a chef to cook your eggs as u like…
    Lunch is pasta/curry/salad and dessert OMG they are lovely I am sure I put weight on alone just by them…
    Evening meal is themed, BBQ/Curry/Oriental/Italian/ etc, one of the best was the mongolian night (how v bizarre) and the carvery night was lovely too, again deserts are bliss.

There is also afternoon t (sarnies and hot drinks) which is part of AI but u can pay extra, if not on AI

The ONLY downside of embudu is that u share a table for the amount of people it can hold.we didnt mind sharing and quite enjoyed talking to other Holiday makers.

1 word of warning, outside the meal times, there is nowhere to get any food, apart from the shop but that only sells choc and pringles (and they are v v expensive), the bar is open after breakfast until the last people leave there is always drinks to be had and a limited choice of icecreams. The evening entertainment is poor, but I didn’t care as its so beuttiful to sit on the balcony(again the water bungalows help with this as there is no light) with a vino and just stare at the stars, I loved it. Also enjoyed just sat at the beach on an evening was great too….. it is sooooooooo chilled out its unbelievable.

Embudu Nightlife

• by S1234 Written Oct 30, 2006

there is n such thing as nightlife on Embudu
    there is a bar and there are stars, there is some sort of entertainment on every night but we just sat on the jetty and watched the stars whilst sipping on a cold beer!!!

oh the sand crabs are amusing to watch!!!

Embudu What to Pack

• by S1234 Written Nov 1, 2006

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: no shoes needed, u need a few pieces of swimwear and be warned topless bathing is not allowed ladies!!!

dont take loads of clothes, u will not need them, just make sure that u wera a vest/shorts/sarong when in the restaurant

if u are planning to go into male, make sure u take something that covers to your ankles and your shoulders, it is a strict muslim country and u need to respect the culture...

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: take everything that u need as the shop on the island hardly sells any tolietries....

Photo Equipment: underwater is a must!!! lots of film or room on your memory card!!!

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: take lots of sunbathing gear!!!

Miscellaneous: dont forget your snorkelling equipment, u can hire it but it works out cheaper to buy it b4 u go......

also DO NOT FORGET YOUR SUNCREAM!!!

Instant Answers: Embudu

Comments

Embudu Travel Guide
Map of Embudu