Kuredu What to Pack

by ArianaR

Most Recent What to Pack in Kuredu

• Travel light

by HOGGY88 Updated Jul 30, 2006

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Most of the time we were barefoot, even in the general restaurant as sand is laid everywhere. Some areas get a little spiky so carrying a pair of sandals/flip flops is recommended but try it first as everyones feet sensitivity is different.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: We brought various items to ward off the mosquitoes, so either we were very lucky or the plug in and candles worked extremely well as I cannot recall either of us being bitten.

Consultation with the resident medic is $20.00 regardless of treatment so pack standard items like plasters and the ususal array of medicines associated with foreign travel but without going overboard.

Photo Equipment: Underwater camera can be hired at the dive shop for $25 for half day which includes putting you snaps on a disc and entering your favourite snap into the weekly competition. The dive shop camera is by far more superior to the usuall ones you can pick up cheaply. The cheap ones usually have a limit to one metre in distance.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: All snorkelling equipment can be hired at the dive shop $35 for a six day week. If you attend the snorkelling intro you can keep the equipment for the remainder of that day until 7pm free of charge.

• Beaches

• ArianaR's Profile Photo

Good ideas

by ArianaR Updated Jan 25, 2005

Hermit the crab

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Very light, breathable clothing.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: We didn't leave the island and the gift shop had a very limited toiletry section.

We brought Immodium AD instants (which we used once each).
    Plenty of sunscreen, and aftersun lotion.
    Headache tablets (incase of hangover).

Photo Equipment: underwater camera and film, a must!!!!

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: mosquito coils, insect repellent (deet based)
    The only night I needed the coils was when I was sitting on our deck, other then that the little biting critters didn't pose much of a problem.

Miscellaneous: Bring a flashlight and batteries....you can spot some amazing sights on the beaches in the middle of the night.

I would recommend bringing your own snorkel gear....I love snorkelling but I would panic if I got any water in my mouth. I brought my own snorkel that had a special valve to stop water from getting in my mouth. As far as I could see at the dive shop they just had standard snorkels for rent. Also bring your own fins, we didn't and ended up paying about $50 for about a week (may have been $40 I can't really remember now).

Instant Answers: Kuredu

Comments

Kuredu What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Kuredu what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kuredu sightseeing.