So, you've seen all our pictures of the beauty of the Maledives.
But...there's also a shadow side on this sunny country.
One day we've been with a boat to one of the islands were the local people live.
No hotels but little houses. No running water in nice green roof bathrooms.
No great restaurants were you can eat tuninfish or swordfish.
No.......but there was poverty...........and still a smile on their face ( like always ).
It made me feel a bit sad to be honest................I felt like a queen on their island .........their island that they did't enjoy like I did.
The local people wear often this Pareo.
The pareo is painted in very nice colours with sometimes some symbols on it.
Lhaviyani Atholhu Hotels
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Explore the World
- Audresselles Hotels
- Big Bone Lick State Park Hotels
- Mahesana Hotels
- Sparks Hotels
- Provincia de Samaná
- Orvieto Local Customs
- Ilha de São Miguel Local Customs
- Volgograd Local Customs
- Saudi Arabia Local Customs
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Local Customs
- Honolulu Local Customs
- Sedona Local Customs
- Portuguese needed... or not?
- Amman Local Customs
- Dijon Local Customs
- Dominican Republic Local Customs