Barabise Travel Guide

My boyfriend preparing for the jump
    by traceyspacey
    Several steps closer to the edge
    by traceyspacey
    My view from the viewing platform

Barabise Things to Do

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

by traceyspacey Written May 7, 2007

Ever since we knew we were coming to Nepal there was only one thing that my boyfriend wanted to do. Do a Bungee Jump, the second highest in the world and his first ever. Not content with that he did the Swing-7 second free fall compared to 3 seconds with the jump. We also decided to stay the night in a deluxe tent. The bus picks you up from Kathmandu (it was very uncomfortable at the back, seats designed for people 5ft 3 and under). Our bus was 45 minutes late in arriving and drove like a maniac to get us there in 3 hours. To get to the Last Resort you have to cross the suspension bridge (enough of a challenge for me). The resort is very relaxed if not a little disorganised. Our tent had one double and one single bed complete with pillows and duvet (hardly roughing it). Electric lights inside and out. Food was great. Hoped to use the plunge pool on day two, but it wasn't ready to be used. We were booked on a local express bus on the way back, took 4 hours complete with electrical goods and alcohol from the Tibet Border. Also used to transport post-quite an experience. This cost us $135 for the whole thing-bit overpriced.

My boyfriend preparing for the jump Several steps closer to the edge My view from the viewing platform
    • Bungy Jumping
    • Adventure Travel

Barabise Nightlife

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

by traceyspacey Written Jan 28, 2008

Being in the middle of no where, the Last Resort has it all.

The bar was a great place to relax and make new friends. We spent an evening with a Russian group who spoke limited English and we spoke no Russian. It made it interesting when they tried to teach us a card game in Russian.

The music played here is pretty good, drink prices are reasonable and yes, they do sell cigarettes.

Dress Code: No dress code

The bar at Last Resort
    • Bungy Jumping

Instant Answers: Barabise

Comments

Barabise Travel Guide
Map of Barabise