Bardiya Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Bardiya

Elephant Stable

by DaveJi Written Feb 1, 2009

An absolute must in Bardia is the elephant stable. You can feed the elephants - big and small. When we were last there we were able to feed a young elephant that was not tied up, a very strong little fella who also came on our safari. Trunks are just the most amazing things, I would love to have one for a day.

entrance is around 50 NR

• Zoo

Fishing

by DaveJi Written Jan 28, 2009

Not a fisherman myself. But I am told that there are Golden Masheer to be caught in the Karnali - Big Ones!!

I did however go fishing with a friend and his family by casting a long net accross the river. We managed to catch a fair few fish this way, at least I thought so, Ramkrishna was not as impressed with the catch. Still, we took what we had and a fantastic curry was had by all.

• Fishing

Elephant Safari

by DaveJi Written Jan 28, 2009

We took safari riding an elephant. It was such an amazing feeling atop this magnificent creature. We were lucky enough to also be accompanied by a very young elephant who provided much entertainment along the way.
    I would say though that more than an hour sitting in the basket can become quite uncomfortable, so plan your safari wisely. You may want to take an elephant into the park and walk back?...

• Jungle and Rain Forest

Rafting the Karnali

by DaveJi Written Jan 28, 2009

We took a ride up to Chisapani and spent the rest of the day rafting back down the river to Thakurdwara, a fantastic opportunity to spot wildlife as you glide downstream when they approach for water.

• Birdwatching
    • Rafting

Instant Answers: Bardiya

Comments

Bardiya Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Bardiya things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bardiya sightseeing.