Dhulikhel Travel Guide

'160 meters' high suspension bridge.
    by mittoo
    'Bhote Kosi river' as seen from bus .
    by mittoo
  • Dhulikhel
    by husain

Dhulikhel Things to Do

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

by nattybabe Written Jun 18, 2007

We went for a 5 hour walk around the Dhulikhel area and even though the sun melted us, it was an amazing experience. Witness the locals planting the rice before the monsoon, say hello to various animals wandering along the road, visit local shrines in local villages, say hello to the local children and get mobbed if you have anything for them and try catching a local bus and if you're daring, try an ice cream!

This is a great way to experience the grass roots of an area by simply walking around it interacting with the people.

• Peter_P's Profile Photo

by Peter_P Written Jan 18, 2003

This medieval village is worth visiting...
    Nearby a river and in walking distance from the local market, you'll find old temples and old houses, dated from hundred years ago...

• Dhulikhel Hotels

13 Hotels in Dhulikhel

Dhulikhel Hotels

Dhulikhel Warnings and Dangers

• ozalp's Profile Photo

by ozalp Written Aug 18, 2009

In the evening we reached Dulikhel, we were all shocked because of the breathtaking view. While we were trying to take photos, I saw two big mosquitoes on my hand. They had a darker color than ordinary Turkish mosquitoes and they have white lines. They had already bitten me before I got rid of them. The following day, I have a bigger and hot hand. I had a fever only that part of my body and it was 1.5 times bigger than its normal size. All my hand was itching and I cannot describe this feeling.
    I am always allergic to insect bites. They bite me once and my whole body itches. If you are like me, be careful and bring some pills against allergic reactions.

Instant Answers: Dhulikhel

Comments

Dhulikhel Travel Guide
Map of Dhulikhel