Meals, Nepal

Know about this? Rate It!

Dal bhat
    by TracyG
    Tibetan bread - absolutely oil free
    by Joyce_HK
  • Price lists in restaurants

by poledi Written May 23, 2010

Favorite thing: Maybe it's nothing new for most of you, but two different price lists in restaurants, for foreigners and for Nepali people, are the common practice in Nepal.

What interesting I experienced in KTM was that meals for me and my Nepali friend paid by my friend were much more cheaper than if they were paid by me. That's why my friend insisted to pay for our meals.

• TracyG's Profile Photo

Try the food...

by TracyG Written Aug 22, 2005

Dal bhat

Favorite thing: I think you have to give the food a try and it has to be dal bhat. It can be quite repetitive if you are eating it day in day out, but it is nutritious and cheap and you will have a great time eating with the locals,which I try and do as much as possible.

Fondest memory: I have made so many friends in Nepal that I still keep in touch with, something like that always helps me feel close to Nepal without actually being there.

• Simple food is good

by Joyce_HK Written Apr 7, 2003

Tibetan bread - absolutely oil free

Favorite thing: We found this Tibetan bread the best food in mountain. Simply made from corn flour, tourist are offered jam, honey and butter with it.

Expect simple food during a trekking tour - it's good for you! In such an environment of thin air and high sea-level, food of simple molecular structure is the best choice for quick energy supply, bringing least burden to your body for digestion and breakdown of amino acid.

And it is delicious!

• Eco-Tourism
    • Hiking and Walking

• dinner at Aroma restaurant,...

by Blue Written Aug 23, 2002

Favorite thing: dinner at Aroma restaurant, this is a good one near Durbar Marc. good food and reasonable price and look clean.

Fondest memory: sitting at the Durbar Square in Kathmandu, looking people around and see the world changing. just let the time go by..

Instant Answers: Nepal