Pokhara Restaurants

Hankook Sarang Korean Restaurant

Most Recent Restaurants in Pokhara

• The Gurkhas Restaurant, lakeside pokhara: Disastrous foods

by gurung Updated Sep 18, 2010

Gosh, Guys I've been spending my vacation in lakeside Pokhara since past three years. And this time, it was literally hazardous when we dined at THE GURKHAS. We just went into this restaurant because we were just fascinated by the name itself, but when we were presented with our order, Fish Curry in nepali style plus, grilled fish and mashed potato.....it was like as if the food came from the hell..It just ruined our evening...I strongly advise you guys not to go there..on top of that..the price was ***ing unnecessarily expensive..and Ridiculous. The owner..MB saheb..you gotta review your management soon...and make a market survery of your restaurant!!!!!!And let me remind you..when customers are sitting on the table..mosquitoes can't just wait to chase the them.really...........This is not something THE GURKHAS are supposed to be doing>>.

• illumina's Profile Photo

German Bakery: Great pastries!

by illumina Written Apr 18, 2010

This little bakery is a good place to stop for breakfast, particularly if you're heading off to climb up to the World Peace Pagoda. They do really nice pastries, although later in the day they might be a bit stale. There are three branches in Lakeside, so it shouldn't be hard to find one, and there's another branch on Damside too. We stopped at the one in front of the Boomerang restaurant, just north of the Royal Palace (I seem to remember it being near a tree shrine).

Fewa Beach Restaurant: Family run and friendly

by illumina Updated Apr 18, 2010

Serving a range of food from western (veggie burgers and chips) to Chinese (chow mein), this little restaurant to the north of Lakeside (not far from Hotel Woodpigeon) is run by a young couple, whose children help out or hinder depending on their age! The whole family is very friendly, and we ate here several times for breakfast and dinner. They even asked after my health after I missed dinner one night due to sickness, and made sure I knew where to get medicine from.

Oh, and very importantly - they have beer!

New Family Restaurant: Western Grub

by illumina Written Apr 18, 2010

Most places on Lakeside do a mix of Nepali, Indian, Chinese and Western fare, and this is no exception. They do a very good Chow Mein, as well as beans on toast or cheese and tomato toasties (70NPR) for those feeling a bit homesick or under the weather!

• euzkadi's Profile Photo

Tea Shops.: Small tea-shops (Sarangkot-Naudanda trek).

by euzkadi Written Feb 14, 2010

During the trek from Pokhara to Naudanda, it´s possible to stop in one of the many tea-shops located in the villages along the route to enjoy a tea, a coffee or some local pastry. I specially liked this cigarette advert i saw in Kaskikot.

• ozalp's Profile Photo

Boomerang Restaurant & German Bakery: Lunch by the lake

by ozalp Written Aug 18, 2009

We had our lunch here after the flight, before checking in to Fishtail Lodge. They were already prepared a buffet for us. We had naans, chicken curry, rice and lots of other stuff. All were delicious. They did this buffet thing for our group and generally they serve a la carte, but a few Spanish tourists wanted the same we had while we were there. Since there was so much food, they could join us. I hope you are lucky enough to come across a buffet. God knows I cannot decide what to pick from the menu in Nepal.
    The restaurant is located on a street full of shops and it is also have lake view. I took a small walk after lunch, which was my first encounter with streets of Pokhara.

Favorite Dish: Naan, curry chicken and a special beverage like lemonade

Sign Garden

• PierreZA's Profile Photo

Moondance: A variety

by PierreZA Written Jan 10, 2009

The Moondance Cafe offers quite a variety of food (and prices). I had lunch there and was quite satisfied with the service and food. They have curries, local Nepali food , Italian food etc on the menu.
    I went there for lunch, but I heard that the atmosphere during the evenings is very nice. You can play pool upatairs.

Fruit shop - Pokhara

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Caffe Concerto: Best Pizza in Pokhara

by traceyspacey Updated Aug 13, 2008

We sat in the garden with potted marigolds with us. We stopped for expresso at first. Stayed to have dinner. Expresso excellent. Enjoyed our pizza's with house red. Jazz playing in the background. Are we really in Pokhara?

After trying pizza in Goa(hightly recommended to us) and Madrid (recommended to us as the best pizza in Madrid), I have to say that my boyfriend and I have to agree that this is the best pizza ever. We spent a week in Pokhara and we came here 2 or 3 times in that time.

Favorite Dish: Pizza, you can add ingredients to the pizza's listed. The base was light and you could really taste the ingredients.

Roadside Cafe Lake front.: Tea and Omelette

by goutammitra Written Oct 29, 2007

What to do if it rains at the Lake front? No where to go, nothing to see just killing your time. Well this is exactly happened with us when we went to the Lake side for boating on the day of our arrival. It started raining so our hope for boating was over as we ran for shelter along with many other tourists. The road side stalls offered us and others shelter expecting that we shall have tea! But we ended up having excellent omellete( of local Nepali origin) and tea. I tell you it tasted much better than what we thought. The American girl ( see picture) too freaked out on this. Price wise it was very cheap Rs. 24/- Nepali or Rs 18 in Indian currency. Their family runs on tourism money so I gladly paid the amount.

When I took her permission to take photograph, the shop owner lady asked why, I said I will put on VT. She hesitated for a moment then said yes without knowing what is VT or what is internet!!! But I will always remember this lady and her omelette and the way she offered us shelter for more than an hour!

The Lake making omelette. The American girl bargains with precious  stone se The tea shop.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

Various.: Varieties of Restaurant.

by goutammitra Written Sep 30, 2007

As Pokhara has many hotels, it also has many very good restaurants as well with good decor, clean atmosphere, resonable price. Some also organise Nepali folk music and dance in the evening! We tried two restaurans in our three days stay, I wish I could try more. But they are all very good and very hospitable.

Try to stroll at the Lake side road and just walk in any place you feel like. You will not be disappointed. But Nepal spirit prices are more expensive than India!

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

Room Service of Dharma Inn.: Try their Nepali Thali meal !!!

by goutammitra Updated Sep 30, 2007

One day we were very tired after visiting the places, so we tried the room service of Hotel Dharma Inn. We had Nepali thali for lunch and suop and bread for dinner. Munu had a Mexican pizza. All were very tasty and excellent. Pricewise they were cheaper than the Restaurants outside. Worth trying!

The Nepali Thali Soup & Bread for me. Mexican Pizza for Munu. Tomato Soup for Rakhi. The Nepali Thali in close up.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

Highway Restaurant, Gunadi.: Nice and Clean Breakfast.

by goutammitra Written Sep 30, 2007

While coming back from Pokhara we stopped at Gunadi, for breakfast. They provide wholesome and nice breakfast both Indian and European in clean atmosphere. The owner Mr. Pramod Khanul and his wife runs the place with smile on their face. The place is worth trying. You can have good breakfast for Rs.125/- Nepali or USD$ 3.

Favorite Dish: We had Indian breakfastof Paratha and Sabji( curry).

Rakhi & Munu at the entrance. Inside the Restaurant. The kitchen. Pramod and his wife.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

Rainbow the Rooftop Restaurant: Great Start of the Day: Dharma Inn.

by goutammitra Written Sep 18, 2007

This is located on the roof top of the hotel, Dharma Inn, where we stayed for 3 days. They serve good meal, good breakfast at better price. Please remember in Pokhara, food is more expensive than the room. As everything comes from either Kathmandu or India the food is bound to be expensive as the restaurant owners also charge premium since this is a Tourist area. But what we had at this place was charged resonable than Kathmandu hotels.

Munu at the restaurant. The Fixed English Breakfast. Rakhi & Munu having Breakfast. Munu enjoying her Ovaltin. Me at the restaurant.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

Bella Napoli.: Great Sizzler and Indian vegetarian Food.

by goutammitra Written Sep 18, 2007

This is one of the many restaurants on the lake side of Pokhara. The food, the service is of great nature. We were served by Bhakta, who also allowed me to have my own drink! This restaurant serves Indian, Nepali, Italian and other International dishes and the taste is very good.
    I had the Nepali Thali meal, Rakhi had Chicken Steak sizzler and Munu had Italian Spaghetti with apple pie. The quantity is good and sufficient. We had a great meal under candle light. A place sure to be visited again.

Chicken Steak Sizzler at Bella Napoli. Restaurant Bella Napoli. The Nepali Vegetarian Thali- Great!! Spaghetti with apple pie.

• iris2002's Profile Photo

Boomerang Cafe & German Bakery: Best food in Pokhara (in my opinion)

by iris2002 Updated Jun 27, 2007

This restaurant/cafe/bakery has everything.... from nepali to italian cuisine and even german baked goods that are delicious.

All that can be enjoyed in their lake-side gardens under palm trees whilst the water laps up gently and the world goes by ...

And the travel guide says >>>
    Boomerang Restaurant & German Bakery is an integral part of Lakeside.
    With a beautiful garden which is 1500 square metres in area and free from the hustle and bustle, Boomerang is a perfect place to relax and enjoy Nepali, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Mexican and many other cuisines. There is a playground for kids. As for the oldies the Kangaroo Pub offers the ideal getaway. Imported and local drinks are available accompanied by great music.

Lakeside- 6 Pokhara, Nepal , Tel: 521978, 522978 , Fax: 977-61-520266,
    E-mail: No1Boomerang@yahoo.com

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish was traditional Nepali

spicy fried cakes
    daahl
    garlic naan
    rice
    momo's (veggie version)

spicy cakes with beetroot and hot tomato ketchup

Instant Answers: Pokhara

Comments

Pokhara Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pokhara restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pokhara sightseeing.