On foot, Nepal

Know about this? Rate It!

Hot Springs at Tatopani
  • into-thin-air's Profile Photo

How to combine The Annapurna Circuit and Base Camp

by into-thin-air Written Jul 15, 2008

Hot Springs at Tatopani

Trek the AC as normal from Besisahar, Cross Thorung La and then trek down The valley of the kali Gandaki, head up to Ghorapani but here instead of going down to Birethanti and the road-head at Nayapool take the path off to the left (Slightly up-hill) then 1st to
    Tadopani and then Chomrong.
    Here you join the main ABC trail and as you will already be acclimatised you will be able to trek up to MBC in 3 days (I recommend that you sleep and MBC then get up early the next morning, leave your pack in the lodge and go to ABC for your breakfast, then return to MBC, pick up your pack and continue down to Doban, Then Chomrong, Landruk, Dhampus and out at the road-head at Phidi. Only 20 minutes away by bus or taxi from Pokhara.

• National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

• Pancake_my's Profile Photo

get a good pair of hiking boots for trekking

by Pancake_my Written Mar 15, 2004
    riding on horse

There were many boots sold around Kathmandu and Pokhara. But to get a good pair is not easy. I tried few pairs (from many shops) before settled down for one. I was just lucky enough because this choosen boots fits my feet really well.

We choose to ride horse from Kagbeni to Muktinath. Only 400rp plus a guide for horses. I saw how strong the guide running with us! Interesting riding trip. We got butts pain though.

Airflight between jomsom and pokhara is always unpredictable due to mountain weather. You won't know whether your flight is on till last minute. It was a 18 seated small plane. Sometimes plane would made U-turn instead of flying to destination. Don't be surprised if you have to wait for few days at airport ( One group of my friends waited for 3 days while they trekked on Dolpo region)... so always reserve more days if you need to fly on mountains!

• Hiking and Walking

• LAOWAI's Profile Photo

Sherpa- they'll carry whatever...

by LAOWAI Written Aug 25, 2002

Sherpa- they'll carry whatever you want. I don't know how they do it, but they do. They'll even carry you if you pay.

Instant Answers: Nepal