Know about this?
Dust and your digital camera
Protecting your digital camera is important during the trek as during the trekking season (I was trekking in April) the air and soil on and along the trekking trails is very dry, polluted with animals' excrements. Dust was everywhere and it took me long time to clean my SLR.
- Hiking and Walking
Consider face mask in Kathmandu and during trek
KTM is one of the most polluted cities in the world, similarly to Mexico City. In my opinion face masks when walking on the streets in the traffic peak is highly recommended.
Face mask is essential during the trek as during the trekking season (I was trekking in April) the air and soil on and along the trekking trails is very dry, polluted with animals' excrements so it's better to use the mask rather than breath without it.
Every member of my trek group experienced infections mostly because of nasty things they inhaled.
- Hiking and Walking
Chaotic traffic on the roads
Traffic on the roads are often chaotic in Nepal. To make matters worse, there are also animals such as cows walking on the road, plus there are many pot-holes. Therefore driving in Nepal can be an adventure in itself !
- Budget Travel
- Business Travel
City, i.e. Kathmandu/Patan, pollution levels are horrendous. The burning of pollutant fossil fuels fills the air with thick gray smog. Most of this is caused from old car exhausts. Some traffic police wear masks to avoid breathing in all the smog. City pollution isn't strictly air pollution. Littering is a huge problem in Nepal, as many places don't even have trashcans. Pollution in Nepal, as in every nation, is sickening. Try not to add to the pollution. Take electric taxis and do not to litter.
In Kathmandu, the air...
In Kathmandu, the air pollution was quite serious. The exhaust gases generated by vehicles and dust filled in the air. Each time we came back to hotel after walking around the city, we found that our skins and clothes were covered by a black layer. If you have any respiratory problem, please take extra care.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Nepal Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Yesvantpur Hotels
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Manasota Key Hotels
- Kemasik Hotels
- Wisconsin Dells
- Varanasi Warnings and Dangers
- Columbus Warnings and Dangers
- San Diego Warnings and Dangers
- Thailand Warnings and Dangers
- Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers
- Tashkent Warnings and Dangers
- Tulum Warnings and Dangers
- Cartagena Warnings and Dangers
- Ocho Rios Warnings and Dangers
- Sydney Warnings and Dangers
- São Paulo Warnings and Dangers
- Medan Warnings and Dangers