Know about this?
Islamabad and its twin city Rawalpindi comes under active seismic zone after October 8, 2005 earthquake measuring 7.6. After shocks are quite normal and they range between 5 -6 magnitude mostly. Strong shocks also occur few times ranging 6 to 6.5. But there is nothing to worry about. Life is very normal and no such specific risk involved. Just keep in mind that earth quakes are natural activity and they can be expected any where in the world. So no need to worry and enjoy in the beautiful city of Islamabad.
- Women's Travel
- Family Travel
Being close to the Hindukush Mountain range, some low-scale earthquakes are experienced sometimes in twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Usually they range between 5 - 5.5 magnitude but the intense ones could also be expected any time ranging between 5.5 - 6.
But keep in mind that earth quakes are natural activity and they can be expected any where in the world. So no need to worry and enjoy in the beautiful city of Islamabad.
The earth trembles...
The big excitement, so far, was a little earth tremor that registered 2.6 or so. The epicenter, somewhere in the Pakistani mountains further north, registered 5.6. Islamabad lies on a fault line, the Margella Hills, you know, the ones you can always see in the background of journalists reporting on the big networks. Geologists have estimated that a BIG one will hit any time now, up to 8.6! help!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel.com No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus
Islamabad Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Willoughby Beach Hotels
- La Línea de la Concepción
- Carlsbad Hotels
- Punggol Hotels
- Skegness Hotels
- Puerto Galera Warnings and Dangers
- Seoul Warnings and Dangers
- Benidorm Warnings and Dangers
- Downtown Seattle
- Cincinnati Warnings and Dangers
- Shanghai Warnings and Dangers
- Antalya Warnings and Dangers
- Guatemala City Warnings and Dangers
- Miami Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Pittsburgh Warnings and Dangers
- San Miguel de Allende Warnings and Dangers
- China Warnings and Dangers