Ansoo Lake & Sat Sri Mala, Naran

Know about this? Rate It!

• Ansoo Lake & Sat Sri Mala
    by atifbajwa
  • Ansoo Lake & Sat Sri Mala
    by fashionapple
  • ansoo jheel

by atifbajwa Updated Jul 3, 2010

aslamoalaikum

ME "atif" visited ansoo jheel at 29 september 2009 with my friend "bilal". the path is very dangerous we hire two horses for the journey for 1000 rupees each. the view of jheel is very marvelous, beautiful and impressing. my friend is totally afraid during our journey because the path is very short and the hourse is fit on it and no space for any other to ride with horse. its true that the journey to jheel is just wastage of time because we cannot touch the water of the jheel and we have just 30 to 45 minutes to take snaps and leave the jheel. but i really enjoyed the trip to ansoo jheel specially hourse riding and adventure and i love adventures. if any one want to go there please make sure you have the medicines of pain and some meal for eat and drink.
    inshallah i plane to visite dodipatsar jheel, lulusar jheel, shogran sripaya, lalazar, noritop this year after eidulfitar 14 or 15 september 2010

• Ansoo Lake

by salmanpu1 Written Aug 21, 2006

On 24th july 2006. i was in naran with my younger brother "Bilal" and cousin Burhan.
    We reached naran in 6 days from Abotabad on mountain bikes.

On 24th july 2006, we started trekking from lake saif-ul-malook towards Lake Ansoo.
    It took us abt 4 hrs to reach a peak,from where Lake Ansoo was visible.
    It was a very tough track.We had to cross a number of Glaciers.
    I only got few minutes to take the snap of Lake Ansoo, then it was all covered with thick fog.
    The height was so, that my cell was statred giving signals.The peak from where the Ansoo Lake is visble is at 14000 feet.

• fashionapple's Profile Photo

"Ansoo lake" and "Sat Sri Mala"

by fashionapple Written Mar 14, 2006

"Ansoo" and "Sat Sri Mala" lakes were discovered in 2001. Their post card pictures are available at many shops in main Naran bazar. In order to visit these lakes one has to hike, trekk and camp.

Security guard as well as tourist guide are required to visit these lakes becayse they are in for off deserted and dangerous areas. Ansoo lake is in shape of eye and most of its water is freezed but a portion of it looks like "tear" from far off place. Ansoo means tear so thats why this lake has been named as Ansoo lake.

My cousin went there last year at they had to reach at a peak 14,000 (4,267 m) feet above sea level to just view this lake. It took them six hour to reach that peak from where one can view Ansoo lake. According to my cousin lake was not visible because of heavy fog and snow all around. He recommened that no one should plan a trip to Ansoo lake atleast because its just waste of time.

Another lake about which I came to know is "Sat Sri Mala". "Sat" means seven in local language. These are seven different lakes in steps. Water from each lake falls in the next one, thats why named it Sat Sri Mala. Sounds exotic na?

• Adventure Travel
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Camping

• Ansoo Lake of Kaghan (Pakistan)

by gipsypaki Written Aug 21, 2004

On the 13th August of 2004 Mughal Saim, Hafiz Imran, Jamshaid and I (Kashif Sarim) attempeted & summited the Ansoo lake, lake is panoramic & beautiful. It is in the bowl of the rocks. Ansoo means "Tear" & this lake is in the shape of the tear. Trek is very tough. We can strat from lake Saif-ul-Muluk(14,000) The trek takes normally 5 hrs from saif-ul-muluk to reach Ansoo lake. You can hire pony/mule and guide from lake saif-ul-muluk. This is lake of glacier but now all the ice had melted. The best season is from may 2 july then you can see the ice coverd lake. Its hieghts is round about 14,000f.Nature lovers should observe it and prais the nature. (Kashif Sarim Pakistan)

• Hiking and Walking
    • Fishing
    • Camping

Instant Answers: Naran

Comments

Other Off The Beaten Path in Naran