Know about this?
You know in my country, staring's considered rude!
This isn't so much a warning or danger, but I would call it a precaution. Let's face it - Peshawar isn't exactly a sought-after tourist destination. Therefore, when tourists are in the area and are visibly noticeably, people usually stare.
I am a very fair-skinned caucasian with dark hair and eyes. Nine out of ten times I blend and look like one of the locals (Pathans tend to be fairer than Pakistanis from the east, depending on their ancestry). The only time someone would be able to recognize I was a tourist was my accent and/or lack of grammatical Pashto.
Nevertheless, if you do find yourself being stared at, be polite about it. They are just curious and some may have never seen a foreigner in the flesh before. If you feel uncomfortable, don't flash any valuables (eg camera) or money around, that will only give yourself more attention. The only time I would be worried is if you find yourself being followed. And if that is the case, seek the help any locals around and obviously contact appropriate authorites.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
Peshawar Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dallas Hotels
- Dominican Republic
- Key Largo Hotels
- Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Chandlers Ford Hotels
- General Safety
- Jaipur Warnings and Dangers
- Downtown Seattle
- Pokhara Warnings and Dangers
- Palma de Mallorca Warnings and Dangers
- Guatemala City Warnings and Dangers
- Antalya Warnings and Dangers
- Sunny Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Kochi Warnings and Dangers
- Pittsburgh Warnings and Dangers
- China Warnings and Dangers
- Hamilton Warnings and Dangers