Take a Local, Peshawar

Know about this?

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

Taking a Local

by JohnniOmani Written Oct 13, 2006

Wandering around this city at night is not recommended as I mentioned in an earlier tip and I confirmed this with my hotel staff. Luckily, my Khyber Pass guide offered to show me around the Old City and Bazaar for 2 or 3 hours at no extra cost and I must say I was very very thankful that he did because he def got rid of some young people who wanted to get near me for whatever reasons. Everyone seemed to know him so they gave me space which turned out to be a great idea especially in the early evening. Walking around with a local is a great way to get a feel for the city without being harmed or followed by Afghan/local men.

• Laurina's Profile Photo

Bring a Pataan with you!

by Laurina Written Jan 12, 2003

Well, it goes without saying - one can encounter some anti-western sentiments in Peshawar, and I certainly did! We had our Pakistani tour guide with us who was from Hunza. He was a great guide but basically didn't speak the local language, Pashto. I would highly recommend for any visitor who goes to Peshawar or the rest of the North West Frontier Province to bring a local Pataan with you.

Instant Answers: Peshawar

Comments

Other Warnings and Dangers in Peshawar