Talokar Travel Guide

Talokar Warnings and Dangers

• by kbm550 Written Mar 31, 2005

Ive traveled up North in Pakistan, via road, through the small market town of Haripur in the North-Western Frontier Province to Abbottabad, Gilgit and the Karakoram ranges.
    Talokar village is near Haripur and I stayed in a small lodging(like a bed and breakfast)in this vilage because I couldnt find accomodation in Haripur during the summer rush.
    The person(s) who were running this place by the name of 'The Folly' were a woman, about 50 and two sons, about 30-35 years old; the woman was called 'Jeenie'(I dont know if this is her real name or a pseudonym) and her sons
    Haseeb and Nageeb.
    I was very seriously overcharged by them for only one night's stay and some of my kit was stolen from my rucksack. I later reported this to the local village headman, Mr Zahid Salim-Khan( avery nice gentlemen) who warned me against these people-- apparently, they are running the 'Jeenie' gang and are involved in all sorts of nefarious activities including drug-dealing and major fraud. They also seem to have some sort of crooked lodging operations in Abbottabad which is the next town on the Silk Route/Road, by the same title i.e, 'The Folly'. Mr Khan warned me that I should be careful and that it was no use complaining to the police .Many of the police people in Haripur and Talokar were mixed up in these scams.
    So, beware, any travelers to those parts. Try to stay in a reputable place in Abbottabad if possible. Otherwise, Talokar is good for a picnic or a short stop.

• Hiking and Walking

Talokar Favorites

• by loomari Updated Jul 21, 2004

Favorite thing: If you like quiet, in a small village surrounding, off the beaten track, away from civilization then Talokar isnt a bad place to be.

Fondest memory: The fruit trees and orchards are pretty nice. Mostly guava, citrus and loquats...

• Farm Stay

Instant Answers: Talokar

Comments

Talokar Travel Guide
Map of Talokar