Pasu Travel Guide

• Pasu
  • Tupopdan, 6,106m(20,033ft) - Cathedral Ridge
    Tupopdan, 6,106m(20,033ft) - Cathedral...
    On the KKH at Passu

Pasu Things to Do

• VTer Watching - episode 2

I believe you already watch my VTer Watching Main which is the tip before this one. In this second episode, l_joo wants to show you a complete brand new idea of VTer Watching. In this exciting episode, the main role character is performing a not so thrilling rectilinear progressive advancing movement in suspension bridge crossing. Well okay, that's...

• VTer Watching

VTer Watching is perhaps the first ever in VT. So much of funs and entertainings to just sit and watch with your eyes at a member posing for a useful yet accurate tip for the great www.virtualtourist.com, unforgettable experience.

• Landscape Watching 003

Closer focus on the Pasu Peak series of peaks, just sit and watch will do to enjoy Landscape Watching of my VT Pasu page tip.

Pasu Restaurants

Looking for foods

by l_joo Written Jul 23, 2004

This photo shows you a direction to hotel and foods but no restaurants yet. All hotels and guesthouses provide foods for tourists inside their own canteen but none I saw any restaurants. I'm picky tourist, I eat whatever they cook for me. If you want to eat foods only up to your taste, feel free to bring your own cooking set to make your own dish.

Pasu Nightlife

Best nightlife

by l_joo Written Jul 23, 2004

You should know we have no nightlife in Pasu but don't worry. You can snap as many photos as you can while the sun still shines and then you can review them when the night comes. For this photo, I use my left hand to snap and then I look at it at night as nightlife activity. I really enjoy it, no joke.

Pasu Transportation

• Karakoram Highway Condition

This is one small part of the long Karakoram Highway that I uploaded for VT page readers. A roadsign show us how steep the condition is in some part of the road.

• Hitchhike to Sost

To hitchhike in Pasu is so easy. All vehicles will stop at least to talk to you even they couldn't help you, they just friendly in this remote village town. I hitchhike a mini van to get myself to Sost by paying 30Rs for the driver. So nice so friendly.

• Pasu Hotels

0 Hotels in Pasu

Pasu Shopping

Shopping in Pasu

by l_joo Written Jul 23, 2004

Shopping in Pasu is the best thing you can do and the shop is this one in picture, the only shop still open for business. This shop open only half day because too many customers around. I was perhaps the only customers that day to by a Coke from them. Why I choose Coke? You must be there by yourself to find out why. If you enlarge the photo, you can see obviously, it has a self promotion slogan written nicely on right side of the photo "Stop enjoy Coca-Cola".

Pasu Local Customs

• Farmers and custom tip

Here in Pasu, I saw some voluntary sponsorship in building school where a signboard written with names of the sponsors. When I was in the village, a youngster approached me to ask for sponsorship for him to study in University. He asked me to support him in any amount I could afford. Anyway, this tip should belong to local custom section, for all...

• Most customs are for women

Most customs are for women, just as this photo. You should be able to see a woman in full white cloth covering from top to bottom. This is the custom tip, probably useful to VT page readers. In Karimabad, I saw a German couples in full Pakistanis long suit where the female also cover with a big piece of big cloth, quite similar to this woman in...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Pasu? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Pasu Warnings and Dangers

• Suspension bridge

If a suspension bridge is a danger then we put it under a warning tip because it was danger but why danger has to relate to warning. Things must go this way that a danger must follow by a warning, therefore it belong to a warning and danger tip.

• Hedgehog plant?

I called this a Hedgehog plant because it looks so similar to a hedgehog. It is a grass like ground vegetation fully emphasize on those needles. Be careful when you walk, in Pasu. Watch before you step.

Have you been to Pasu? Write about Pasu to help travelers.

Pasu Tourist Traps

• l_joo's Profile Photo
    Not all suspension bridge passable

by l_joo Written Jul 26, 2004

Yes, not all suspension bridge passable. If you look at this photo, it has two bridge but only one is passable. The half broken one is a big trap.

Pasu What to Pack

• l_joo's Profile Photo
    Obviously a bunch of flowers

by l_joo Written Jul 23, 2004

Luggage and bags: I know many tourists, especially those who came in big group or with family. They just go anywhere they like and then they just pluck any flowers they want to pack with them to bring home.

Pasu Off The Beaten Path

Kids watching

by l_joo Written Jul 23, 2004

To watch these villagers, I must walk into their village to be able to look at them. There were so many households in Pasu villages. Some foreign tourists come here to stay with them, some even donate money to build schools or pay for their study in university. I met a youngman who asked me to support him in his study at the university but I told him that I couldn't afford because I couldn't even support myself in U in my country.

Pasu Sports & Outdoors

Pasu Peak climb

by l_joo Written Jul 23, 2004

Yes, you can do it if you are rich and strong. Try to climb up this peak to experience and to challenge the toughness of snow mountains.

Pasu Favorites

• Pasu General Tip PGT-005

A special tip for you. For this tip, I don't even know what am I doing, all I know is that I want to have a photo with all the Pasu sceneries with me. This is certainly a tip for tourists worldwide.

• Pasu General Tip PGT-004

This tip shows a residential environment of Pasu. You must click the photo to enlarge to see those rock made houses by villagers.

• Pasu General Tip PGT-003

Please correct me because I already forgotten the name of this river. Was it Batura River, somebody please help me?

Instant Answers: Pasu

Comments

Explore Deeper into Pasu
Landscape Watching 002