Khewra Warnings and Dangers

No light
    Passing train

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Khewra

• besal's Profile Photo

PEOPLE: Its a mine..what else to expect

by besal Updated Apr 29, 2007

Click to enlarge and see what you see

Simply I would say is that dangers associated with all mines exists here as well. When I was getting my tickets, the man at the counter asked me for my ID. At first I retorted that do I look like a foreign tourist (wearing my WWF P-Cap, dark glasses, T-Shirt, Jeans, Hiking boots, lugging a backpack, dangling a digital camera, and holding a large mineral water bottle – signs of being alien). But they were checking ID of all entrants.

If you have an extreme fear of closed places and are claustrophobic, it is recommended that you avoid going inside.

Click on the main picture and what do you see…..EXACTLY!

People, this is a mine, and the electricity powering the lights inside is being supplied by WAPDA, which is known for frequent power failure. And I did not see any emergency lights anywhere around. I am sure you do not want to be caught inside the mine when this happens. No matter how brave you are, this scenario will scare the $hit out of anyone. Even an atheist will blurt out. Oh! God!

Guides are available at the entrance gate who have flashlights, and do know their way around. Pay extra to take them along. Alternatively, carry a flash light, but will you know which way to go? There are shafts that are taking you deeper inside the mine, and then there are deep brine ponds all around. In total darkness everything looks the same.

Also while entering/exiting the mine, be on a look out for the electric train as the passage is shared..for people walking and for those ridding the train.

Now why were they checking your ID’s and recording the data on it?

This is my prognosis…in case of a mine collapse; they will know who was inside, and where to contact next of kin ;)

Have I scared you enough? I hope not. Just be safe and enjoy.

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Khewra

Comments

Khewra Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Khewra warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Khewra sightseeing.