Language Barrier, Lahore
You may encounter a bit of problem communicating with street food vendors and with drivers of vans and rickshaws. In this situation, just request for help of anybody around you, he will be more than happy to interpret for you. English is second language in Pakistan and is widely spoken in the cities only.
Here are few sentences which might help you:
1. Asalam-u-aleikum = Hello
2. Waleikum Asalam = When someone says Hello to you.
3. Shukeria = Thanks
4. Mera nam Umer hay = My name is Umer.
5. Appka Naam kiya hay = What is your name ?
6. Mujhe Chai chahiye = I want Tea.
7. Ghoo-salkhana kahan hay = Where is the Toilet?
8. Airport kahan hay = Where is Airport?
9. kitne paese ? = How much ?
10. Allah hafiz = Good Bye