Cafe Zouk, Lahore

4 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

Mini Market, MM Alam Rd, Gulberg III, Lahore.

Me and a couple of friends at Cafe Zouk
    by pakistanibrain
    Cafe Zouk
    by Pakistaniguy
  • Cafe Zouk: Trendy spot on MM Alam Road

by MrsCarreiro Written Feb 26, 2008

Review by Amina Qizilbash - student of my grade 8 English class

Mmm… I love the smell when you enter Café Zouk. It is so tempting. It makes you feel hungry. The décor of Café Zouk is of its own kind. It has a beautiful lounge-like interior, soothing atmosphere and dim yellow lights (one of my favorite attractions.) It has sofas and really cool wrought iron chairs. The inside gives you a very cozy and warm feeling. It is loud and trendy. It has loud music on, which is the best part. They put on some real nice songs. I love their song collection.

One of its advantages is that you get to see many celebrities here. And it’s an amazing feeling having a celebrity around you. I met Stereo Nation here. The elite class of Lahore dines here quite frequently.

There is not a proper dress code here. You can wear something casual. You get to see people wearing real nice clothes and having real cool accessories for example Gucci watches and bags and much more stuff.

The menu is one of my favorite things. There is so much to choose from. The menu has a wide variety of food, continental to Pakistani. It even has some flavorful Italian and Thai dishes. They serve fast food as well and their burgers are delicious. There are some really yummy appetizers and they simply are savory. Mmm…Desert…. Love them they clearly are luscious.

Favorite Dish: They serve single servings. We ordered soup first. I had chicken cream soup and it was simple elite. It had a really lush taste. Then we ordered appetizers which were very savory. My mother, my sister and I ordered schezwan chicken. My brother ordered Thai noodles and my father ordered stuffed chicken.

As my hot plate came, my mouth started to water. This was truly delectable – the lush, thick, spicy gravy, the big boneless chicken pieces and the finely cut green chilies with almonds in the gravy. The gravy was served with chicken fried rice. The beautiful colors of fresh vegetables were blanketing the rice.

I asked for extra gravy and it was for sure worth eating. The long Thai noodles were looking very juicy and yummy. The served the noodle with chop sticks. The stuffed chicken was very tempting. The butter and cheese were melting and it looked absolutely fantastic. Then we ordered deserts. I ordered chocolate cake which was really yummy. My brother ordered vanilla ice cream. The food quality over here is consistent.

The service here is very good. The waiters and servers are very smartly dressed with a black suit, white shirt and black bow. They are polite and helpful. They greet you in a respectful way.

It is a reasonable place to dine. The price is not too high. If you compare the food quality with the price, yes it is very reasonable. What I ordered is for RS 250, which is reasonable as compared to the food.

My experience with this restaurant has always been splendid. I often go there for dinners. Whenever my family comes from abroad we always dine at Café Zouk at least once or twice during their stay. This place is amazing and the food here as well. I highly recommend it to everyone. You should try it once, it’s worth dining here.

• Cafe Zouk: Hip is what it is!

by silal Written Sep 4, 2007

Contrary to Mr. Pakistanibrain, Cafe Zouk is not quite that expensive and is NOT a coffeehouse. Compared to other restaurants (e.g. Cafe Aylanto, Tiramisu, Carpe Diem, Fujiyama) Zouk is quite reasonable. Their food is quite good, but do try their Thai Chili Dry dishes which are amongst the most popular ones at this restaurant.
    Also, the place is definitely hip and happening but its sometimes unbearably loud music discourages the "older" crowd from frequenting the restaurant.
    Overall: It's not the most upscale place and the service isn't the best - but you'll definitely love the food, the quick service (quick doesn't mean the best) and the pretty faces.

Favorite Dish: Thai Chicken Chilli Dry served with steamed rice.

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo

Cafe Zouk: Hip and expensive

by pakistanibrain Updated Aug 6, 2006

Cafe Zouk is where you could meet the VIP cream of Lahore if you are there at the right time. It is a very upscale, hip coffeehouse, but you will also get sandwiches and burgers there.

The atmosphere is a very modern one, which looks a little bit strange compared to the outside world in Lahore. It's like a world of it's own.

Favorite Dish: Nothing special, but the Cappucino is good.

Me and a couple of friends at Cafe Zouk

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Cafe Zouk: My Favourite Restaurant of Lahore

by Pakistaniguy Updated Feb 1, 2004

Cafe Zouk is doubtlessly my favourite and best restaurant of Lahore for international food. It is basically for young public. The people coming here are from the elite class of lahore because its prices are double than at the usual places. But the quality of food is superb!

Favorite Dish: I have tried a lot of various dishes of Fish, Chicken and beef. I love them all. I think u must try any of the Soups. but do not worry about the main course, just order, and i hope u will love it so much that u would be licking your fingers at the end. The portion of food for one person is quite big.

Cafe Zouk
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Lahore

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe Zouk
1.3 miles away