Chinese Restaurant in Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore

by WAHEEDASLAM
  • Fach77's Profile Photo

Taipan Chinese Restaurant: Good food terrible service

by Fach77 Written Dec 19, 2011

We were a group of 20 with the remaining restaurant two thirds empty. Food was good no doubt but the service was appalling with on,y two waiters and sometimes only one serving our huge table. They had no clue about what the order size should be, had no regard for people's empty plates. It was a bit embarrassing for me as my guests weren't best pleased. I had to run around the long table to see if rice have run out or if people have enough water and soft drinks.  Will never go there again

Favorite Dish: Chicken manchurian was v good.

• Business Travel

• Chinese Resturants in Gulberg Area... Lahore: Don't miss the chinese taste....

by WAHEEDASLAM Updated May 1, 2004

Resturant Interior

In the area of Gulberg there are a number of Chinese resturants, all pretty similar in quilty, presentation and choice for about US $ 4-5 a meal; HSIN KUANG, tel 8756556 which has an underground car park, and SICHUAN, tel 879146-5711707, both in Gulberg II
    XINHUA, tel 877994-5, TAI WAH, tel 873915- 878586, and HONG KONG, tel 870456,874669, all in Gulberg III; and SHANGHAI, 62 Main Gulberg, tel 5712683

Favorite Dish: I love Chinese soups....

• Taipan: Chinese food at the Pearl Continental

by Digi Updated Feb 17, 2004

The restaurant is pretty elegant, which shouldn't be surprising considering that it is in the PC which is a pretty lxurious hotel. I unfortunatly forgot the name of the restaurant, but it should be the only Chinese one inside the hotel.

The food was pretty good, and the portions were big. It is relatively expensive for Pakistan, but normal by western standards. Perhaps the most interesting thing I saw was that very few of the patrons were Pakistanis. I had never seen so many westerners at one time in one place in Lahore. I honestly felt that I was back in the States at times.

Favorite Dish: Manchurian Beef, very spicy