Know about this? Rate It!
Multan International Airport
Multan is serviced by Pakistan International Airlines.
There is ~4 time weekly service from Dubai.
Domestic flights are more varied, with services to the major cities (Faisalabad, Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad).
Notes for the traveler:
- PIA does not accept American Express.
- If using a travel agent, many of PIA's flights may come up as not having business/first class. This is not true, but rather an incompatibility of the computer system. You (or your agent) should call PIA directly and confirm business/first class.
- Upon departure from Multan, if you have e-ticket, you still are HIGHLY recommended to have a printed itinerary. Security will ask for it for entrance to the airport and their computer systems may not locate the ticket without having ARL and reservation numbers.
ATR from Pakistan International Airlines
Pakistan International Airline flies ATR between Multan and other Pakistan cities such as Karachi, Lahore and Multan multiple times a day. Flights usually connect between more than two cities to gain economies. For instance, I took a flight from Karachi to Multan which had to fly to Islamabad afterwards. And on the return flight, the plane was coming from Lahore and it made a connection at Bahawalpur after taking off from Multan airport and then head towards Karachi.
Make sure that you book atleast 2 weeks in advance as the flights get filled up in advance because of the high demand.
Other possible transportations are train (not recommended), bus (only DAEWOO is recommended, and your own transport.
Muhammad Bin Qasim International Airport (MUX)
Muhammad Bin Qasim International Airport (MUX) situated 10 km from Multan city center very close to Multan Cantonment Area.
Although it serves international flights but it is a very small airport only caters to Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) domestic and international ATR flights. The airport is easily approachable, there are a couple of check-in counters with a single- story small but very clean lounge, and the runway is so close that one can and do walk from the lounge to the plane.
There is a small tuck shop, prayer area each for men and women with ablution facility, and washrooms inside the lounge.
Multan Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bowness-on-Windermere Hotels
- Gavardo Hotels
- Kampung Seberang Takir Hotels
- Sancerre Hotels
- Las Médulas
- Bluff Transportation
- Oklahoma City Transportation
- Hyderabad Transportation
- Choshi Transportation
- Ulsan Transportation
- Granada Transportation
- Icmeler Transportation
- Basilicata Transportation
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park Transportation
- Jaipur Transportation
- Haleiwa Transportation
- San Salvador Transportation