Clifton Funland, Karachi

Clifton Fun Land Karachi
    by Bokhari76
    Jehangir Kothari Parade, Clifton
    by Bokhari76
  • the first camel I've seen in my life....clifton
    the first camel I've seen in my...
    by daphne77
  • Bokhari76's Profile Photo

Clifton Fun Land at Bagh Ibne Qasim

by Bokhari76 Updated Mar 31, 2012
    Clifton Fun Land Karachi

In my other review about Bagh Ibne Qasim, I emphasized on "Jahangir Kothari Parage" & the Park in General. Actual Fund Land or Play Land is in the left most corner of Bagh Ibne Qasim. Its direct access is from Abdullah Shah Ghazi's Mazar side. You can enter the Fun Land from Park too.

Fun Land has several rides for Kids as well as Elders. If you are Travelling with children, you must come here. Children enjoy rides very much. I remember when I was kid my father often used to take me there. Now I took my son there. Although he is still younger for independent rides. But there is a separate place for Toddlers with TOKEN based small rides which move too & fro.

• Theme Park Trips

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo

Jehangir Kothari Parade

by Bokhari76 Updated Feb 20, 2008

Jehangir Kothari Parade, Clifton

Clifton was built by an eminent Karachi citizen Mr. Jahangir Kothari on his land, 85 years ago, which he bequeathed to the city of Karachi. The pier of the complex was named after Lady Lloyd, Governor Lloyd’s wife, and the marble plaque embedded in the pier wall reads :

“Lady Lloyd Pier. Inspired by Her Excellency the Hon. Lady Lloyd, this promenade pier and pavilion was constructed at a cost of Rs.3 Lakhs and donated to the people of Karachi by Jahangir H Kothari, OBE to whose generosity and public spirit the gift is due ....... Opened by Her Excellency the Hon. Lady Lloyd 21st March 1921.”

In June 2005 City Disctric Govt. has started the renovation work of Clifton by removing old Play Land and covering more area on both sides of Lady Lloyd Pier and finally it was inaugurated on February 27, 2007. The park is country's Biggest Park, constructed on 130 acres of land. Newly formed park is named as "Bagh-e-Ibne Qsim" in memory of great muslim conquerer Muhammad Bin Qasim.

Park has lighting everywhere, pathways & lush green lawns. In the middle runs Lady Loyd Pier which gives a magnificent view.

There is another Park near Bagh-e-Ibne Qasim namely Beach Park. This beautiful park spread over an area of 47 acres, has been constructed along coastal driveway

• Theme Park Trips
    • Architecture

• daphne77's Profile Photo

romantic scenery

by daphne77 Written Apr 29, 2005
    the first camel I've seen in my life....clifton

I've been many times to the beach, to restaurants on the beach and to the Funland, is very beautiful with a long, not crowded beach, with beautiful architectures near the seaside and a very cool wind. fantastic and relaxing...

• Beaches