Keti Bandar Travel Guide

Keti Bandar Favorites

• AircraftGuy's Profile Photo

by AircraftGuy Written Jun 23, 2010

Favorite thing: had a chance to visit this place way back in 1992 with my uncle, Ex. DIG (Karachi) Farooq Amin Qureshi and my uncle Badar Jamal Abro, an archeologist whose name could even be found in Wikipedia. I studied in 7th standard at that time. From Keti Bandar we went deep into creeks in a boat and this 5 hour journey will never be erased off my mind. There were uninhabited islands, the taste of water went saltish as this is place where river Indus meets the Arabian sea. We even spotted dolphins. The area is rich in scenic beauty. After more than an hour's journey (possibly one and a half hour) we reached a creek spilled with archeological ruins. there were potteries, marks of an almost turned to ground castle and other clay stuff including the toys.
    It is believed that Muhammad Bin Qassim invaded Sindh from this route.
    This area was newly discovered that year possibly because of the change of the river's direction. I don't know how this area is now. Maybe the traces have washed away, but will definately like to go there once again!

• Eco-Tourism
    • Adventure Travel
    • Archeology

• AircraftGuy's Profile Photo

by AircraftGuy Written Jun 22, 2010

Favorite thing: I had a chance to visit this place way back in 1992 with my uncle, Ex. DIG (Karachi) Farooq Amin Qureshi and my uncle Badar Jamal Abro, an archeologist whose name could even be found in Wikipedia. I studied in 7th standard at that time. From Keti Bandar we went deep into creeks in a boat and this 5 hour journey will never be erased off my mind. There were uninhabited islands, the taste of water went saltish as this is place where river Indus meets the Arabian sea. We even spotted dolphins. The area is rich in scenic beauty. After more than an hour's journey (possibly one and a half hour) we reached a creek spilled with archeological ruins. there were potteries, marks of an almost turned to ground castle and other clay stuff including the toys.
    It is believed that Muhammad Bin Qassim invaded Sindh from this route.

• Archeology
    • Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• Keti Bandar Hotels

0 Hotels in Keti Bandar

Instant Answers: Keti Bandar

Comments

Keti Bandar Travel Guide
Map of Keti Bandar