Bacolod Restaurants

hanging chicken
    by theguardianangel
    Museum Cafe, Bacolod, Philippines.
    by planxty
  • Drink, Museum Cafe, Bacolod, Philippines.
    Drink, Museum Cafe, Bacolod,...
    by planxty

Most Recent Restaurants in Bacolod

• jopetsy's Profile Photo

Bar 21: A must try for Batchoy lovers

by jopetsy Written Mar 9, 2013
    BAR 21 | Super special Batchoy

We were told to try their Batchoy and it never failed us. We were suppose to try this at their main branch along Lacson Drive but upon arriving during dinner time, they were not serving it anymore. We had to transfer to their other branch located at the Go Hotels of the Cebu Pacific group. We ordered the super special Batchoy which includes the egg, bone marrow soup, pork liver and chicharon. We ordered several other dish but it was not that special. I'll definitely go back to have their Batchoy again.

Favorite Dish: SUPER SPECIAL BATCHOY | Mouth watering soup with extra ordinary feeling after finishing it to the last sip

• Business Travel

• jopetsy's Profile Photo

Aboy's Restaurant: Should not be missed

by jopetsy Written Mar 9, 2013
    ABOY'S RESTAURANT | Scallop inasal

I must say that this is the best restaurant in Bacolod. A must try would be the Squid fats which is cooked as black adobo, the steamed oyster mushrooms is also a must try. The inasal Scallops are also great for appetizer. The restaurant is a bit far, roughly 20-30 minute drive from the town proper but again, everything's worth it!

Favorite Dish: SCALLOP INASAL | Must try
    SQUID FATS | Squid fats cooked in adobo style

• Business Travel

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Aboy's Restaurant: Don't miss the hanging colorful masks!

by theguardianangel Written May 26, 2012
    the restaurant is very welcoming

We had our first lunch in Aboy's. I can definitely say that this restaurant gave me an awesome impression on my first visit! The restaurant is like a big house! I love the hanging colorful masks, I really find it very attractive! The ambience, food and the service were great! The place was very wide and you can choose where you wish to dine whether in airconditioned or non-conditioned room. For the dessert, there's an ice cream stall with lots of flavors to choose from.

When we went inside the restaurant where you can choose a dish, this board hanging on a wall, caught my attention and it says:
    BE HONEST
    EVEN OTHER ARE NOT
    EVEN OTHERS WILL NOT
    EVEN OTHERS CAN NOT

Favorite Dish: I love the "Sinigang the hipon", big buko and the bibingka! The shrimp in "sinigang na hipon" is very tasty and the shrimp's big too! I love the big "Buko" (coconut fruit) because it's literally served as it is! The bibingka just tastes right.

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Pendy's Restaurant: Get a taste of Bacolod's finest!

by theguardianangel Written May 25, 2012
    Pendy's posh resto

Pendy's restaurant is the most elegant resto I've ever seen in a province like in Bacolod. When we entered the place, it was like.. the time turned back in the Spanish times, I felt I was in one of the restaurants in Intramuros, Manila.

I don't know anything about Pendy's but it's quite popular here then I got to know it better when I saw this frame hanging beside the door. The article featured the TOP 8 MOST AWESOME RESTAURANTS in the Philippines and Pendy's was 8th in the list. I can say that the article's reliable since it was written by Anton, who was the founder of the website- www.ourawesomeplanet.com.

The resto's wide and they just don't provide dining pleasures but also a Pasalubong counter is found on the right side. Confectioneries, keychains, shirts, local food, etc.- they have all it all here!

Favorite Dish: Napoleones is a confectionery which is lashed by a thin layer of white sugar glaze and a layer of puff pastry sandwiched with custard cream! It tastes great but in moderation. I don’t like sweets as much as my sister does so I just bought this as pasalubong for her.

Based on Anton's article, diners' favorite are Chicken Dinuguan, Pancit Molo, Batchoy with Lechon,
    Korean Beef Stew, Spareribs and Padthai.

• Festivals

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Bacolod Chicken House: Don't go back home without the chicken!

by theguardianangel Written May 17, 2012

chicken at its best!!!

If there’s one thing that you mustn’t miss while in Bacolod, that is to eat in Bacolod Chicken House! They say that this is the only proof that you’ve been in Bacolod! This is the home of the famous and original chicken inasal. There are 2 branches of Bacolod Chicken House, one in Araneta Avenue and the other in Lacson Street.

We got there through a taxi since we don’t know its exact location. The place is very clean and wide. The table is very inviting due to the colorful marbles on it.
    You can choose between an air conditioned and non air conditioned place to eat. Since it’s summer and the weather’s very humid and dry, we dined in the air conditioned room. Funny thing is, we observed that when you dine in the air conditioned room, there’s a 10-15% fee (I just can’t remember the exact fee) charged to the total bill.

Favorite Dish: The chicken costs around 45-90Php only. Another thing that I find unusual is the garlic rice. We were surprised that the garlic rice is white rice with fried and crushed garlic on top of it! Haha! Literally “garlic” rice! The chicken is very juicy and tasty! You won’t get over it!

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Palmas Del Mar Resort: Don't miss the hanging fried chicken!

by theguardianangel Written May 16, 2012

hanging chicken

We had our dinner in Palmas del Mar Resort which is actually a 5-acre resort situated at the edge of the sea. What’s great about this is that though you don't stay in their resort, anybody can eat at their restaurant while watching the sunset. This resort is a bit far from the Business Inn Hotel where we stay, about 20 minutes to get there. At the back of the restaurant is a pool which is also open for public, a bar, a big garden where a wedding is being held. We dined outside the restaurant where we get a better view of the resort and ofcourse the sunset!

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the presentation of the hanging fried chicken where it’s surrounded by a mountain of rice, fried bangus (milkfish), shrimps, salted egg, tomatoes, fruits on the side and placed over a banana leaf! The dishes are all very tasty and the chicken is very crispy!!!! The food can even be good up to 8 people… that is.. if all of them don’t have that big appetite!

• Beaches

• planxty's Profile Photo

Hyksos Tulahan, Bacolod.: What a wonderful meal, outstanding seafood.

by planxty Updated Apr 22, 2012

Prawns, Hyksos restaurant, Bacolod, Philippines.

I had landed in Bacolod after a long hard days travelling and despite a wash and brush up on the ferry, I probably wasn't exactly at my best. I really wasn't expecting to be whisked straight to a restaurant where I was to have one of the very best fish / seafood meals I have ever had. I include in this assessment some wonderful places in UK, France, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand and who knows where else. I had been met by VT members Buena and Gregg along with Buena's friend Kenny who proved to be not only a wonderful dining companion but a most willing driver as well.

We went to the restaurant pictured, checked the reservation (for eight, we were joined by other friends later) and the first thing Buena does is ask us do we want to go to the market with her. I was slightly bemused by this but tagged along as I love night markets. I still wasn't sure what was happeing, thinking perhaps she had to pick up something before the rest of the party arrived. A two minute walk brought us to a very good fish market, which I shall deal with in a seperate tip, and she started to load up on "fruits de mer" like I have never seen. Scallops, various fish, huge prawns, minced crab meat, it was all there and I am sure I have forgotten something. As she did, she explained the principle to me. You go to market, buy what you like and the restaurant charges for cooking to your requirments and presumably making a few pesos on the drinks.

I think I am right in saying that this is what the word tulahan means as all the restaurants on the strip were X,Y and Z Tulahan. I stand to be corrected if this turns out to be the area name!

The food was deposited with the chef and we sat down for a bit of conversation. This place was popular and I was glad we had the reservation. In contrast, many of the other places seemed nearly empty. I am a great believer in local knowledge and these guys really knew what they were about in picking this place.

The food began to arrive and it was truly fit for a king, brought out at reasonable intervals, but there was just so much of it. Unfortunately, the five photo rule on tips does not allow me to show you all the dishes but we feasted on the most succulent grilled prawns in sauce, minced crabmeat with a few bits and pieces mixed through and grilled scallops which were cooked to perfection. Next up was a soup particular to the Philippines which features large lumps of fish in a broth which is flavoured with a slightly sour local ingredent, the name of which I now believe to be silligaw. Gregg wasn't so sure but I really liked it. A couple of huge tuna steaks done in a local sauce with a few onions completed the meal.

I cannot stress again how good the food was and I am guessing at prices and comparative expensiveness as Buena embarrassingly insisted on paying for all of it, so do not take these figures as accurate, I have picked the median in each case as I genuinely do not have a clue. Asking would have been hugely impolite, even from another VT member who writes tips! Also remember that you provide your own ingredients which further complicates the issue.

If you are not fortunate enough to have Philippino friends, do not be put off. I spoke to a Croatian guy who had heard about the place, asked where the market was, came back with some produce and was happily tucking in as we left.

Hugely recommended.

Favorite Dish: How could I possibly pick one dish? If absolutely forced, it would be a choice between the prawns and the scallops, but it literally would be a tossup.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Shakey's, Bacolod: A decent enough chain.

by planxty Written Feb 9, 2012
    Shakey's restaurant, Bacolod, Philippines.

As far as I can see, Shakey's is a pretty large chain of franchises in the Philippines, they seem to be everywhere. I am not generally a fan of franchise chains but these seem to be quite good. I visited with a couple of other VT members, the first experience I had had of Shakey's and it was very positive.

As my mate Fish once wrote, I was "trapped in the indecision of another fine menu" which consits mainly of pizza and pasta with some fish and, of course, chicken thrown in. The problem was neatly solved by the "Don't know what to have? Have the lot" option. A bowl of chicken and corn soup, slice of pizza, Caesar sala, mojos (sauteed potatoes) and chicken and all for under 200 pesos. It was all very palatable, wahsed down with a glass of San Miguel beer.

Haute cuisine it is not but it is a decent option for a reasonably priced meal.

Favorite Dish: The mixed platter as described.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Ting Tings.: Give this a miss.

by planxty Written Feb 9, 2012

Ting Ting's restaurant, Bacolod, Philippines.

I suppose I should really have had a clue when I walked in here in the early evening and it was just about empty despite having about 200 covers. There appeared to be a children's party going on out the back but that was it. I normally try to go places that are full as it indicates they are good but I reasoned it was still quite early and perhaps the rush would come later. Well, I should have stuck to my own theory.

Despite the lack of diners the service was painfully slow. The menu is quite extensive including live crab and they announce that chicken is their speciality so I ordered the sizzling chicken with rice. In fairness the chicked was well enough cooked but the sauce was absolutely vile. It was so over-salted it was like trying to consume congealed seawater. I do not think I have ever eaten such an over-seasoned sauce. I managed to retrieve the chicken from it's saline bath and it was OK.

Considering the amount of competition and very good competition in town, indeed on this road, I am surprised this place has survived. I do not like to give negative reviews but this place, on my oe visit, is best avoided which is such a shame as I have had pretty universally excellent food in this country.

Favorite Dish: I have eaten there once and it was awful so no favourite dish for me.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Crave Burger: Excellent burger.

by planxty Written Feb 8, 2012

Crave Burger restaurant, Bacolod, Philippines.

I popped into the Crave Burger restaurant for a quick bite one afternoon as I just wanted a snack. I was due to eat out later so I ordered the smallest burger and chips (fries). I am glad I didn't go for anything larger as it was quite sizeable and filling. I am generally not a fan of chain burger places as I find the meat patties normally fairly bland but this was very good and tasted like a proper burger. The fries were nice and dry.

OK, so what can I tell you? It is a burger joint, one of a chain, but it is rather well done. Other branches are in Metro Manila and Iloilo (see appended website). It is spotlessly clean and the staff were friendly.

Crave Burger is open every day from 1030 to midnight.

Favorite Dish: The burger and chips as described.

• planxty's Profile Photo

Museum Cafe: A light bite.

by planxty Written Feb 8, 2012
    Museum Cafe, Bacolod, Philippines.

On a rather hot day and after a visit to the wonderful nearby Ecological park, I was sorely in need of a cold drink when I came upon the Museum Cafe. As the name suggests, it is part of the Negros Occidental Museum (see seperate tip) and indeed IS as much an art gallery as it is a restaurant. It is spotlessly clean with a delightful al fresco eating area to the front. Service was efficient and friendly. Having already eaten I opted for a lime and ginger drink which was lovely and very refreshing. It cost 60 pesos. Whilst I have often seen ginger and lime combined in Oriental cooking, I have never had it in a drink but I shall certainly be trying to recreate it at home.

A look at the menu suggests they tend towards light bites rather than full meals altough there are a couple of options and a daily special. The speciality appears to be sandwiches made with freshly baked bread.

The day I was there they had just finished a wine tasting which had been overseen by the Swedish manager. I am not sure if this is a regular event or not.

It is a little more expensive than other places but a nice place to sit for a while either before or after a visit to the Museum proper.

Favorite Dish: I only had the lime and ginger drink as described.

• Wine Tasting

Tama Plaza: Floating Restaurant at Balarin, in Talisay

by paolodecastro Updated Nov 2, 2011

Exterior view of some of the floating resto

Its a floating restaurant...which offers a very nice view........of the ocean...of the sky and the mangrooves.....ahahhaahahaaha

We had our lunch here.......(i think this is in Talisay already) after we ate our lunch here we went straight to Balay Negrense.......(well its a different story)

I think if you are here........what else can you order ( i mean this in a possitive way)...but seafoods.......seafoods...and lots of seafoods........

i like everything we eat here from buttered kalamares.......to.....sisig......to...sinigang....wow.......i had a great lunch.....

Plus the price is very affordable............:)
    Nice catch.........isn't it

Favorite Dish: Everything........as well as its seafood.................:)

Its just pity that i didn't get the picture of the dished...but Buena did...:).....
    perhaps ill just borrow the pictures to her...:)

Kuppa: TRy Kuppa...........in the evening

by paolodecastro Updated Oct 26, 2011

This is a fine dining restaurant........the good thing in here...is that those customer who smokes...can get the outside space at the second floor which i think offers a nice view at night.......

I Think think this place is the right place when you are on a date...here in Bacolod...:)

Favorite Dish: Not a favorite but i tried their seafood pasta, lychee shake and their pizza.....
    what i noticed...they have a very big serving.......

I was there with Buena......and the food we ordered is good for four already...for Php 600.00 thats nice already.............:)

El Ideal: Ideal Place for Merienda

Exterior view of El Ideal

The place gives you a feeling that you really are out of Manila....nice place...nice feeling............ at least....your vacation plan is in the right place....forgetting Manila and work for a while...ahahahhaahaha

We went here after after our picture taking of the Balay Negrense...it was a hot afternoon...and a Merienda is very much needed at that time......

The place is famous for tourist......they have halo-halo, all types of pies, mango shake.....every thing a filipino wishes for his merienda...hahahhaahaaa

I like the butchi here.......it looks like a longganisa from our town.........:)

btw....the El Ideal......is pronounced.....edial....not the typical Ideal....like others would pronounce it..................:)

Have it in DECo's: Ilonngo's Batchoy

by paolodecastro Updated Oct 26, 2011

Have a taste of the Ilonggos Original Batchoy here in Bacolod (i tasted it first when i was in La Paz, Iloilo)......together with the puto.....yum....yum...yum.....

According to Buena...the restaurant bought the original recipe of a restaurant in the Iloilo market.....(if its true...i don't know)...now its a favorite restaurant here in Bacolod

Favorite Dish: the Original Batchoy.......Extra.....:) or you can ask for the extra soup (sabaw)...
    what i like is dippig the puto to the batchoy soup......:)

Instant Answers: Bacolod

Comments

Bacolod Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bacolod restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bacolod sightseeing.