Bacolod Restaurants

hanging chicken
    by theguardianangel
    Museum Cafe, Bacolod, Philippines.
    by planxty
  • Drink, Museum Cafe, Bacolod, Philippines.
    Drink, Museum Cafe, Bacolod,...
    by planxty

Best Rated Restaurants in Bacolod

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Pendy's Restaurant: Get a taste of Bacolod's finest!

by theguardianangel Written May 25, 2012
    Pendy's posh resto

Pendy's restaurant is the most elegant resto I've ever seen in a province like in Bacolod. When we entered the place, it was like.. the time turned back in the Spanish times, I felt I was in one of the restaurants in Intramuros, Manila.

I don't know anything about Pendy's but it's quite popular here then I got to know it better when I saw this frame hanging beside the door. The article featured the TOP 8 MOST AWESOME RESTAURANTS in the Philippines and Pendy's was 8th in the list. I can say that the article's reliable since it was written by Anton, who was the founder of the website- www.ourawesomeplanet.com.

The resto's wide and they just don't provide dining pleasures but also a Pasalubong counter is found on the right side. Confectioneries, keychains, shirts, local food, etc.- they have all it all here!

Favorite Dish: Napoleones is a confectionery which is lashed by a thin layer of white sugar glaze and a layer of puff pastry sandwiched with custard cream! It tastes great but in moderation. I don’t like sweets as much as my sister does so I just bought this as pasalubong for her.

Based on Anton's article, diners' favorite are Chicken Dinuguan, Pancit Molo, Batchoy with Lechon,
    Korean Beef Stew, Spareribs and Padthai.

• Festivals

• theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Aboy's Restaurant: Don't miss the hanging colorful masks!

by theguardianangel Written May 26, 2012
    the restaurant is very welcoming

We had our first lunch in Aboy's. I can definitely say that this restaurant gave me an awesome impression on my first visit! The restaurant is like a big house! I love the hanging colorful masks, I really find it very attractive! The ambience, food and the service were great! The place was very wide and you can choose where you wish to dine whether in airconditioned or non-conditioned room. For the dessert, there's an ice cream stall with lots of flavors to choose from.

When we went inside the restaurant where you can choose a dish, this board hanging on a wall, caught my attention and it says:
    BE HONEST
    EVEN OTHER ARE NOT
    EVEN OTHERS WILL NOT
    EVEN OTHERS CAN NOT

Favorite Dish: I love the "Sinigang the hipon", big buko and the bibingka! The shrimp in "sinigang na hipon" is very tasty and the shrimp's big too! I love the big "Buko" (coconut fruit) because it's literally served as it is! The bibingka just tastes right.

• jopetsy's Profile Photo

Aboy's Restaurant: Should not be missed

by jopetsy Written Mar 9, 2013
    ABOY'S RESTAURANT | Scallop inasal

I must say that this is the best restaurant in Bacolod. A must try would be the Squid fats which is cooked as black adobo, the steamed oyster mushrooms is also a must try. The inasal Scallops are also great for appetizer. The restaurant is a bit far, roughly 20-30 minute drive from the town proper but again, everything's worth it!

Favorite Dish: SCALLOP INASAL | Must try
    SQUID FATS | Squid fats cooked in adobo style

• Business Travel

• jopetsy's Profile Photo

Bar 21: A must try for Batchoy lovers

by jopetsy Written Mar 9, 2013
    BAR 21 | Super special Batchoy

We were told to try their Batchoy and it never failed us. We were suppose to try this at their main branch along Lacson Drive but upon arriving during dinner time, they were not serving it anymore. We had to transfer to their other branch located at the Go Hotels of the Cebu Pacific group. We ordered the super special Batchoy which includes the egg, bone marrow soup, pork liver and chicharon. We ordered several other dish but it was not that special. I'll definitely go back to have their Batchoy again.

Favorite Dish: SUPER SPECIAL BATCHOY | Mouth watering soup with extra ordinary feeling after finishing it to the last sip

• Business Travel

• planxty's Profile Photo

Museum Cafe: A light bite.

by planxty Written Feb 8, 2012
    Museum Cafe, Bacolod, Philippines.

On a rather hot day and after a visit to the wonderful nearby Ecological park, I was sorely in need of a cold drink when I came upon the Museum Cafe. As the name suggests, it is part of the Negros Occidental Museum (see seperate tip) and indeed IS as much an art gallery as it is a restaurant. It is spotlessly clean with a delightful al fresco eating area to the front. Service was efficient and friendly. Having already eaten I opted for a lime and ginger drink which was lovely and very refreshing. It cost 60 pesos. Whilst I have often seen ginger and lime combined in Oriental cooking, I have never had it in a drink but I shall certainly be trying to recreate it at home.

A look at the menu suggests they tend towards light bites rather than full meals altough there are a couple of options and a daily special. The speciality appears to be sandwiches made with freshly baked bread.

The day I was there they had just finished a wine tasting which had been overseen by the Swedish manager. I am not sure if this is a regular event or not.

It is a little more expensive than other places but a nice place to sit for a while either before or after a visit to the Museum proper.

Favorite Dish: I only had the lime and ginger drink as described.

• Wine Tasting

• planxty's Profile Photo

Shakey's, Bacolod: A decent enough chain.

by planxty Written Feb 9, 2012
    Shakey's restaurant, Bacolod, Philippines.

As far as I can see, Shakey's is a pretty large chain of franchises in the Philippines, they seem to be everywhere. I am not generally a fan of franchise chains but these seem to be quite good. I visited with a couple of other VT members, the first experience I had had of Shakey's and it was very positive.

As my mate Fish once wrote, I was "trapped in the indecision of another fine menu" which consits mainly of pizza and pasta with some fish and, of course, chicken thrown in. The problem was neatly solved by the "Don't know what to have? Have the lot" option. A bowl of chicken and corn soup, slice of pizza, Caesar sala, mojos (sauteed potatoes) and chicken and all for under 200 pesos. It was all very palatable, wahsed down with a glass of San Miguel beer.

Haute cuisine it is not but it is a decent option for a reasonably priced meal.

Favorite Dish: The mixed platter as described.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Bacolod

Comments

Bacolod Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bacolod restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bacolod sightseeing.