Places to eat in Bacolod City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Bacolod City

• buenababe's Profile Photo

L' Kaisei: Let's go Japanese!

by buenababe Updated Jun 28, 2011

One of the few local Japanese Restaurants in Bacolod is Kaisei. They have the main restaurant, big and spacious one in Lacson St., and a branch in SM City (mall).

Their food prices are quite reasonable compared to other Japanese Restaurants and the food is simply superb. The one in Lacson St. has a Japanese-look building and offers function rooms for dining in a group. We celebrated Mom's birthday there last year and we were very satisfied with the food.

Favorite Dish: California Maki... ahhh, my favorite! i can consume 2 servings in one sitting!lol

L'Kaisei California Maki Udon something.lol 2 servings for me. ;)
    • Business Travel

• buenababe's Profile Photo

Tikboy's: Best Pork BBQ in town!

by buenababe Written Jun 28, 2011

Tikboy's has been know for decades for having the best pork barbecue in a reasonable price. Centrally located near one of the Colleges in downtown Bacolod, many students and employees flock there to eat lunch or dinner. They also serve "home" foods which are cheaper as compared to restaurants or fast food chains.

So if you are in budget or just wanna try barbecue, Bacolod Style, visit Tikboy's and see for yourself.

Favorite Dish: Pork Barbecue, Of course. - cheap and tastes good.

Cafe Bob's: Old-time Favorite

by buenababe Updated Jun 28, 2011

Before I was even born, when my parents were dating, they used to eat at Bob's a lot. One time, we were eating there, and an old waiter remarked to my parents that he's happy to see us. Nice isn't it?

Bob's is more like a "family" restaurant. Considered one of the best restaurants in Bacolod. They serve a variety of food, from steaks, pasta, pizza, mongolian, local, etc. Among their most loved dishes are: Bob's Giant Burger, Sate Babe, Baby backribs. They also serve coffee, cakes and pastry.

It is a classy type of restaurant with good ambience and nice service.

Favorite Dish: As always, Bob's Sate Babe with java rice and pickled papaya! - the most delicious i ever had.

Bob's @ Lacson St. fetuccini alfredo @bob's monggolian bowl @bobs
    • Business Travel

• buenababe's Profile Photo

Pala-Pala: Fresh Seafoods in Town!

by buenababe Updated May 11, 2011

Pala-pala is a wet market in Bacolod where the fishermen's fresh catch of the day is being sold. From Tuna, Prawns, Fish, Squid, Crabs, and other sea foods. Beside the market are a number of small restaurants which offer cooking services. One must must purchase the seafoods first from the market, then go to the restaurant, and inform them what dish and style of cooking do u prefer. The restaurant's charge is per dish for the additional ingredients and labor. They also serve soda and rice...

For me, the best restaurant in Pala-pala is Hyksos.

Favorite Dish: garlic and buttered shrimp - the best i've ever tasted.

shrimps!!! crabs!

• buenababe's Profile Photo

Manokan Country: Original Chicken Inasal (barbecue)

by buenababe Written May 11, 2011

Manokan Country is a strip of Food stalls/restaurants that serve the original chicken inasal. Bacolod is known for the best-tasting chicken barbecue in the country and Manokan has been in business for decades. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from and they serve the finest-tasting inasal in town.

Manokan doesnt look the typical 1st class restaurant or anything fancy - just the tables, chairs and the grill. ;) People usually eat with their hands, and it is such an experience if u happen to visit Bacolod!

P.S. "Manok" is the dialect for chicken. where the word Manokan was derived. ;)

Favorite Dish: The best dish in Manokan is of course, the chicken barbecue. It can be the thigh or the breast with wings part.

manokan's best oysters at manokan

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Aboy's: Inexpensive Great-tasting Food!

by cyndymc Updated Oct 25, 2010

Aboy's is one of the Top 5 Restaurants in Bacolod. It is another restaurant you shouldn't miss when in Bacolod. From its humble beginnings as a small eatery near Burgos Public Market in February 1992, Aboy's had expanded the restaurant to accommodate their growing clientele. They moved to a much bigger, better location near the Goldenfield Commercial Complex. People were willing to line up to have their tables for lunch. More staff were then hired to serve more people, but Aboy himself was serving the guests. He was and still is a hands-on owner-manager. It is a delight to see him in action. The first time we went there with my cousin, her hubby and son, Aboy was not there. But the second time hubby and I dined there, I witnessed how he handled the guests. He did the welcoming of guests, ushered them to their tables, and even cleared some tables.

There are cooked meals that you can choose from, but there is also a counter for fresh seafood that you can order to be grilled for you. Dining at Aboy's is a pleasurable experience. Not only is their food great, their native-inspired interior design is impressive, made more interesting with the collection of masks on the walls.

Free tarragon tea was given to us after meal, but my cousin whispered something to the waiter, and he later served us the famous "Kape ni Aboy". I learned later that you have to say the "magic words" to the waiter to be served "Kape ni Aboy". I am not an avid coffee drinker, but after tasting "Kape ni Aboy", I craved for brewed coffee...however, the other brewed coffee tasted bland compared to "Kape ni Aboy".

Aboy's used to close after lunch time; they later opened for dinner, but they remain closed on Sundays. Operating Hours: 9AM to 11PM, Monday to Saturday

Favorite Dish: When we dined with my cousin, her hubby and son, we had so much food: Calderetang Kambing, Paksiw na Lechon, Pangat, Grilled Squid, Bacolod Longanisa, and my favorites: Grilled blue marlin, grilled/baked scallops, "kinilaw na dorado". On our 2nd visit, we just had to satisfy our craving for more scallops, blue marlin and kinilaw. We also tried the rare Angel's Wings (sometimes referred to as angel clams) but I didn't like the sandy texture and taste very much.

Scallops @ Aboy's Grilled Blue Marlin @ Aboy's Decor  @ Aboy's My Cousin & Hubby Examining Cooked Dishes

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Chicken House North: The Best Chicken Inasal!

by cyndymc Written Oct 25, 2010

My cousin, her hubby (a Bacolod resident) and 3 best friends brought hubby and I to Chicken House North. They said while in Bacolod, we should try the authentic Bacolod chicken "INASAL" (INASAL is Ilonggo word for “grilled”). So on our first day in Bacolod City, we were treated to the tastiest chicken inasal we've ever tasted.

Chicken House is one of the most patronized restaurants in Bacolod. Their menu includes various parts of the chicken skewed in barbecue stick. Even Bacolod residents go there to dine and hangout, and they always bring their foreign and local guests to sample their cuisine.

The Chicken House North where we first ate was spacious and clean. Service was fast; crew were alert to customers' needs. The staff were all nice; 'twas really service with a smile. They didn't mind us overstaying in the restaurant. (Bacolod House closes by 2PM to reopen again by 4PM (if I remember right, they are open 10AM-2PM, and 4PM-11PM).

Hubby and I just had to have chicken inasal again! We tried the Lacson Branch nearer our hotel one night. The quality of food is the same as Chicken House North. We were lucky to get seats. In just a few minutes after our arrival, so many people were on the waiting area.

Favorite Dish: I loved their "Paa" (chicken leg BBQ), atay (chicken liver), "isol" (chicken tail), prk BBQ and spareribs. Sooo YUMMY! Tender, tasty and juicy!

I didn't taste their baticulon" (chicken gizzard), "pakpak" (chicken wings) and chicken skin, but you can try it.

Chicken House North Chicken House North Chicken Crew of Chicken House North Pork BBQ,

• eversure's Profile Photo

Lion's Park: Chicken chicken

by eversure Written Sep 28, 2010

The bestsellers are of course chicken parts: specifically free range chickens (native chickens). Closer to barbecue/roasted - I can't really describe it in english since its a toss up between the two. All I can say is that it tastes GOOD!

The chickens are lean so one could probably polish off half a chicken, maybe even whole.

Favorite Dish: Chicken wings, chicken gizzards, chicken liver, chicken butt(?)

• lizaresandrea's Profile Photo

Aboy's Restaurant: You've gotta Eat At Aboy's

by lizaresandrea Written Sep 9, 2010

Probably the one place where locals bring visitors they want to impress, also where the well heeled love to eat. Aboy's has glass walls and an open area, high ceilings, antique hardwood tables and chairs, and owners who are present to make diners feel they are guests in their spacious dining room. There are choices of fresh fish, crabs, shrimp, oysters, and other seafood, also pork cuts to cook according to a customer's order. There's also a counter where you'll find Pinoy favorites - Paksiw, Pinangat, Bicol Express, Dinu-guan, Native Chicken Tinola, Sisig, Pinakbet, and others. Aboys also has chicken inasal but as a rule, this is something you'd want to eat somewhere else. When family from Manila come to Bacolod, Aboys is always part of their Bacolod itinerary.

Favorite Dish: I enjoy the Bicol express, the grilled manumbok steak (blue marlin), and the fresh lumpia which is filling enough to serve as lunch. The sago at gulaman drink is also a great favorite. You can ask for a drink that's all sago or all gulaman.

To see how the restaurant looks and what the food is like, check the website.

• shohman's Profile Photo

Jean's Place: local food cheap

by shohman Updated May 20, 2010

Jean's place is located in the food court t Mambukal Resort. Basic local rice dishes are served for about $1 US. Rice and eggs, rice and pork, rice and sausage.
    One word of warning, if you order anything with bacon have them cook it well done. The first time I ordered bacon eggs and rice, it came out raw.
    Sadly, this was also the sight of the worst coffee experiance of my life, see my warnings and dangers tip.

Favorite Dish: I had bacon eggs and rice and also had a pork chop with rice. both were tasty, but basic.

Chicken House

by limledi Updated May 15, 2010

Chicken House is my favorite restaurant in Bacolod City serving chicken inasal. For me it's the best among all restos serving such dishes. The chicken barbeque is very juicy & flavorful. The place is also well-kept & tidy. It is not cramped coz it has a large dining area. Ample parking space also available for those customers with vehicles. There are several branches of Chicken House in this city.

Favorite Dish: Yummy, juicy & flavorful chicken inasal

Chicken House Chicken House Chicken House

Pendy's

by limledi Updated May 15, 2010

Pendy's is one of the most popular restaurants in Bacolod City being one of the most recommended place to eat. It is an upmarket resto serving steaks. An order costs around P250. Real good coz people keep coming back despite the high price.

Favorite Dish: Delicious Korean Steak.

Pendy's Pendy's

Bob's Cafe

by limledi Updated May 15, 2010

After our meal in Pala Pala, we decided to try Bob's Cafe which is very near the 18th Street. We saw their ice cream display in their SM Branch a day before & everyone agreed to try it. The ice cream is okay. You can choose the sugar free flavors at additional cost. The cafe is a popular hangout during nightime serving coffee, pastries & other dishes.
    I was turn-off by the sight of a huge rat running at the side. I wonder if the place is clean considering they serve food.

Favorite Dish: Delicious ice cream.

Bob's Cafe Bob's Cafe

Pala Pala 18th St.

by limledi Updated May 15, 2010

Pala Pala 18th St. is a famous eatery in Bacolod City. It is famous for its fresh seafood. You can have your dish cook any way you like. Their specialty is sizzling. The cost of food is higher here compared to Mambucal's. A meal for 5 pax costs P1300. The place is clean & organize with a huge dining area. Really huge fresh fishes on display.

Favorite Dish: Sizzling tangigue coz it's juicy.

Pala Pala 18th St. Pala Pala 18th St. Pala Pala 18th St. Pala Pala 18th St. Pala Pala 18th St.

Mambucal Food Court

by limledi Updated May 15, 2010

Mambucal Food Court has multiple food stalls with fresh seafoods on display. You've got to choose & let them cook as you wish. Food price is okay. I find Pala Pala 18th street more costly. There are plenty of people coming to this place. They also serve halo-halo as dessert. I found here the biggest melon I've ever seen, even bigger than watermelon. I took a shot as souvenir. A meal good for 5 pax costs P1000.

Favorite Dish: Fresh seafood cooked to perfection.

Mambucal Food Court Mambucal Food Court
    • Mountain Climbing

Bacolod City Hotels

• O Hotel

52 San Sebastian Street, ex. Bacolod Executive Inn, Bacolod, 6100, Philippines

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Solo

• Circle Inn

I booked this hotel because of its ranking with Trip Advisor but got disappointed after getting to...

• Palmas del Mar

I was looking for someplace different to stay in Bacolod -- I have had my round of the hotels in the...

Top Bacolod City Hotels

Bacolod Hotels
94 Reviews - 302 Photos
Mansilingan Hotels
Tangub Hotels
Pahanocoy Hotels
Sum-ag Hotels

Instant Answers: Bacolod City

Comments

Bacolod City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bacolod City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bacolod City sightseeing.
Map of Bacolod City