Places to eat in Bacolod City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Bacolod City

Chicken Alley

by limledi Updated May 15, 2010

Chicken Alley in Goldenfield Commercial Complex serves chicken inasal, a known specialty dish in Bacolod City. My husband find this dish worth going back the 2nd time. I find the dish ok but a little dry for my taste. I always wanted my barbeque juicy. The service is also slow. I noticed though that this place is frequented by locals & is jampacked especially during weekends. It also serves other variety of dishes.

Favorite Dish: Chicken inasal coz it's their specialty.

Chicken Alley

Mang Inasal

by limledi Updated May 15, 2010

Mang Inasal has branches all over the Philippines. You can also find their branches practically anywhere in Bacolod as well as neighboring cities. It's specialty is the famous chicken inasal. An order of rice with chicken barbeque costs P80. Don't forget to try this delectable dish.

Favorite Dish: Chicken barbeque is so tasty.

Mang Inasal
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Architecture

El Ideal

by limledi Updated May 14, 2010

El Ideal is the oldest bakery in Silay City. It is famous for its guapple pie which is its trademark product. Also try their pineapple pie which is heavenly. It is located a block away from the public plaza & is housed in a National Heritage Site. This bakery has been handed down from generation to generation so some recipes were served years ago.

Favorite Dish: I love their pies. Taste heavenly.

El Ideal El Ideal El Ideal El Ideal El Ideal

• Great Wok of China: Simply Sumptuous!

by xtreme_88 Written Sep 3, 2008

Not just your typical Chinese restaurant! I stumbled upon this restaurant along with a couple of my friends on my 1st trip to Bacolod. At first we were hesitant to try coz we're not really fans of oriental food; but somehow our feet led us in. The food was amazingly superb. We tried the hot prawn chxn salad and the sweet n sour fish fillet and it was a blast. The chinese style beef tenderloin was our favorite, it had a very distinct aroma and taste, the meat was cooked in way that it was semi toasted on the outside and tender inside. Another good dish we had was the ox tongue w/ oyster sauce( in fact we had 2 orders) . For drinks we had the black and white gulaman w/ sago and fruit shakes. It was a great experience for us to dine in this restaurant. No wonder it's called Great Wok :)

• Great Wok of China: Simply Sumptuous!

by xtreme_88 Written Sep 3, 2008

• tidzy's Profile Photo

Cafe Uma: Satisfy your hunger pangs!

by tidzy Updated Jul 14, 2008

I have been meaning to try out this restaurant for quite some time and I finally got the chance when one of my girl friends asked me out for lunch to catch up.

Their location is not exactly the place you'd just stumble upon while driving, its hidden away in one of Lacson's side streets but the Gastons(who also own Trattoria Uma) have not disappointed me. Its definitely a treasure and a place I would be coming back for more.

At first look, their prices may seem expensive but the servings are huge and are good for two persons. The ambiance is quite good too and I love what they did with their lights. They also have chairs and tables outside for al fresco dining but only recommended during those gloomy, rainy days since its so hot outside. Service though could use a little improvement.

Favorite Dish: My friend and I ordered their mixed grilled platter which consisted of a cervelat sausage, a chicken breast, pork loin, waldorf salad, mixed greens and roesti potatoes. We also ordered their rice pilaf and a pitcher of iced tea. To be honest, I didn't touch the leafy greens because I'm not really a salad person especially without the dressing(and this had no dressing :( ). The sausage, chicken and pork were all grilled to perfection and the potatoes were absolutely divine. I couldn't finish my meal because of the huge proportions given the fact that my friend was late in picking me up and my stomach was growling.

All in all a very satisfying meal.

I would also recommend their pasta and the Chicken and Vegetable Quesadillas

Chicken and Vegetable Quesadillas one of their pasta with pesto cream and salmon

• tidzy's Profile Photo

Chantilly Cakes and Pastries: Make your own little nook here!

by tidzy Written May 9, 2008

This little restaurant originated in Dumaguete, Negros Oriental. They serve not only cakes, pastries and bread, but also delicious sandwiches, meals and shakes. The Bacolod branch is a Wifi Zone and is also perfect for those cozy gatherings with friends and family. The food is relatively cheap too!

Favorite Dish: I loved their Chantilly Original sandwich. Its a whole meal in a sandwich, and its cheap too!

Mu Shu: Asian Restaurant

by tidzy Written May 2, 2008

The restaurant is not really a place you would pass by because its located in one of the side streets of Lacson, but my friends and I decided to try it out. I love the ambiance, the lighting is not too bright and not too dim. They also have a smoking area for smokers outside. Service is okay, but not remarkable. Their food is a bit expensive compared to other restaurants but they have big servings when it comes to beef and chicken that can cover at least 2-3 people if you're sharing.

Favorite Dish: Tried the beef kebabs and they were just fine, but their Hainanese chicken was delicious, with our without the three sauces. But what I loved best was one of the desserts which could also go well with creamy/chocolate-flavored cocktails. It's called Banana and chocolate spring rolls and they had vanilla ice cream for dipping. Absolutely delightful! A must-try!

Banana Chocolate Spring Rolls(photo taken by TG)

• Ting-ting's NAtive Foods: The Best Native Foods in Town

by rendell324 Written Jan 30, 2008

The food is great, it's like eating at home less the hassle. The foods were cooked to suit the Filipinos' and the Bacoleños' taste buds. This place is ideal for groups. Foods here are relatively cheap and their servings are big. I especially love their Pochero de Cebu (beef with bone marrow with corn bamboo shoots and string beans). You must also try their fried chicken, their Sinalab (chicken bbq, oysters, fish, squid, shrimp, eggplant etc. served in a native container), their kare-kare (it has a very rich sauce) and their lengua (tender, buttery, creamy and it tastes like heaven). Their noodle dishes are also great (it has lots of "sahog").

When I treated my friends for lunch during my birthday (there were 10 of us), I've only spent Php 1800.00. We were all satisifed.

The waiters are friendly and very accomodating.

The place is fine, though it's not airconditioned, the place is airy (fresh air).

Majj Bistro: The Classy and Elegant

by tidzy Written Jan 6, 2008

When I first stepped into Majj Bistro, I immediately felt relaxed. The restaurant has warm lighting, perfect for small groups and intimate gatherings. The food is good, although most dishes were a bit too tomato-ey for me. What I love best about this restaurant is their service. The waiter we had was very efficient and informative, they definitely trained their staff well.

Favorite Dish: I won't say much about the salads and main dish because I'm not really a salad person. I'll go straight to the desserts. We ordered 3 desserts, Dutch chocolate mousse with Grand Marnier, Panna Cota with burnt orange caramel sauce and frozen grapes and the Malibu Ice Cream. All three were drool-worthy and absolutely delectable.

Panna Cota with burnt orange caramel sauce

• tidzy's Profile Photo

Kuppa: Care for a Kuppa Coffee?

by tidzy Updated Jan 3, 2008

Kuppa is a cozy restaurant located along Hilado street and is a great place to hang out especially with friends. The food is awesome, the coffee is great, the desserts are impeccable and the tea is simply superb. The ambience is nice, you can sit back and relax. Sometimes though, when the restaurant is full, it gets a bit noisy.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish would have to be their pizza, forgive me for forgetting the name, but I will look into it as soon as possible. Their chocolate cake is like heaven especially ala mode upon request. One cut into the cake and steaming hot chocolate would ooze from the center mixing with the ice cream.

I also LOVE their pasta. Try their Arabiatta.

cappuccino arabiatta

Trattoria Uma: Little Italy in Bacolod

by tidzy Written Nov 4, 2007

I just absolutely love Italian food. When I discovered this new restaurant, my family and I decided to try it out during my mom's birthday. The place has a rustic feel about it, bare brick walls, wine bottles in cement. The floor and tables looked worn and I loved the fact that they used mismatched chairs. We decided to order different foods and I sampled them all from the salad to the 4 pastas, the ravioli, the risotto, the cappuccino-flavored gelato and the tiramisu.

I'm not really all about their service, it could have been better. The food was absolutely delicious! I wanted to try their pizza but I guess that would have to be for next time.

Favorite Dish: I just loved their Risotto Salciccia con Funghi..yummyyyy! The different mushrooms and the marsala wine make one absolutely delicious dish.

Finish it up with a serving of gelato ice cream or tiramisu :)

the bar at Trattoria Uma Ravioli con Palpo de Grancho

Louise Restaurant: From their home to your tummies

by tidzy Written Oct 25, 2007

This restaurant doesn't stand out on the outside, but once you're inside you'd be amazed. It's a small place and it gives you that cozy and intimate feel when you're eating there. The restaurant was designed to be like a house only with lots of tables. Staff are friendly. Also, from what I hear, the owners are the ones really handling the kitchen operations.

They have a variety of dishes to choose from, they serve not only local dishes but also international food. They even have Japanese and Thai.

Favorite Dish: Their fillet minon is delish, its juicy and cooked to perfection. Haven't tried other dishes though. Will do next time I come around.

took this on a Sunday..twas closed

• Mushu: Chinese food better than Chinese food in China!

by annabanana16 Updated Oct 16, 2007

Introducing Mushu. No, I don't mean the little red dragon as seen in Mulan. I mean the restaurant!

The food here is a very tasty mix of recipes from places all over Asia! I classified it under Chinese/ Dim Sum, but there are dishes served from other places like the Indonesian beans, Malaysian Hainanese Chicken, and more!

It's the Bacolod socialite's happening new hot spot for a nice bite to eat, and a drink. Mushu's also got that Oriental vibe happenin', with it's bold red colors definitely making a statement. Feng Shui was never this fashionable.

Favorite Dish: I have two favorite dishes in Mushu.

One is the Hong Kong noodles. It's this mix of all good things Chinese like wanton, beef cubes, the yellow noodles, and the whole this-is-making-me-feel-better-and-warm-and-fuzzy feel that comes with good Chinese soup.

The next is the Hainanese chicken, which I ate almost everyday in Malaysia. I was so thrilled when Mushu opened and I saw it in the menu. Heinanese chicken is yummy, light, and best of all: NOT FATTENING!

Mama Maria's Pizzaria: Home of the GIANT Pizza

by tidzy Written Sep 23, 2007

They have different outlets all around Bacolod, but their main branch is located along Lacson Street. Well, obviously, their food is PIZZA. You have a wide variety of flavors to choose from at reasonable prices(relatively cheap). I wouldn't say much about the ambiance though. They should have an air-conditioned section.

Place is ideal for huge groups. And I mean HUGE. Their 30-inch pizza is good for at least 10 people.

Favorite Dish: PIZZA! What else? haha

we ordered this one for take out

Bacolod City Hotels

• O Hotel

52 San Sebastian Street, ex. Bacolod Executive Inn, Bacolod, 6100, Philippines

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Solo

• Circle Inn

I booked this hotel because of its ranking with Trip Advisor but got disappointed after getting to...

• Palmas del Mar

I was looking for someplace different to stay in Bacolod -- I have had my round of the hotels in the...

Top Bacolod City Hotels

Bacolod Hotels
94 Reviews - 302 Photos
Mansilingan Hotels
Tangub Hotels
Pahanocoy Hotels
Sum-ag Hotels

Instant Answers: Bacolod City

Comments

Bacolod City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bacolod City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bacolod City sightseeing.
Map of Bacolod City