Places to eat in Bacolod City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Bacolod City

• tidzy's Profile Photo

Louise Restaurant: From their home to your tummies

by tidzy Written Oct 25, 2007

This restaurant doesn't stand out on the outside, but once you're inside you'd be amazed. It's a small place and it gives you that cozy and intimate feel when you're eating there. The restaurant was designed to be like a house only with lots of tables. Staff are friendly. Also, from what I hear, the owners are the ones really handling the kitchen operations.

They have a variety of dishes to choose from, they serve not only local dishes but also international food. They even have Japanese and Thai.

Favorite Dish: Their fillet minon is delish, its juicy and cooked to perfection. Haven't tried other dishes though. Will do next time I come around.

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Sorrento Place: Krua Thai: Good Food, Nice Interiors

by yellowbell Updated May 9, 2007

For that quiet dinner, head out to Krua Thai at the G/F of Sorrento Place along Lacson St. I think we were the only ones there on that Saturday night.

As with most Thai restos, it has that fuschia and violet color motif and those dolls in that familiar "Sawasdee ka/krup" (hands clasped together as if in prayer pose).

Favorite Dish: Chicken pandan
    Spicy beef

• tricia0119's Profile Photo

Bob's: Food & coffee hangout for families & friends

by tricia0119 Updated Dec 12, 2006

This is one place that shouldn't be missed.

They've expanded to a specialty coffee shop known as Cafe Bob's (in Lacson Street) which is just as good as those commercial coffee shops in the metro.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are Sate Babi with java rice (pork bbq with peanut butter sauce), frozen tea, chorizo sandwich (my favorite during my high school days), sans rival, black sambo, oatmeal and choco chip cookies.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• emmyjanelle's Profile Photo

imay's: great filipino food

by emmyjanelle Written Jul 7, 2006

an open air restaurant. caters to everyone whether you're a party of 2 or 12. wooden tables. native decor. good food. really cheap prices. one time, the bill was less than Php 2,000 for 12 people. and we couldn't even finish the food. they specialize in seafood i think but cook other things well also.

Favorite Dish: fried kangkong with dip. i thought it was an original dish and it tastes good!

• emmyjanelle's Profile Photo

chicken deli: best grilled chicken in bacolod

by emmyjanelle Written Jul 7, 2006

restaurant in front of the city's park. always full of people. famous for its grilled chicken and garlic rice. there are conveniently placed sinks so you can wash your hands. eating the chicken and rice with your hands is perfectly ok here although it might get messy.

i remember this place from years ago. i think it's still standing. i have fond memories of it when our family used to go there. i think the prices are still pretty reasonable. they also have airconditioned rooms if you prefer.

Favorite Dish: chicken inasal and garlic rice.

• it has no name: try their blue marlin absolutely cheap and great

by Kyle_Varela Written Sep 13, 2005

this restaurant tucked behind a hidden driveway in lizares avenue made famous word of mouth because as the owner says " let the food speak for itself"..... although unknown at first this place has great food , no matter what you order.. and a laid back atmosphere.. that is so casual but chic...

hint... since this place is hidden ... look for the sign concorde in lizares avenue near the gaisano city mall

Favorite Dish: blue marlin... it's just good

Aboy's Restaurant: Dont miss the Grilled Blue Marlin

by arni_ph075 Updated Nov 17, 2005

The restaurant theme is very native, al fresco style.

Service is fast and waiters are very friendly .

Reasonably priced, as you pay by the kilo of seafoods or pcs of barbeque.

What I like about it best is that, you can choose from the fresh seafoods that you want them to cook, then just advise them why style of cooking you wish. All seafoods are placed on an enclosed glass, like a deli shop, that you just point what you like.

Thus all the food they prepare are all fresh and cooked only after you order. No pre-cooked dishes..

Favorite Dish: I love the Grilled Blue Marlin, very fresh, juicy and grilled to perfection.

Grilled squid is also great.

Also try the chicken inasal, its tasty too..

Aida's Chicken BBQ @ Manokan Country: Best Inasal in Town

by arni_ph075 Updated Nov 17, 2005

Manokan country is not a complex of glamorous restaurants, instead a strip of carinderia's in the Reclamation Area, all serving chicken inasal only.

No dress code necessary.

There are no spoon, fork or knife being offered, but there is a running water with soap that you can wash your hand before eating the inasal. You eat using your hands :-)

This place offers only chicken inasal (skewered chicken) , legs,breast, gizzard, livers..wings, all barbeque style.. All are really delicious.

Fresh oysters are also available, its being sold per kilo, but if you wish to buy one sack, you can get a discount. .

Favorite Dish:
    Chicken Barbeque for less than 50 pesos.

The best Chicken Inasal I ever tasted, its grilled to perfection, chicken is really juicy and tasty.

Vienna Kaffe Haus: Best Carbonara in Town

by arni_ph075 Updated Nov 18, 2005

The coffee shop got a cozy atmosphere with dim light even on late afternoon. Great place to hang out after shopping at Negros Showroom (few blocks away) or simply to chat with friends, as the pipe in music is being soothing for long talks.

Menu offers various international dishes, and different coffee mixes.. It is really a breakfast place but there are a lot of side orders any time of the day.

The pastries tastes so good as well.

Food is great, though relatively expensive compared to others.

Favorite Dish: I love the carbonara, its the best pasta dish that Ive ever tasted.. I think its the sauce that makes it very tasty, a lot of bacons :-). A heavy meal but so delicious.

The cold coffee mix are really good, with lots of chocolates toppings

• Bacolod Chicken House: Best Restaurant in Bacolod

by ataruc Written Dec 24, 2004

This is where anyone who has ever lived/been/ or even heard of Bacolod should go.

Favorite Dish: The chicken of course. You have a choice of paa (leg) or pecho (breast) The spareribs are really good too. ANd lest we forget...GARLIC RICE!

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Chicken House North: The Best Chicken Inasal!

by cyndymc Written Oct 25, 2010

My cousin, her hubby (a Bacolod resident) and 3 best friends brought hubby and I to Chicken House North. They said while in Bacolod, we should try the authentic Bacolod chicken "INASAL" (INASAL is Ilonggo word for “grilled”). So on our first day in Bacolod City, we were treated to the tastiest chicken inasal we've ever tasted.

Chicken House is one of the most patronized restaurants in Bacolod. Their menu includes various parts of the chicken skewed in barbecue stick. Even Bacolod residents go there to dine and hangout, and they always bring their foreign and local guests to sample their cuisine.

The Chicken House North where we first ate was spacious and clean. Service was fast; crew were alert to customers' needs. The staff were all nice; 'twas really service with a smile. They didn't mind us overstaying in the restaurant. (Bacolod House closes by 2PM to reopen again by 4PM (if I remember right, they are open 10AM-2PM, and 4PM-11PM).

Hubby and I just had to have chicken inasal again! We tried the Lacson Branch nearer our hotel one night. The quality of food is the same as Chicken House North. We were lucky to get seats. In just a few minutes after our arrival, so many people were on the waiting area.

Favorite Dish: I loved their "Paa" (chicken leg BBQ), atay (chicken liver), "isol" (chicken tail), prk BBQ and spareribs. Sooo YUMMY! Tender, tasty and juicy!

I didn't taste their baticulon" (chicken gizzard), "pakpak" (chicken wings) and chicken skin, but you can try it.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Aboy's: Inexpensive Great-tasting Food!

by cyndymc Updated Oct 25, 2010

Aboy's is one of the Top 5 Restaurants in Bacolod. It is another restaurant you shouldn't miss when in Bacolod. From its humble beginnings as a small eatery near Burgos Public Market in February 1992, Aboy's had expanded the restaurant to accommodate their growing clientele. They moved to a much bigger, better location near the Goldenfield Commercial Complex. People were willing to line up to have their tables for lunch. More staff were then hired to serve more people, but Aboy himself was serving the guests. He was and still is a hands-on owner-manager. It is a delight to see him in action. The first time we went there with my cousin, her hubby and son, Aboy was not there. But the second time hubby and I dined there, I witnessed how he handled the guests. He did the welcoming of guests, ushered them to their tables, and even cleared some tables.

There are cooked meals that you can choose from, but there is also a counter for fresh seafood that you can order to be grilled for you. Dining at Aboy's is a pleasurable experience. Not only is their food great, their native-inspired interior design is impressive, made more interesting with the collection of masks on the walls.

Free tarragon tea was given to us after meal, but my cousin whispered something to the waiter, and he later served us the famous "Kape ni Aboy". I learned later that you have to say the "magic words" to the waiter to be served "Kape ni Aboy". I am not an avid coffee drinker, but after tasting "Kape ni Aboy", I craved for brewed coffee...however, the other brewed coffee tasted bland compared to "Kape ni Aboy".

Aboy's used to close after lunch time; they later opened for dinner, but they remain closed on Sundays. Operating Hours: 9AM to 11PM, Monday to Saturday

Favorite Dish: When we dined with my cousin, her hubby and son, we had so much food: Calderetang Kambing, Paksiw na Lechon, Pangat, Grilled Squid, Bacolod Longanisa, and my favorites: Grilled blue marlin, grilled/baked scallops, "kinilaw na dorado". On our 2nd visit, we just had to satisfy our craving for more scallops, blue marlin and kinilaw. We also tried the rare Angel's Wings (sometimes referred to as angel clams) but I didn't like the sandy texture and taste very much.

Bacolod City Hotels

Mansilingan Hotels
Sum-ag Hotels
Pahanocoy Hotels

Instant Answers: Bacolod City

Comments

Bacolod City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bacolod City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bacolod City sightseeing.
Map of Bacolod City