Tourist Attractions in Bacolod City

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Bacolod City

• buenababe's Profile Photo

Taxi Fare Overpricing

by buenababe Written Sep 13, 2011

There are some taxi's who doesn't have meter on the fare rate. Some drivers tend to overprice the passenger especially if they know he/she is new to the place.

Unique Suggestions: When you get a taxi, make sure to ask if they have the meter beforehand. If not, then ask a local first on the estimate cost of taxi fare to the place where you're going.

Fun Alternatives: In Bacolod, there are plenty of jeepneys. So if you're not in a hurry, don't have lots of things with you and comfortable in taking one, then it's the better and cheaper solution than taking a taxi.

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Sly Taxi Drivers

by cyndymc Updated Oct 28, 2010

The Front Desk doesn't always refer to you car rental services with reasonable pricing. We found this out when we asked for their contacts. When we called, we compared their prices with the estimated meter-down taxi fare (which we had already researched on a day before), added some amount for the waiting time, and realized their cost wasn't a good deal. Our recourse was to negotiate with the taxi driver of a cab waiting infront of the hotel. He quoted P400 roundtrip including waiting time. We thought it was reasonable, since we were told one way from our hotel to The Ruins would be about P150. Two-way would then be P300. The additional P100 for waiting time seemed reasonable. We made a deal with the driver and told him to wait as we got our bags and camera from our room. When we got down, the driver with whom we made a deal was gone. The security guard saide he had to leave because he was called by his office to remind him of his taxi's oil change. In his place, he asked a fellow driver to bring us to Talisay and back to Bacolod. I was flabbergasted because the cab was old, the seats were kinda sagging and the aircon wasn't very cool. The driver reasoned he had just turned on the aircon so it wasn't cool enough yet.

Unique Suggestions: That day we had to go to Talisay asap because I was meeting the VT peeps. I was about to argue and insist on a newer cab, but my hubby gave me the look that seemed to say "we have no more time to argue"... and so, though reluctantly, I entered the cab. I thought the aircon wasn't cool enough because I was "fuming" with disappointment. On our return trip to Bacolod, the aircon wasn't really working well and we "suffered in silence". I swore, if the situation happened again, I wouldn't get a substitute cab that is not as new, cool and efficient as the originally agreed upon vehicle.

Fun Alternatives: Don't take a ride in a vehicle that you aren't happy with in the first place. No matter how kind or pitiful the driver may look, think of your own concerns and comfort.

• Bakery with double pricing

by superlakwatsera Written Dec 27, 2009

Be careful when you buy items at El Ideal Bakery in Bacolod. Staff there tell you a price for an item but the cashier punch in a much higher price. The Ugoy-ugoy we bought from the bakery, although has not yet expired, already has a rancid taste.

• eversure's Profile Photo

taxi tips

by eversure Updated Mar 21, 2008

My previous tip is no longer valid since Bacolod has a new airport.

There is a shuttle at P100 per person that will take you to the city center; SM mall specifically. Its a 30 minute trip. Once in the city center, transportation is aplenty.

Taxis will sometimes quote 400. They will settle for 300 or if you're generous, P350.

• Business Travel

Mansilingan Hotels
Sum-ag Hotels
Pahanocoy Hotels

Instant Answers: Bacolod City

Comments

Bacolod City Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Bacolod City tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bacolod City sightseeing.
Map of Bacolod City