Baguio Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Baguio

Mario's Baguio: Great steaks and ambiance

by nixca316 Updated Mar 12, 2013

Angel, our server, was very helpful, efficient, and courteous. He took note of our orders well and answered to our every need.

The rest of the staff were very cordial and helpful too.

We love Mario's Baguio, so we were disappointed when we could not find it at its old location. I think we have been looking for it during our last visits and thank goodness that we stayed at Microtel that we were able to find it. Shucks. There's google, I know, but somehow we thought it just closed.

We recently learned that the old branch was burnt to a crisp so instead of sulking and thinking of their misery, they built this free standing restaurant at the Upper Session Road and I must say that I like it better.

I love the feel of the place. It's classy, but not overwhelming. Simple folk might want to visit it once in a blue moon, but they would be treated well(maybe if they won't go there all greased and all...just my opinion).

Favorite Dish: Check their website and I can assure you that they are not lying. Mario's guarantees great taste and presentation as well as excellent service.

Try their soups, salads, entrees, desserts and you will not be disappointed. They can expertly suggest good wines to pair with your meals and they have good coffee too.

Mom says their seafood is not up to par, but hey, this branch is up the mountain so...

Mario's Restaurant Baguio City

Maridol Duran(contact person)
    Grace Galvan (contact person)
    mariosbaguio@marios.com.ph

Upper Session Road
    Baguio City Philippines

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Cafe by the Ruins: Good food, coffee, and history for everyone

by nixca316 Written Jun 15, 2012

The food may be International or Ecclectic, but the ingredients they use are from Baguio and from the nearby provinces of the region, so I categorized this as a LOCAL restaurant or cafe.
    From their Facebook page: "Just so everyone knows we're called Café by the Ruins because the Café was built by the ruins of the gazeeboo of the 1st American-Governor of Benguet AND the Café is built AROUND the ruined walls of the house of Phelps Whitmarsh, the late American Governor of Benguet... The walls were ruined during the 2nd World War. The bullet and bomb marks are still scarred on those walls. Walk in to the Café and look around. You'll see it."%s

As the above states, the place is full of history and we should learn from our past. It is nice to bring your kids here too because they would enjoy looking around the place and they will learn a lot of things without knowing it. ;D

The food is great and they have every right to boast of their coffee and their desserts.

Oooh. The aroma of freshly baked bread and pastries fill the place and that is why people love to linger for a little while longer, even if the kitchen is already closed.

Favorite Dish: The desserts are divine and so are the bread.

I love the coffee infusions and the herbal teas.

The price range listed on the menu are from 45 to 300 Philippine Pesos.

The entrees are very, very mouthwatering.

Just go there to taste and see for yourself.

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Camp John Hay's The House of Waffles: A Breakfast Place...

by nixca316 Updated Jun 14, 2012

I'm a big Pancake House and an IHOP fan so I had big expectations. I was very, very excited to eat there.

The place is cozy, but I've tasted better pancakes and waffles. Yet, even so, they are not bad. They are still very edible, somewhat tasty, and their house specialties, well, I think are quite OK.

No wow moment for me, but there's nothing for me to hate.

I think they have "moods" there.

Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't.

If I don't like a place, I say nothing or just write them in private. If I did write some negative stuff BEFORE about certain places, I stopped doing so. I do not want, but sometimes I can't help it, to do to others what I don't want others to do to me. The mere fact that I am still writing about this means they are still worth a second chance.

I didn't get a good picture of their waffles, but I did get a picture of their pancakes. I may not be a great photographer, but I must say the presentation is unappealing to me. Sorry, the waffle looked much better, but was consumed almost at once by a very hungry man.

The people are nice, but a little bit distracted, I guess. They are courteous, but sometimes they forget who arrived or ordered first. Ergo, the food was devoured in seconds by my three companions.

It was a good day. I had a good walk around near the Lodge then met up with my dad et al. We had a good time conversing and had our tummies filled, energized for the day ahead so I did not get mad at them or anything. After all, our orders still arrived. =p

I think they are good "starters", but please, oh please, if you're tired and want comfort food, go someplace else.

Favorite Dish: None, but I like the "place".

The Manor's LE CHEF 3: Good food, service, and ambiance

by nixca316 Written Jun 14, 2012

Yes, I have been here, there, and everywhere...well, almost...and I can say that this is one of the most beautiful places where you can dine al fresco or indoors.

It is a place where one can "pop the question" or go on a romantic date. It's also a good place to dine with your family, most especially if you are staying in the hotel. Yes, you might want to be served in bed, but when the weather is wonderful, come and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of Le Chef.

Most of the food choices are on the pricey side, but there are some that are not so steep. If you want to splurge once in a while, you might want to order those that are uniquely theirs and not those you can order at another nearby restaurant or diner.

Wait...you can still the things the nearby restaurants offer. No one's stopping you. They plate them differently and of course, they, in their own way, level them up.

Favorite Dish: The cakes and desserts are to die for!

Their appetizers and entrees are competitive and if you love wine, they can "suggest" a good one to complement your meal.

• Luxury Travel

Te Quiero Tapas Bar and Restaurant: Microtel's very own

by nixca316 Written Jun 14, 2012

If you're a guest at Microtel you and your companion will be treated to a breakfast buffet(different choices every morning) at their very own Te Quiero Tapas Bar and Restaurant, but you can also order à la carte. Their main theme is Spanish, so almost everything in their menu is authentic Spanish Cuisine. Yes, there are fusions too.

They may not be the best, but their taste is very, very competitive. Their plating is not bad too and the servers are very, very amiable and courteous.

I don't know if they have a Sommelier, but they have lots of wines to choose from to pair with your meals.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the breakfast buffets and their tapas. :D

• ybangyadan's Profile Photo

Good Taste restaurant: generous servings!

by ybangyadan Written May 26, 2011

Definitely not a fancy restaurant but I assure you that you will enjoy the food especially if you alone will take care of the bill afterwards! Located at the back of Center Mall and in front of Dangwa station. This is open 24 hours/7 days a week. Everytime i come to town and my family will ask me to treat them to a restaurant, i bring them here. That way, i will not worry about spending a lot of bucks.( We order one rice toppings each-75 each, 1 or 2 family size viand-130-150...and extra servings of rice for them!!!)
    At least you can enjoy the food without worrying about your bill.

Favorite Dish: They serve a variety of chinese foods. I suggest you try the garlic buttered chicken and iced tea for your drinks.

• bike_packer's Profile Photo

Restaurants at SM Baguio: Dinner Overlooking Baguio

by bike_packer Updated Apr 4, 2011

View : Baguio at night

The restaurants/coffee shops at the back side of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor of SM Baguio have a great view of Baguio city center. There's a wide semi-covered balcony on each floor beside the restaurants where outdoor tables are set gives diners an amazing overlooking view of Baguio. This is more appreciated come night time when Baguio is lighted. With more than a dozen of prime restaurants to choose from, this is the most convenient and affordable place when with a big group.

This is my family's favorite dinner place when in Baguio.

Favorite Dish: Among the restaurants here are : Tia Maria's (mexican). Gerry's Grill (local). Don Henricos (Italian pasta and pizza). Kitaro (japanese). Mxt (chinese). Mini shabu-shabu. Starbucks (coffee shop). plus the ever reliable McDo, Jollibee, Chowking, KFC.

• Bruno's Cafe and Restaurant: A fine place to eat out for fresh gourmet food

by hans51 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bruno' Cafe and Restaurant entrance from Session R

I know Bruno's Cafe since about 2001 and have been there for 100+ times to enjoy his fine and fresh deli food. A wide variety of desserts, fresh Baguio salads with house made dressing, gourmet snacks and fine dinner or daily specials year round make it a gourmet pleasure to eat out at this place.

Bruno renewed his entire Cafe/Restaurant and made it larger and more beautiful all over.
    large TV screens with music or news. friendly waitresses and most of the time Bruno is presnet - in the kitchen or with guests - ready to tell one of his many funny jokes.

Offers many fine Swiss deli specialties, fine Swiss Chocolates, tasty brewed coffee and home made cakes or apple pie and during winter season fresh strawberries.

In 5 years of working and travelling the Philippiens - Bruno's Cafe is one of the very few gourmet restaurants in the Philippines I love so much that I sometimes travel just for his fine food for a few days to Baguio City. - like these Christmas days.

early Baguio city visitors may know Bruno's Cafe and Restaurant under his previous name "Swiss Deli" at the same location.in Session Rd

Favorite Dish: Strawberries with cream - fresh delicious strawberries
    Fine liverwurst sandwich - rarely found at all in the Philippines
    Spaghetti with home made tomato sauce - really rich tomato sauce
    Home made apple pie with cream - Swiss style - the best in the Philippines so far. fresh apples just perfectly baked, neither too much - all taste alive
    Brewed coffee - Bruno makes his own blend of finest local Philippine coffee, mainly Baracho from Batangas and Arabica coffee beans.
    I also love his many daily specials or his specials he makes JUST fo ryou if you ask and he is of good mood - Bruno will cook something out of the menu just for you
    he did many times and it always was something very special.

• Business Travel

• jvsabas's Profile Photo

Cafe By The Ruins: Decent food, seems to attract foreigners.

by jvsabas Updated Apr 4, 2011

from http://www.biyahero.net/cafebytheruins.html

The food was pretty good. Baked goods are tasty, but definitely Filipino: very thin crusts, soft and airy breads. If you're looking for thick, crusty, hearty, chewy baguettes, batards, etc. you'll never find it in the Philippines.

The Filipino decor is nice. Semi open with interesting masks hanging from the ceiling. Service was relatively quick, a plus if you ever ever eaten at any Philippine restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Mami, a Filipino noodle soup, usually eaten for mirienda or afternoon snack. It had a good tasty broth.

The fruit bowl picture is from the www.biyahero.net.

• Emil Rose: Home-cooked and lovin it!

by csat Written May 8, 2010

I found out that Emil Rose's recipes have long been in their family. The ingredients used in the dishes are fresh (they won't hesitate to let you know if the market does not have fresh ingredients - as the diner's satisfaction is most important to the staff). I was happily surprised with the homey atmosphere... i simply love the pine wood wall paneling.

It had ample seating and was a great place to eat with family and friends.

Favorite Dish: Bulalo, Pancit Lomi, Crispy Pata... yummy!

• The Rose Bowl: Still serving quality Chinese food in Baguio!

by thescene Updated Jan 20, 2009

The Rose Bowl located in fromt of Burnham Park has been an icon of Baguio for many years. Me and my family would always find the time to eat here everytime we would make the six hour trip to the city of pines. After which we would go to Burnham Park or Camp John Hay to continue our adventure.

On this trip to Baguio, the Rose Bowl was our first stop for a late lunch. Getting a parking spot was quite difficult so be ready for that. Arriving there at around 2 PM I expected the place to be at worst half filled. Much to my surprise it was full and it took a few minutes for us to get a table such is the popularity of this place. I was able to eat some corn soup, fried rice, fried chicken, pansit, squid. As expected the food was excellent and delicious. The food was hot and seemed newly prepared. The pricing of the food was reasonable considering that servings were quite large. Overall it was a pleasant experience and remains to be one of Baguio's best restaurants.

• f8stop's Profile Photo

Good Taste Restaurant: Perfect for Backpackers and Budget Travelers!

by f8stop Written Dec 10, 2008

having a cup of hot choco... (photo by adam)

You can get a complete breakfast meal (e.g. rice with egg, longganisa and corned beef served with a cup of hot choco) for just a little over a dollar! (about 70 pesos)

Favorite Dish: The hot chocolate was nothing special and the corned beef, I barely touched. But I did like their skinless longganisa (this is like a sausage made from ground pork, comparable to chorizo) and I heard that their buttered chicken is good (although I haven't tasted it myself)

Pizza Volante: An Italian Restaurant in Baguio City

by f8stop Written Dec 10, 2008

in volante's 2nd floor dining area...

This resto is open 24/7 and is very accessible. It is located along Baguio's famous and bustling street: "Session Road".

Favorite Dish: They have a nice selection of pizza and pasta (although I think the servings are rather small for someone with a big appetite like me :D )

• f8stop's Profile Photo

Cafe by the Ruins: More than just freshly-baked pastries!

a waiter speeding by...

Favorite Dish: I had the shredded tapa (beef) with rice for breakfast. The tapa was very tasty. I consumed only half of it with my 1 serving of rice. We took the remaining tapa with us and ate it on the bus on the way back to Manila. This was already several hours after we left the cafe and the tapa was still as crunchy and as flavorful as when it was first served to us in the restaurant -- yummy!!

• Architecture

Oh My Gulay (VOCAS): A work of art

by f8stop Updated Dec 10, 2008
    I love the wooden furniture.

The entire place is a feast for the eyes. I love the creative use of light and space.

The owner Kidlat Tahimik (director/writer/artist) describes it as an art gallery which serves vegetarian food.

Favorite Dish: I didn't like my cream-based pasta very much but the rest of the dishes we ordered were good. You can't go wrong if you choose from their selection of fresh, green salads.

Try their mango-puree / tea, a sweet and refreshing drink made from fresh mangoes!

Instant Answers: Baguio

Comments

Baguio Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Baguio restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baguio sightseeing.