Baguio Restaurants

• Onion rings, Bolognese, and Cheesy Potato Fries
    Onion rings, Bolognese, and Cheesy...
    The devouring team
    Nice logo

Most Recent Restaurants in Baguio

• f8stop's Profile Photo

Good Taste Restaurant: Perfect for Backpackers and Budget Travelers!

by f8stop Written Dec 10, 2008

You can get a complete breakfast meal (e.g. rice with egg, longganisa and corned beef served with a cup of hot choco) for just a little over a dollar! (about 70 pesos)

Favorite Dish: The hot chocolate was nothing special and the corned beef, I barely touched. But I did like their skinless longganisa (this is like a sausage made from ground pork, comparable to chorizo) and I heard that their buttered chicken is good (although I haven't tasted it myself)

having a cup of hot choco... (photo by adam)

Pizza Volante: An Italian Restaurant in Baguio City

by f8stop Written Dec 10, 2008

This resto is open 24/7 and is very accessible. It is located along Baguio's famous and bustling street: "Session Road".

Favorite Dish: They have a nice selection of pizza and pasta (although I think the servings are rather small for someone with a big appetite like me :D )

in volante's 2nd floor dining area...

• f8stop's Profile Photo

Cafe by the Ruins: More than just freshly-baked pastries!

by f8stop Written Dec 10, 2008

Favorite Dish: I had the shredded tapa (beef) with rice for breakfast. The tapa was very tasty. I consumed only half of it with my 1 serving of rice. We took the remaining tapa with us and ate it on the bus on the way back to Manila. This was already several hours after we left the cafe and the tapa was still as crunchy and as flavorful as when it was first served to us in the restaurant -- yummy!!

a waiter speeding by... the cafe's signage as seen from the street some of the freshly-baked pastries... just beside the main door to the cafe artworks, plants & flowers add charm to the cafe
    • Architecture

Oh My Gulay (VOCAS): A work of art

by f8stop Updated Dec 10, 2008

The entire place is a feast for the eyes. I love the creative use of light and space.

The owner Kidlat Tahimik (director/writer/artist) describes it as an art gallery which serves vegetarian food.

Favorite Dish: I didn't like my cream-based pasta very much but the rest of the dishes we ordered were good. You can't go wrong if you choose from their selection of fresh, green salads.

Try their mango-puree / tea, a sweet and refreshing drink made from fresh mangoes!

I love the wooden furniture. VOCAS' vast interior...

• Stationz Cafe: Amazing food, great atmosphere, cool people

by jothan Written Apr 18, 2008

Stationz Cafe is a newly opened restaurant/cafe next to Gate 4 SLU. It only opened one week ago but it is already packed to capacity. People are scrambling for an oppurtunity to eat at this one of a kind Cafe. The menu is geared towards students, so the prices are dirt cheap! Meals start at just 35 pesos, while freshsly brewed coffee starts at only 15 pesos! The food is amazing! Nothing is frozen or pre cooked, everything is made fresh as you order. The cooks use no MSG or extenders, the food is made with natural herbs and spices. The food is healthy and increadably delicious. The atmosphere is amazing! The atmosphere is similar to Starbucks or Mocha Blends, but the food is a mere fraction of the cost. The kitchen and dinning area are spotless. Everything is Sanitized and very clean! The staff are friendly and courteous. The owner is generous, and always goes out of her way to make customers happy. Overall, Stationz Cafe is an amazing experience! I personally will eat there every day!

Favorite Dish: I have two favourites actually. The first is an invention of the owner called "potpot". It is essentially a small round doughnut, with cheese in the middle, baked fresh as you order. It is mouth watering and extremely addictive.
    My second favourite is there Soamai. One Soamai costs six pesos (at least two pesos cheaper than everyone else) and is bigger than your average Soamai. The Soamai is made fresh daily and is a favourite of most customers.

• Beye's Profile Photo

Crappy Service: KaffeKlatsch

by Beye Written Apr 15, 2008

A friend and I wanted to have coffee in a quiet place in Baguio. So, I suggested we go COFFEEKLUTZ! Huge mistake!!! We went there on a Friday night at around 730pm. No one was there at the place yet, but the lady server was escorting to this place where we dont want to be seated. She's saying that they have to seat people appropriately because they usually have a crowd on Fridays.

It was 730, the band will start at 8 or something, NO ONE was in the area. and we were being forced to sit in a remote place. We asked to be moved but they would not allow us. They didnt even bother asking how long we were planning to stay (we had NO plans of staying long, just there for coffee supposedly).

Crappy customer service. Even the owner wasn't too accommodating either. It was really lousy and irritating!

Favorite Dish: With that kind of service, I don't see them lasting long. Sayang.

• ProudMarikenya's Profile Photo

Poor Service, impolite staff: A not so Blissful Dinner At Bliss Cafe

by ProudMarikenya Written Feb 19, 2008

A not so blissful dinner at Bliss Cafe

I read good reviews about this veggie restaurant in lifestyle magazines and newspaper in Manila so made this resto part of our Baguio culinary adventure. The food was not worth the long wait. I wonder why our order took sooo long to serve when we were the only customers then. We ordered by plate meals and we had to follow up like 3-4x before they serve the first plate, and each order came to our table one at a time, like 20 minutes after the other. While others were eating already, some were still waiting. The Biancci and Miguel were crying because their veggie sisig was too spicy, I was looking for the server to ask for water but she was nowhere to be found, I even have to go to the kitchen to ask for water. I got so pissed to find out that the staff was all in the kitchen just playing around. The staff was not even pleasant nor apologetic for the long wait. When we asked for the bill, I questioned the server why the O.R. was under a different name, she couldn’t give me an answer. I asked her to replaced it (just to make her life a little difficult). When she came back to me, she said “ hindi daw do pwede sabi ng kasama ko” but I insisted. Then one of the staff in the kitchen came to me angry and said “ Hindi pwede kasi magbabayad kami sa BIR!” WHATTTT!!!! %8&#@*%!!!!!!!!! I felt like my blood pressure gone up, and my hidden waray waray nature came out (no need to detail every thing) Then the other kitchen staff came rushing with the new O.R. and apologizing for everything.

The place is supposed to be good in ambiance, but surely I will not recommend this resto and even warn people not to go to here.

• shopniryan's Profile Photo

Zola: Zola, the best food ever

by shopniryan Written Jan 2, 2008

I've been to Baguio several times but the recent trip I had, it was superb. Had lots of time to shop, stroll and eat. Oh yes! eat!! Discovered Zola at Session Road, they served the best tasting sizzling, pasta and salad at a very affordable rate. We stayed there for two days but we are always present at Zola from breakfast till dinner. Our bill was only a little over P300.00 that's a complete meal. Am from Makati and having dinner or just snack for two costs more than P300.00. Zola is the best so far in Baguio.

zola pix with my hubby burp

• Zinoki's Profile Photo

Palisata: Hidden

by Zinoki Written Dec 14, 2007

I have tried many restaurants after coming to Boguio but the best so far is a restaurant called Plaisata, its very hidden away, if you find it your are in luck. Its at the top of a parking lot near a pink church, very random all I can say. Its on session road

Sitting at the top you get a best view of the town and the mountains. The food is excellent and the service is very good. It’s small but nice.

but a bit expencive about 500 pesos for a very good meal

Favorite Dish: tanguri chicken, but their steak is also very good

• Maximus69's Profile Photo

Sizzling Plate: Local chain restaurant that's worth it

by Maximus69 Written Sep 8, 2007

This is a local chain restaurant that I found to be quite good.
    The food was good (you get soup of the day along with your meal), the drinks cold and the staff were good and efficient.

Favorite Dish: Aussie T Bone steak

• Maximus69's Profile Photo

Bruno's cafe / La Chalet Restaurant: Quality place to eat

by Maximus69 Written Aug 29, 2007

Ok you have to eat and there are some nice local resaurants to eat at such as, Sizzling Plate, Cafe by The ruins is excellent as is The Rose Bowl and Carlos Pizza...
    The one place I would highlu recommend though is a Swiss place on Sessions rd - it's a 3 in 1 job with Bruno's Cafe at the front then Le Pettite Bar and right down the back is La Chalet restaurant...
    This place is slighty on the high price (for the Pilippines) but the quality of food and service coupled witha relaxed ambience makes it a well worth while eatery...

Favorite Dish: hmmmm The Swiss style Goulash was a fav

• Business Travel

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

456: The Best in town!!!

by joiwatani Written May 7, 2007

456 Restaurant is locally owned and had been in business since I could remember. I have lived in Baguio City from 1978-1989 and this place is still there having the same business as usual - catering to the old folks of Baguio and to local tourists! This is a place to be at lunch time! University students gather here for their weekly meetings. You can see local real estate brokers and local businessmen drink their fresh-brewed coffee and get the latest news in town. The local newspaper journalists come here and chat. Local politicians, lawyers, teachers and the local residents visit this place to eat, rub elbows, read the newspaper or and get their first hand news circulating in town!

Favorite Dish: I like their chopsuey. It comes with freshly cut home-grown vegetables - a beautiful mix of sweet peas, cabbage, lettuce, bell pepper, sweet tiny corns, carrots, onions, shallots, fresh green onions and garlic mixed all together with chicken and/or pork.

The food comes with freshly boiled white rice served in their white china platter.

Make sure to order their freshly-brewed coffee and egg-drop soup!

• namiewa's Profile Photo

Kubo Grill: Cottages Grill Restaurant!

by namiewa Written Jan 28, 2007

First night we have our dinner here. A simple and enique restaurant, every one had there own cottages for so to take dinner and listen there acoustic band. The grill taste good and im hungry plus im cold so i dont have time to take a photos. But the food is great and the shakes is good.

Favorite Dish: grilled pork and the shakes!

in front of the restaurant! ur cottage!
    • National/State Park

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Mario's: Cesar's Salad, Anyone?

by JaneCajuguiran Updated Jan 19, 2007

In baguio, good Cesar's salad can only be found at Mario's. It's like a tradition associated with the place.

What other things to eat there? Well, there's lengua, the flambe', some steak, paella, and other food that will make your mouth water. I love Mario's. I just hope the dwindling popularity doesn't close it down.

Favorite Dish: My favorite's the Cesar's Salad of course. it's creamy with the right blend of oil and cheese and lemon. I craved for the mango jubilee last time I was there.

• namiewa's Profile Photo

Gilingan Restaurant: Great Food!

by namiewa Written Jan 18, 2007

Its a nice restaurant with a great food plus a good live song. Not that much its affordable for everyone to order such tasty food like pasta and Filipino food, they have korean and chinese food as well. The restaurant is 2 floor and its divided by non smoking and smoking area. The workers are friendly and fast.

Favorite Dish: I am a li’l fussy when it comes of food so I order shrimps then my cousin order chicken of course as we always eat with rice, we ordered that too but my sister loves the pasta and she said it taste really good and that’s all she eat at dinner.

i like this picture good for 1 person only!..lolz
    • Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Baguio

Comments

Baguio Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Baguio restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baguio sightseeing.