Baguio Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Baguio

shop along Session Road: Black Pepper Pork Chop rice

by myspices Updated Oct 28, 2006

We were already late for dinner. As we did not want to go for fast food, we decided to hop into a local food outlet to taste the local dishes. We went to a place with crowd of locals but as it was already way past the usual dinner time, there weren't many dishes available but there were those ala carte ones like pork chop, lamb chop etc. So happened the shop was also giving a 20% discount on food that night. Ordered the black pepper pork chop with rice.

Favorite Dish: The pork chop is served with a bowl of rice and some mixed peas on a hot plate. A complimentary soup is also given. For the price we paid, it was a good value for money kind of meal. The pepper sauce tasted good but the pork chop is slightly tough. Overall, it was o.k.

Cost : 50pesos per set (after discount)

Black Pepper Pork Chop rice

Andok's Litson - Manok & Liempo: "Manok" - Roasted Chicken

by myspices Updated Oct 28, 2006

This is actually supper to us. As it was quite chilly at night and we had walked quite a fair bit along the Session Road, we did feel a bit hungry. We found this fast food outlet crowded with mostly youngsters. The waiters were roasting chickens in a see-through glass panel. Wow... the smell of the roasted chickens ("Manok") was tantalizing.... so in we went and ordered the huge whole chicken ......

Note : "Liempo" according to the waiters is the roasted pork

See more pictures of the roasting of the bird and ambience of Andok's

Favorite Dish: Andok's roasted chicken (seems it is called "Manok") tasted really yummy when eaten with fingers. The meat of the chicken is tender and juicy. There's no chillie sauce provided - eat it original or with the brown.

Price : 199 pesos for the whole bird!

One whole chicken chopped into bite pieces roasting the chicken till golden brown Andok's - the fast food restaurant large crowd in Andok's
    • Business Travel

• namiewa's Profile Photo

Gilingan Restaurant: Great Food!

by namiewa Written Jan 18, 2007

Its a nice restaurant with a great food plus a good live song. Not that much its affordable for everyone to order such tasty food like pasta and Filipino food, they have korean and chinese food as well. The restaurant is 2 floor and its divided by non smoking and smoking area. The workers are friendly and fast.

Favorite Dish: I am a li’l fussy when it comes of food so I order shrimps then my cousin order chicken of course as we always eat with rice, we ordered that too but my sister loves the pasta and she said it taste really good and that’s all she eat at dinner.

i like this picture good for 1 person only!..lolz
    • Theme Park Trips

• nixca316's Profile Photo

Mario's Baguio: Great steaks and ambiance

by nixca316 Updated Mar 12, 2013

Angel, our server, was very helpful, efficient, and courteous. He took note of our orders well and answered to our every need.

The rest of the staff were very cordial and helpful too.

We love Mario's Baguio, so we were disappointed when we could not find it at its old location. I think we have been looking for it during our last visits and thank goodness that we stayed at Microtel that we were able to find it. Shucks. There's google, I know, but somehow we thought it just closed.

We recently learned that the old branch was burnt to a crisp so instead of sulking and thinking of their misery, they built this free standing restaurant at the Upper Session Road and I must say that I like it better.

I love the feel of the place. It's classy, but not overwhelming. Simple folk might want to visit it once in a blue moon, but they would be treated well(maybe if they won't go there all greased and all...just my opinion).

Favorite Dish: Check their website and I can assure you that they are not lying. Mario's guarantees great taste and presentation as well as excellent service.

Try their soups, salads, entrees, desserts and you will not be disappointed. They can expertly suggest good wines to pair with your meals and they have good coffee too.

Mom says their seafood is not up to par, but hey, this branch is up the mountain so...

Mario's Restaurant Baguio City

Maridol Duran(contact person)
    Grace Galvan (contact person)
    mariosbaguio@marios.com.ph

Upper Session Road
    Baguio City Philippines

• Wine Tasting

• trisanna's Profile Photo

Solibao Restaurant: Great Pilipino Fare

by trisanna Written Aug 18, 2005

This place serves classic Pilipino fare. We ordered chicken adobo, a very popular dish here in the Philippines. The chicken is cooked in vinegar and soy sauce. My husband got the Pork Lechon ( fried pork). We also got some stirfried vegetables with tomatoes and rice.

Rodan 44 and a spread of Pilipino dishes, Baguio
    • Architecture

• jvsabas's Profile Photo

Cafe By The Ruins: Decent food, seems to attract foreigners.

by jvsabas Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food was pretty good. Baked goods are tasty, but definitely Filipino: very thin crusts, soft and airy breads. If you're looking for thick, crusty, hearty, chewy baguettes, batards, etc. you'll never find it in the Philippines.

The Filipino decor is nice. Semi open with interesting masks hanging from the ceiling. Service was relatively quick, a plus if you ever ever eaten at any Philippine restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Mami, a Filipino noodle soup, usually eaten for mirienda or afternoon snack. It had a good tasty broth.

The fruit bowl picture is from the www.biyahero.net.

from http://www.biyahero.net/cafebytheruins.html

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Mario's: Cesar's Salad, Anyone?

by JaneCajuguiran Updated Jan 19, 2007

In baguio, good Cesar's salad can only be found at Mario's. It's like a tradition associated with the place.

What other things to eat there? Well, there's lengua, the flambe', some steak, paella, and other food that will make your mouth water. I love Mario's. I just hope the dwindling popularity doesn't close it down.

Favorite Dish: My favorite's the Cesar's Salad of course. it's creamy with the right blend of oil and cheese and lemon. I craved for the mango jubilee last time I was there.

• f8stop's Profile Photo

Pizza Volante: An Italian Restaurant in Baguio City

by f8stop Written Dec 10, 2008

This resto is open 24/7 and is very accessible. It is located along Baguio's famous and bustling street: "Session Road".

Favorite Dish: They have a nice selection of pizza and pasta (although I think the servings are rather small for someone with a big appetite like me :D )

in volante's 2nd floor dining area...

• Zinoki's Profile Photo

Palisata: Hidden

by Zinoki Written Dec 14, 2007

I have tried many restaurants after coming to Boguio but the best so far is a restaurant called Plaisata, its very hidden away, if you find it your are in luck. Its at the top of a parking lot near a pink church, very random all I can say. Its on session road

Sitting at the top you get a best view of the town and the mountains. The food is excellent and the service is very good. It’s small but nice.

but a bit expencive about 500 pesos for a very good meal

Favorite Dish: tanguri chicken, but their steak is also very good

• ProudMarikenya's Profile Photo

Poor Service, impolite staff: A not so Blissful Dinner At Bliss Cafe

by ProudMarikenya Written Feb 19, 2008

A not so blissful dinner at Bliss Cafe

I read good reviews about this veggie restaurant in lifestyle magazines and newspaper in Manila so made this resto part of our Baguio culinary adventure. The food was not worth the long wait. I wonder why our order took sooo long to serve when we were the only customers then. We ordered by plate meals and we had to follow up like 3-4x before they serve the first plate, and each order came to our table one at a time, like 20 minutes after the other. While others were eating already, some were still waiting. The Biancci and Miguel were crying because their veggie sisig was too spicy, I was looking for the server to ask for water but she was nowhere to be found, I even have to go to the kitchen to ask for water. I got so pissed to find out that the staff was all in the kitchen just playing around. The staff was not even pleasant nor apologetic for the long wait. When we asked for the bill, I questioned the server why the O.R. was under a different name, she couldn’t give me an answer. I asked her to replaced it (just to make her life a little difficult). When she came back to me, she said “ hindi daw do pwede sabi ng kasama ko” but I insisted. Then one of the staff in the kitchen came to me angry and said “ Hindi pwede kasi magbabayad kami sa BIR!” WHATTTT!!!! %8&#@*%!!!!!!!!! I felt like my blood pressure gone up, and my hidden waray waray nature came out (no need to detail every thing) Then the other kitchen staff came rushing with the new O.R. and apologizing for everything.

The place is supposed to be good in ambiance, but surely I will not recommend this resto and even warn people not to go to here.

• Maximus69's Profile Photo

Bruno's cafe / La Chalet Restaurant: Quality place to eat

by Maximus69 Written Aug 29, 2007

Ok you have to eat and there are some nice local resaurants to eat at such as, Sizzling Plate, Cafe by The ruins is excellent as is The Rose Bowl and Carlos Pizza...
    The one place I would highlu recommend though is a Swiss place on Sessions rd - it's a 3 in 1 job with Bruno's Cafe at the front then Le Pettite Bar and right down the back is La Chalet restaurant...
    This place is slighty on the high price (for the Pilippines) but the quality of food and service coupled witha relaxed ambience makes it a well worth while eatery...

Favorite Dish: hmmmm The Swiss style Goulash was a fav

• Business Travel

• Maximus69's Profile Photo

Sizzling Plate: Local chain restaurant that's worth it

by Maximus69 Written Sep 8, 2007

This is a local chain restaurant that I found to be quite good.
    The food was good (you get soup of the day along with your meal), the drinks cold and the staff were good and efficient.

Favorite Dish: Aussie T Bone steak

Coffee shop in Dangwa Bus Station: Longganisa Fried Rice

by myspices Updated Oct 28, 2006

The coffee shop is inside the Dangwa Bus Station, Baguio. As we did not want to miss our bus to Sagada (the last bus is at 1pm), we decided to do lunch at the nearby coffee shops in Dangwa Bus Station where the bus bound for Sagada is. We went to the the cleanest shop near the Station. The seats inside the shop are like benches - something like the old coffee shops style. The waitresses are polite and helpful.

See picture on entrance to the coffee shop

Favorite Dish: Fried Rice with Longganisa - the usual fried rice with mixed peas and served with 3 little longganisa .... pretty delicious. Comes with a bowl of soup.

Price :70pesos

Logganisa fried rice the coffee shop where we had our lunch

Coffee shop in Dangwa Bus Station: Chopsuey Rice

by myspices Updated Oct 28, 2006

Favorite Dish: Chopsuey is actually a mixed vegetables dish with slices of meat, mushrooms or cloud ears fried together. Vegetables are usually, a combination of the carrot, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, corn or cabbage. It is slightly fried with cornstarch added to thicken the sauce. Good choice if you do not want to eat a lot of meat. Delicious with rice, comes with a bowl of soup.

Price : 75pesos

Chopsuey rice

• trisanna's Profile Photo

SM Food Court: Great food at good prices

by trisanna Written Aug 18, 2005

The shopping center SM Baguio has some nice restaurants and a large food court. I highly recommend the Taste of Laoag, which serves north Luzon fare. If you can, try the Vigan Bibingka. It looks like a corn muffin in banana leaf. But it tastes a little sweet (like yellow cake), but has a salty and cheesy top. It sounds weird, but believe me -it's good. It's served warm. Other food stalls serve other Pilipino, Chinese and western fare.

SM Baguio Food Court
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Baguio

Comments

Baguio Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Baguio restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baguio sightseeing.