Fun things to do in Baguio

• Things to Do

Most Viewed Things to Do in Baguio

• miguel_arcangel's Profile Photo

The Wishing Well of Minesview Park

by miguel_arcangel Written Aug 19, 2013

In the old days, the 50s until the 90s, the little kids in the area of Minesview Park started a trend to catch the tourists attention.

They made coin-catching devices made of cardboard, shaped into cone and attached to the bamboo poles. Those kids braved the slopes and with their amazing sense of balance, they catch coins being tossed by visitors.

• miguel_arcangel's Profile Photo

Experience Diplomat Hotel

by miguel_arcangel Written Oct 22, 2012

Diplomat Hotel was once grand and majestic, before it was abandoned and suffered devastation in World War 2.

This used to be a vacation home for the Dominican Order in the Philippines but was later decided to convert to a school.

Reconstruction and renovations took place after WW2 and was bought by Diplomat Hotels Inc. in the 70s.

Diplomat Hotel may be a scary place but you can't deny it's beauty.

• Photography

• Miaherce's Profile Photo

Tree top adventure!

by Miaherce Written Jun 14, 2012

This is the same as tree top in Subic. But the difference here in baguio is you experience the cooler climate and the beautiful pine trees.
    My sister, my nieces and I chose the package with the canopy ride and the furnicular. We chose the less thrilling one since my sister is a nervous wreck...hehehe! The package costs Php 350 per person. There are other packages with exciting rides to choose from like the superman, silver surfer, and the tree drop. Though, you have to sign a waiver before you enjoy the ride.

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Bombs away!

by JaneCajuguiran Updated Apr 4, 2011

Only about 20 minutes away from the city, the Balatoc Mines at Itogon offers a unique adventure tour - assimilating the job of a miner in the mine! When we got there we had to don a miner's hat and boots, ride the train, go into the cave and even hear a blasting inside the cave. The tour guide, Ms. Tina, gave us a briefing about what to expect and how gold was extracted from the bowels of the earth. She also showed us how gold had to go through so many processes from the ore to a refined metal before it even goes into our neck and wrists. Truly this tour is worth a try at least once in your lifetime.

Entrance fee is 250 pesos per adult and 150 for students. The tour runs anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. The last tour starts about 2 pm.

• Adventure Travel

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Have a Picnic at Camp John Hay

by JaneCajuguiran Updated Apr 4, 2011

Camp John Hay is such a delight to go to. We have never grown tired of visiting it because of the many things we enjoy doing there.

One of these things is having breakfast at the picnic area near the figaro shop. I usually get to bring food we have prepared in the house we rent - complete with hot chocolate and coffee, some sausages bought from the market, eggs, pancakes, fried rice, and some native rice cakes. Then we stay there after breakfast to play some board games or charoodle (which is a variation of the charade game). The kids are free to run around the area without the risk of getting run over by vehicles while the adults get to chat while we watch them.

there's jut one problem - food gets really cold so fast, I normally have to bring the whole pot just to keep them warm!

• glennhb's Profile Photo

trave max and voyage plus

by glennhb Updated Apr 4, 2011

traveling to baguio is definitly an experience...
    and the reason why i am here is to ask for your help to market our product which is the voyage plus card... it is a membership card where members can reserve and buy tickets, get free 50 peso load, 10,000 pesos insurance good for one year, discounts from hotel, restos, bars, etc etc... even a rent-a-car and taxi resevation

the cost of the membership card is only 150 Php.

This is from Rapide Synergie and Victory Liner. if you are interested please call or text 09209119831
    or
    call
    (02) 9263259 for details...

look for Mr. Glenn Bacolor the sales and marketing manager.

Give convenience to your members and they will surely follow you more.

• Festivals

• The place to be in Baguio

by thescene Updated Jan 25, 2011

Session Road is the main street in Baguio City. Here you can find a number of notable shops and restaurants. This inclined street is very busy and during the summer the traffic is quite heavy and it's quite hard to see a parking place.

• A great view

by thescene Updated Jan 11, 2011

Mines View Park is a popular place where you can see a great view of the mountains. There is also a lot of shops that sells handicrafts, T-shirts and local foodstuffs which you can take home. It's advisable that you come as early as possible as thei place is normally full of people during the day.

• Camp John Hay

by thescene Written Dec 6, 2010

Camp John Hay is a leisure facility that was established as a rest and relaxation facility for American servicemen and their dependents. When the lease on the various American bases in the Philippines was not renewed CJH was turned over to the Philippine government who chose to develop it. There is a wide array of facilities like a par 69 golf course, swimming pool, camping site, restaurants, and shopping centres which will help visitors have a enjoyable visit to the CJH.

• Relaxing in Burnham Park

by thescene Written Oct 14, 2010

In the cool weather of Baguio, it's sometimes good to set a side a part of the day to just relax, have a nice meal, and find a nice relaxing activity. In Burnham Park you can certainly do this. Whether it's reading a book, or going on a rowboat on the man made lake or cycling around then or just sitting relaxing then this park is for you. Centrally located within the city limits, the park is a popular for family picnics.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Help the Senior Citizens in Baguio!!!

by joiwatani Written Sep 13, 2010

Besides having your pictures taken in Igorot Costume, you are also donating some of your payment to the Senior Citizens of Baguio.

There are these two older Igorot women whose store close to the lookout asking for your donations.

The amount you pay for your pictures taken at the other stalls are the same. But, with the two women, some proceeds go to a good cause.

Visit the Botanical Garden

by joiwatani Written Sep 13, 2010

I had been so tired as I didn't have enough sleep for about two weeks, so I told my aunt that I will wait for them in the jeepney (transportation we had in Baguio). I told the driver to drop them off at the Botanical Garden while I laid down in the jeep to catch my sleep!

I have lived in Baguio for 12 years and I had seen these many times so, I just told them to take their time and I will meet them at the parking lot!

They seemed to enjoy the garden.

Those two big dogs at Mines View Park

by joiwatani Written Sep 13, 2010

While I was changing to my Igorot Costume, my cousins and my aunts went to another stall and paid P80 ($1.50) to have their pictures taken with the two dogs.

It must be fun for them but I am afraid of dogs as I had been beaten many times and it is costly! So, I passed on that one.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Renting a boat at Dolphin's Cove (Burnham Park)

by joiwatani Written Sep 13, 2010

This is the first time that I had seen this Dolphin's Cove at Burnham Park. I lived in this city for over 12 years and came back every five years but I have not seen this before so I am posting this here.

There is this trellis that was put on the left side of the park and it was decorated beautifully. I must say, it's a great place to take pictures of your family or you love ones.

I took some pictures of my aunts and cousins here and they looked great!

This is where the boats dock and where you can rent your boats to paddle around the lake.

Boating at Burnham Lake

by joiwatani Written Sep 13, 2010

Probably the last time I did boating around the lake was when I was 8 years old- when we had an excursion in this city. I have never tried again because I get dizzy easily.

However, boating is fun to some people. There are different kinds of boats you can hire at Burnham Park. The rents are very reasonable.

I also see some lovers just taking the boat so they can have time for themselves and away from everybody else.

Baguio Hotels

Latest: Sep 21, 2013
City Travel Hotel
Latest: Apr 2, 2014

Instant Answers: Baguio

Comments

Baguio Things to Do

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Baguio locals.
Map of Baguio