Walking, Baguio

People just hanging out
  • At Burnham Park, Baguio City, Philippines, 8/2010
    At Burnham Park, Baguio City,...
    My aunt Connie at Burnham Park
  • joiwatani's Profile Photo

Walking at Burnham Park

by joiwatani Written Sep 13, 2010

At Burnham Park, Baguio City, Philippines, 8/2010

When I was a law student in this city twenty years ago, I used to work at the back of Burnham Park (Kisad Road). To save money, I used to walked at this park. I used to cut across the park and pass by rows and rows of gladiolas blooming and smelling the roses. I just loved the flowering red and purple Silvias. These flowers make Burnham Park beautiful and soothing to the eyes to pass by. When I go home from work, I walked back again and see many tourists taking pictures of the flowers and the lake. I sometimes see lovers kissing or just lying down the grass.

Today, that scene remains the same. There are Marigolds now and more gladiolas flowering. Walking is a great exercise and walking around the lake is very helpful.

• trisanna's Profile Photo

Take a walk around Burnham Park

by trisanna Written Aug 18, 2005

boating lagoon at burnham park, Baguio

For a large city Baguio is very clean. There is a lot of pride in this place. The Burnham Park is a very popular place for locals. We happened to be in Baguio on a Saturday and saw many enjoying themselves in the park. There is a man made lake, where you can get a swan or row boat. Many people like to stroll the grounds. There are sunflowers and other flowers planted in the garden. I just loved being out in the cool weather and enjoyed walking around the park.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Women's Travel

• trisanna's Profile Photo

Walking up Session Road

by trisanna Written Aug 18, 2005
    Session Road, Baguio

Session road is the hip street in town. You will find lots of restaurants, bars and occasionally a karaoke bar on this street. A few shops. Up the hill, you will find the big shopping center SM.

Instant Answers: Baguio