Baguio Warnings and Dangers

Slippery stones at Mines View Park
    by joiwatani
    Be very careful not to fall down
    Mines View Park Shed?

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Baguio

• bike_packer's Profile Photo

Drive Extra Careful when It's Foggy.

by bike_packer Written Jan 9, 2006

Being at a high elevation, Baguio is generally foggy. Add to that the winding road on a steep side of the mountain, it is but advisable to the driver new to the place to take extra precaution when driving. Blowing the horn every now and then helps.

My worst experience was when driving up foggy Marcos Highway at night at just 2-meter visibility condition.. And by default >> the speed would be at a very slow crawling 5kph.

Foggy

• sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

Hotels are all fully booked during peak seasons

by sweet_sentiments Updated Apr 4, 2011

I advise you to book for a hotel 1 month before your planned visit IF you are going to Baguio during the PEAK season. We experienced having the worst room/hotel because all the decent ones are taken when we went to Baguio for the Flower Festival (Panagbenga). Actually, we were lucky we were still able to find a place to sleep lest we'll sleep on the streets.

concorde hotel baguio
    • Festivals

Slippery when wet

by JaneCajuguiran Written Jan 1, 2006

Although Baguio is a city, much of its attraction is its attempt to incorporate nature into it. This being, there are places in baguio which can be really slippery when the rains come. My advice - stay away from places that have ecotrails and mines which Baguio is noted for. If you do go, be sure to bring extra clothes and a bagful of tissue paper.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Be careful when going to Mines View Park

by joiwatani Written Sep 6, 2010

Mines View Park has changed since the last time I was in Baguio. It's more crowded now with local tourists looking for a place to take a picture of themselves.

Just be very careful climbing up the stones because they are slippery when wet.

Also, if you are having a hard time walking, the stairs made of stones are very difficult to walk on. Make sure that someone is helping you out so you won't fall.

Slippery stones at Mines View Park Be very careful not to fall down At Mines View Park Mines View Park Shed? Be careful not to fall down when taking pictures

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Be careful when taking pictures with the horses

by joiwatani Written Sep 6, 2010

Of course, it is very nice to take pictures with animals in any park; i.e. the camels in Egypt, the elephants, the tigers, etc. However, there are always danger involved even with a friendly and loving horse!

At Mines View Park, there is a horse before the entrance to the park where the owner asks tourists to take a picture with the horse for a few bucks!

Be careful when you get up the horse. Accidents happen. The horse is actually on slabs of stones and not on a dirt that when you fall down, it will be disastrous.

The show horse Some of the Igorot sellers More vendors At the view deck With my Igorot costume

• whvcebu's Profile Photo

Doubtful Helping Hands

by whvcebu Written Jul 30, 2005

When visiting the famous Baguio market watch out for pickpockets. Particularly when you have selected a boy or a girl out of a crowd of youngsters offering help for carrying your heavy vegetable bags, the ones who were not lucky to be chosen switch there talents to become pciküpockets.

While you are busy to watch that all vegetables will be packed into your baskets and bags the trailing youngsters watch where you put your change.

Rest assured that your money which you put into your chest pocket of yopur polo shirt does not stay there for long, if your aren't attentive for a spur of a moment.

Fruit stand Baguio
    • Business Travel

• Zinoki's Profile Photo

Black Market

by Zinoki Written Dec 14, 2007

Its not hard to find the black market. Everything is cheep and you can haggle it down to even less. One thing you need to keep in mind is that you should never go by your self, especially if you are not from there. You can get robbed or even worse.

• ProudMarikenya's Profile Photo

A Not so Blissful Dinner at Bilss cafe

by ProudMarikenya Written Feb 19, 2008

A not so blissful dinner at Bliss Cafe

I read good reviews about this veggie restaurant in lifestyle magazines and newspaper in Manila so made this resto part of our Baguio culinary adventure. The food was not worth the long wait. I wonder why our order took sooo long to serve when we were the only customers then. We ordered by plate meals and we had to follow up like 3-4x before they serve the first plate, and each order came to our table one at a time, like 20 minutes after the other. While others were eating already, some were still waiting. The Biancci and Miguel were crying because their veggie sisig was too spicy, I was looking for the server to ask for water but she was nowhere to be found, I even have to go to the kitchen to ask for water. I got so pissed to find out that the staff was all in the kitchen just playing around. The staff was not even pleasant nor apologetic for the long wait. When we asked for the bill, I questioned the server why the O.R. was under a different name, she couldn’t give me an answer. I asked her to replaced it (just to make her life a little difficult). When she came back to me, she said “ hindi daw do pwede sabi ng kasama ko” but I insisted. Then one of the staff in the kitchen came to me angry and said “ Hindi pwede kasi magbabayad kami sa BIR!” WHATTTT!!!! %8&#@*%!!!!!!!!! I felt like my blood pressure gone up, and my hidden waray waray nature came out (no need to detail every thing) Then the other kitchen staff came rushing with the new O.R. and apologizing for everything.

The place is supposed to be good in ambiance, but surely I will not recommend this resto and even warn people not to go to here.

• ProudMarikenya's Profile Photo

Atenara House - a Nightmare

by ProudMarikenya Updated Feb 20, 2008

Have you ever been fooled into staying at lodging inn or hotel because of a nice-looking website or worse, a bogus review planted by the owner themselves? Well, I have!

Atenara House main draw is its enviable location near Baguio’s tourist spots. This is where it begins. And this is where it ends.
    We had a hard time finding the place as it doesn’t have a signage. Finally, we found it, but we were skeptic to enter as it was not the place I have in my mind as pictured in their website. The house was built in 1958 and which I think was never renovated ever since. As you enter the house you'll be welcomed by the smell of antiques, just like the smell of an abandoned ancestral house. I vomited for real because of this distinctive odorous air in this place. The place was dusty & rundown. I don't mind the idea of an old house type, but this one is worst! The room was so dimly-lit, The beds were made of plywood, the linens and bed sheets looked like it was not changed.No fridge, just an old TV. I didn’t allow my helper to hang the clothes in the cabinet because it smelled moth balls. The place was dusty & rundown that I have to wipe the dresser and TV with tissue. And oh, their towels.you’ll think twice if you’re going to use them or not, they are like rags

After an hour of checkng in the hotel, we were feeling uneasy about the cleanliness of d place and true enough, when I lookd under the bed, it lookd like the room had nt been cleaned for months. I even saw a cockroach. D toilet failed 2 flush and it reeked of urine evidence of d place's utmost filthiness.

We immediately checked out of this place the next morning and when I looked for the landlord to complain about the place, the people there claimed he wasn't around!

SHAME ON THESE PEOPLE WHO CONTINUES TO FOOL PEOPLE BY THEIR WEBSITES AS IF IT IS HABITABLE FOR PEOPLE. THE GUTS TO CHARGE p 6,200/NIGHT FOR THE TWO ADJACENT ROOMS. The nice and new Burnham Suites rate just charge us p5000/ for the 2 rooms. SURELY IT IS THE WORST PLACE WE’VE STAYED AT.

• clinique27's Profile Photo

Beware of Pickpockets!!

by clinique27 Written Apr 9, 2008

When we were in front of Baguio Market, we ran out of cash so what we did was to go to the nearby bank..i think that was Metrobank..i withdraw some cash then decided to wait for my cousins and aunts on the 'kanto' near Metrobank..While i was waiting for them, i realized that my body bag was moving..when i reached for my bag, i was able to hold the hand of the snatcher!!! as in!! so what i did was i face the snatcher, which happen to turn his back from me then walk away!! gosh! muntik na talaga..to think na that was only 2:30 in the afternoon huh..

Falling Boulders

by JaneCajuguiran Written Feb 4, 2006

As beautiful a mountain city it is, The road to Baguio can be treacherous too.

It was a rainy during one of our trips from Baguio when a boulder came rolling down the mountainside toward the direction the bus (we were riding on) was taking. Luckily, the bus driver saw it coming and halted just before the boulder hit the ground. of course we were terrified but had to go on anyway.

The lesson is not to go to or from baguio when it is rainy. It gets pretty foggy too and the driver might not be able to see when at a high altitude.

Driving on a foggy road

by JaneCajuguiran Written Feb 21, 2006

When going to or coming from Baguio, be sure to hit the road going up or down during daylight specially during the months of May to late January. During these months the fog makes your vision so hazy you could hardly see the car just 2 meters ahead of you. Better yet when travelling to and from Baguio, its best to ride the old reliable airconditioned bus. The drivers can practically drive with their eyes close!

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

MInes view park - hidden somewhere!

by JaneCajuguiran Written Mar 27, 2006

Because of the numerous stalls and vendors that are around the area, before and after the site, you can hardly see the park. Yes, my dear, there is a park. And mind you these stuff are not even cheap! I'd much rather go to tam-awan for the view and the export processing zone for the shopping.

• fardarrig76's Profile Photo

Pollution

by fardarrig76 Written Dec 9, 2006

Maybe I was getting sick already but when I got to Baguio, I became terribly sick and I feel it started with the fumes from car exhaust. I would definitely go back to Baguio but I do recommend bringing medicine for your stomach. Especially if your from a country side and not use to a lot of pollution. Its a good Idea to bring a towel or hankerchief to cover your mouth with.

• Graecia's Profile Photo

hold while crossing the bridge

by Graecia Written Jan 6, 2004

There is a hanging bridge near the hot spring. Its okei to cross just for the experience just hold on tight on the bars. :) ENJOY!

THE BRIDGE

Instant Answers: Baguio

Comments

Baguio Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Baguio warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baguio sightseeing.