Related Baguio City Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Baguio City

• semper.max's Profile Photo

Celebrate the month of hearts in Baguio

by semper.max Written Nov 12, 2011

Favorite thing: February is the coldest month as far as Philippine weather is concerned. This is also the month for the Flower or Panagbenga Festival in Baguio City. This is the best time to travel to Baguio as almost every nook and corner of Baguio is adorned by flowers and flower arrangements. Flowers are in full bloom during the month of February.

The PMA annual homecoming also falls on February and surely, the PMA grounds will be buzzing with activities. People flock to see the silent drill of the cadets and also the highly awaited dance routine at the end of the drill.

The monh-long Panagbenga and the PMA Alumni Homecoming are two events in February that should make Baguio a top destination for the month.

• Photography

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Link Up w/ Fellow VT'ers

by cyndymc Written Mar 4, 2009

Favorite thing: The annual Panagbenga Festival is one event that shouldn't be missed. The festive atmosphere is contagious; everyone is in high spirits.

Although the maddening crowd is not for everyone, Panagbenga remains to be a much awaited event.

Fondest memory: What made my recent Baguio trip memorable was when I met some VT'ers. I was so touched when Barbie (aka barbie_sunrise) emailed me a day before our trip to invite me to a VT meet. Unfortunately, my husband had already made prior schedules for us so I told Barbie I wasn't sure to come, but would try my best.

After our photo shoot at Harrison Road, Barbie approached me at the photographers' stage and introduced herself and Anna. Though it was a brief encounter, I was very happy to have met fellow VT'ers.

• apondigorot's Profile Photo

Cordillera Cultural Performing Group (TAWID-CCPG)

by apondigorot Updated Aug 27, 2008

Favorite thing: 1. Come and experience the Summer Capital of the Phillipines
    a) A City of Pines
    b) Flower festival in the month of February.

2. Tourist spots
    a) Mines view
    b) Burnham park
    c) Lourdes Grotto
    d) Philippine Military Academy PMA

Fondest memory: 1. A Cordilleran Students From St. Luis University Baguio welling to Share own Culture until Become a one Family work together To Share our Culture through Arts.
    Keep In Working together my sister and Brothers.
    Just Fallow our elders commandment... INAYAN!!!
    God Bless Us All.

2. Cordillera Best 2005

• Asin Hotspring

by lasinen Written May 6, 2008

Favorite thing: Hi there!

1. If you will be staying at that hotel which you mentioned earlier, it'll probably take 25-30 minutes more or less to get to Asin Hotspring.

2. As of the moment, you can choose between Riverview and Palmgrove for your swimming spot. Riverview comes first, and a few meters away is Palmgrove. As far as i remember Palmgrove opens around 8:30, and so with Riverview.

3. Asin Hot spring is not in Baguio City, it's a part of Benguet. I don't know any other place in Baguio that has hotspring.

4. Hmm..i cannot say it's a "village" but anyhow, the woodcarving area is in Asin Rd. which is still a part of Baguio and you'll be passing bye that place on your way to Asin Hotspring. Don't worry, coz these carvers are very visible to your eyes on your way there.

5. Taxi? i don't think taxi drivers would agree to being metered since they will be at the losing end. I think there's a standard price being followed by these drivers, and you have to expect that it's really pricey but if you're willing to pay then i don't see any problem for that. :)

6. You may also take a jeepney going there.

HAPPY vacation! Don't miss the hotspring!

• 4 more images

Flowers!!! Panagbenga Flower Float Parade!!!

by mtorres1681 Written Feb 7, 2008

Favorite thing: The Panagbenga Flower Festival!!!

Fondest memory: The Panagbenga Flower Festival, which is celebrated every fourth week of February, showcases the best Baguio City has to offer. Large colorful floats embedded with flowers are paraded throughout the city streets, along with street dancing and a week-long celebration. I highly recommend this festival to everyone who loves flowers, flowers, and lots of flowers!!!!

• Festivals
    • Eco-Tourism

• cecilio624's Profile Photo

Baguio,the Mountain of Paradise.

by cecilio624 Written Jan 30, 2008

Favorite thing: The cool and refreshing atmosphere of Baguio, view of mountains and pine trees, rich cultural heritage and traditions,the ultimate get away place.

Fondest memory: Still Baguio is the perfect mountain paradise in the midst of the unique pine breeze and of course you will find vegetables that are truly fresh and crispy,not to forget strawberries,ube jams etc...good place to play Airsoft.

• National/State Park

• monina_c's Profile Photo

Passing time In Burnham Park

by monina_c Written Jun 26, 2007

Favorite thing: Where can one pass the time while waiting for the bus back to Manila? What if one's already had a surfeit of shopping and eating and just want to be?

Well, Burnham Park is a good option. One can just sit down on the grass and people-watch or just read the paper to catch up on the news. Burnham park also affords one to rest without spending a single centavo.

• NeverBeenThere's Profile Photo

walk...walk and walk!

by NeverBeenThere Updated Feb 11, 2007

Favorite thing: Favorite Things:

1) The churches: very nice.. walk along the session road and find lots of churches
    2) Smell of the flowers and pine trees
    3) rosy checks of everyone! (who needs diamond peel??!!!)
    4) Pilgrims : walking up the stairs of the GROTO..
    5) Crinkles and Ube Jam : sweet cookies made by the nuns
    6) Kulangot : native coco jam
    7) Ifugao's ready for PICTURES.. will cost you some amount, mind you!
    8) travel around Bagiuo by taxi or Jeep, you'll get there! anywhere..
    9) Waether is so COLD: never sweat, not even a drop! hahahaha
    10)Warms me up: an embrace from my swetie!

Fondest memory: .. 1 bottle of Vodka Citron, Frito Lays Chips... talking...laughing and passing out!
    .. waking up the next day with a BOMB of a headache! It was the fondest memory - NOT!

... Fondest memory : Item no. 10 of my favorite things!

• chuksingh's Profile Photo

Disappointed in Baguio

by chuksingh Written Jan 27, 2006

Favorite thing: where do i post the opposite of the title....
    i stopped in Baguio to change buses from Sagada on the way to Manila. I was leaving open the option to stay in Baguio for a nite at least. Upon reaching the city i decided against staying, and leaving asap! The city was dirty and polluted...there was traffic that reminded me of Manila....
    definitely a disappointment on first impression...
    i understand that there is probably some nice points to Baguio that i didn't see, but i think the ppl of Baguio should be more concerned about their city image....if i want pollution and crowds i will live in Manila...

Fondest memory: Leaving!!!!

I remember this!!!

by acemj Updated Dec 6, 2003

Favorite thing: My dad passed away in 1998, but I'll always remember him as a joyful person. He loved to play! This is one of the first memories that I have. It was at the John Hay Air Force Base and we were visiting our friends, the Sutfan's who were working here. Their kids were about 10 years older than me, but we had a great time picnicking here at the base. Some of us (not me, I was a chicken) rode horses and we took some hikes, but what I truly remember is rolling down this hill with my dad and laughing and laughing and laughing . . .

Rocky landscape

by acemj Updated Dec 6, 2003

Favorite thing: I could be wrong here, but I noticed rocky outcroppings in a number of my mom's pictures. On the base, I remember my sister riding a horse. My mom told me that they tried to put me on the horse, but little acemj wasn't as daring as the grown-up version. Apparently, I starting crying as soon as they set me in the saddle.

Tropical Island Nation

by acemj Updated Dec 6, 2003

Favorite thing: The Philippines is comprised of over 7,000 islands and the tropical setting yields some lush scenery and some wonderful fruits. I'm not sure if these are bananas or plantains or some other derivation of a banana, but they look good to me.

• Fresh air

by yen_2 Updated May 4, 2003

Favorite thing: The best times having a wee break around the hustle and bustle of the big city is to visit some of the countryside. Baguio City has a cold breeze since it's situated in the mountain area. I guess, it's not too touristic if you will visit it not in Summer time as most of us Filipinos will get out the City during those times. Walking around the City by foot and exploring some f their handicrafts. Baguio City is one major exporter of Silverware goods and it's cheap compare to Manila or elsewhere.

Fondest memory: The fun memory I had here was we watch the movie "Tanging Yaman" in the small cinema around the Session Road, it was a good movie the only thing is the place looks very old and the sets are not even comfortable but the idea of watching in there is funny! Why can't we watch it in Manila?

• Theme Park Trips

• herzog63's Profile Photo

City Market

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Check out the Huge Covered City Market!! You can find all kinds of dry goods, fish, meat, vegetables, and tons of touristy souvenir items.

Fondest memory: You spend hours walking through the market! My favorite items are the Strawberry Jam and the Thin Peanut Brittle!! Hand made wooden chess boards are a nice bargain also. But make sure you buy Kiln Dried only as it may warp when you get home. A couple of them that I have bought weren't kiln dried and they warped!

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Baguio Cathedral

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The Baguio Cathedral is fun to climb to. There are some very steep stairs off from Session Road to climb. There is a less rigorous walk further up Session Rd too.

Fondest memory: The outside of the Cathedral is an unusual Pink! You get a nice view from up here too!!

Baguio City Hotels

Top Baguio City Hotels

Baguio Hotels
328 Reviews - 898 Photos
Tuba Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Baguio City

Comments

Baguio City Favorites

Reviews and photos of Baguio City favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baguio City sightseeing.
Map of Baguio City