Places to eat in Baguio City

Most Viewed Restaurants in Baguio City

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Sumo Sam: Modern Fast Casual Japanese Fusion Restaurant 2

by machomikemd Written Jul 3, 2014

Part two of my tips with more pictures

The Ayala Tecnhohub in Camp Johm Hay is the newest attraction in Baguio City and one of the popular dining spots in the area is Sumo Sam.

Sumo Sam is a fast Japanese Casual Restaurant Chain suited to Filipino Taste, which is partly owned by a Philippine Actor and it was started in 2005 at the Edsa Shangrila Mall and since then it became popular and now has branches around the Country. They have the typical Japanese Favorites like the Donburi Meals. Ramen, Tempura, assorted sushi and sashimi, Udon, Soba and Yakiniku and a lot more.

Opens: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday

according to their website:

With its humble beginning in 2005, SumoSam is one of the leading Japanese chain restaurants in the Philippines.

Description

SumoSam is one of the leading Japanese chain restaurants in the Philippines. With its humble beginning in 2005 - SumoSam was brought about by its founders' many travels across the globe and passion towards the art of Japanese cuisine.

SumoSam takes great pride in the transformation of the freshest ingredients into works of Japanese food art. Now, it has flourished into one of the largest Japanese chain Restaurants in the Philippines with close to 30 restaurants nationwide.

SumoSam : The Art of Japan, Crafted the Japanese Way

24. Ayala North Point, Bacolod
    25. Ayala Technohub, Baguio
    26. Newport City, Resorts World
    27. The Strip at Wind Residences, Tagaytay

Favorite Dish: a lot, since again I'm a glutton and my friends are too! we had the katsudon donburi meal at 270 pesos an order, salmon sushi at 360 pesos an order, beef yakiniku meal at 300 pesos an order, spicy tuna maki at 360 pesos an order, shio ramen at 360 pesos an order and a lot more.

• Wine Tasting

24. Ayala North Point, Bacolod
    25. Ayala Technohub, Baguio
    26. Newport City, Resorts World
    27. The Strip at Wind Residences, Tagaytay

Favorite Dish: a lot, since again I'm a glutton and my friends are too! we had the katsudon donburi meal at 270 pesos an order, salmon sushi at 360 pesos an order, beef yakiniku meal at 300 pesos an order, spicy tuna maki at 360 pesos an order and a lot more.

• Oh My Gulay: Satisfying veg treats -- but a little over-hyped

by paolojcruz Written Sep 8, 2011

Despite the wonderful ambiance and much positive buzz, I was slightly underwhelmed by the flavor of the actual dishes being offered. The menu promises lots of interestning veggie-centric pastas, with some unique ingredients, but some of the end results didn't taste all that different from more mundane noodle-based meals. But i'll chalk that up to my heightened expectations -- a late lunch at Oh My Gulay was neverthless a satisfying way to cap off the end of a brief trip to the City of Pines.

• itzypies's Profile Photo

PNKY Cafe: Comfort Food

by itzypies Updated Apr 4, 2011

its only a small cafe along Leonard Wood .. the ambiance is warm and they serve a good house blend.. I first feasted on their fresh oriental salad then moved on to the heavy stuff .. they have a lot of Pasta on the menu .. I chose the Linguine in green Pesto.. even their Pesto comes in reds and greens : ) they also offer anti-pasto .. bruchetta or pita with assorted dips.. they also have sauteed beef with mushrooms..

so if you want to take advantage of the fresh veggies in Baguio try this place...

Favorite Dish: I loved the bruchetta with assorted pate

PNKY inside PNKY yummy oriental salad my pasta in green pesto it's just water :)

• mijyay's Profile Photo

Le Chef: Ambience

by mijyay Updated Apr 4, 2011

Le Chef (formerly called Le Souffle) is the restaurant inside Camp John Hay Manor. The staff are nice. They are very attentive and they make you feel welcome. The food is a bit...alright, it's pricey but it'd definitely worth it.

Beside the restaurant is an open piano bar. The music is a bit of R&B and jazz although anyone could suggest a song. The resident band is On Cue but they also invite other singers.

I would recommend going there at night to fully enjoy the ambience. There's nothing like sitting in a restaurant and listening to good music while you eat or having your cup of coffee or tea or bottle of beer with a fire burning merrily near you.

Favorite Dish: I forgot. I don't really remember the name of the dish but it's duck meat and it's tastier than chicken. ^_^

• Business Travel

• santeria01's Profile Photo

Sizzling Plate Steakhouse: Inexpensive but fab steak!

by santeria01 Updated Feb 15, 2011

We went to the SM Baguio branch of the resto. We had pork barbecue and chicken steak. We were given free soup while we waited for our food, and it was good. :-)

It was a wonderful experience eating there. The chicken and the barbecue were so tasty, coupled with java rice and sumptuous gravy.

For our second visit, we ordered double pork chop and chicken barbecue (am such a chicken fan!). They have great menu if you ask me. Their price is so inexpensive yet the food is so worth it. their australian steak costs around 400 pesos, which is cheap compared to other steakhouses.

Favorite Dish: Don't miss their chocolate-flavored leche flan for dessert!

• missmarianne's Profile Photo

Oh My Gulay (OMG!): Uyyyy mon legume!

by missmarianne Written Jan 15, 2011

This place is more of an art gallery rather than a restaurant. Their food is ok BUT not as.. yummy as the food in other restos in Baguio. I am beginning to register on the list of Baguio Artists fanatiX (lol). They created the place in a fantasy-like settings and in a way........ you won't imagine yourself to be at. BRAVO presentation!

Favorite Dish: as far as the dish is concerned.. hmm I am not sure if there's one, but I DO LIKE THEIR FRESH MANGO JUICE. That's it.

• missmarianne's Profile Photo

Cafe by the Ruins: french breads at a local restaurant

by missmarianne Written Jan 15, 2011

l love their french breads. They taste like they were made of a certain kind of flour. OOOOOhhh the pan au chocola costs the same in some French bakeshops in Manila BUT.. the taste and the size differ. Their servings could be shared by two. The place is cool but when eaters flock in ohhh nohh.. hehehI

Favorite Dish: i especially love their version of pan au chocola
    they come in bigger size
    taste like "kamoteng kahoy" flour
    filled in with gigantic organic/local chocolate

VTERS: missmarianne, queenn and kay
    • Singles

• missmarianne's Profile Photo

Solibao Restaurant: ahhhhh tsokolate at puto bumbOng!!!

by missmarianne Updated Jan 15, 2011

for the Nth time l have been to Baguio, this is my very 1st time in Solibao. They serve delicious local food that is also be appealing to international gustatory sense.

I especially love the organic hot chocolate and sweeeeeetie puto bumbong (sticky rice flour steamed with purple yam and served with grated coconut and organic sugar)

Favorite Dish: organic chocolate and puto bumbong

Sizzling Plate: Steak, Steak and nmore Steak

by Lensky Updated Dec 20, 2010

A friend recommended this place and the steak was delicious. They boast of Australian prime beef grilled as you desire. The serving was large, the gravy was savory and served with rice, vegetables and soup.

Favorite Dish: Australian Rib eye

• O Mai Khan: Foreigners ripped off!

by Ontrack Written Aug 21, 2010

The restaurant was full. I ordered the mixed grill of chicken, beef and prawn and what arrived was pathetic. There were two tiny prawns and equally small pieces of beef. I complained to the waitress and after at least five minutes the manager arrived. There was no apology as to tiny plate of food. Ten minutes later a fresh plate arived. five small pieces of cold beef, one small rectangle of chicken and five small prawns with two huge chunks of carrot and green pepper. This restaurant is quite aspopalling and I encourage all travellers to look elsewhere. It was a pity that I di not have my camera with me.

Favorite Dish: The best thing was leaving the restaurant.

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

Good Taste: Unbelievably Cheap

by asianbelle Updated Apr 17, 2010

The restaurant was recommended by a local taxi driver as one of the well patronized eateries in the city. Occupying 3 floors of an old building, it looks very typical of old Chinese restaurants --- nothing fancy and abuzzed with customers. In fact, there was a long queue of people at the lobby waiting for their take out orders and almost all the tables were occupied. We were lucky to find a recently vacated big table for our group.

However, unlike other Chinese restos that rely on manual "order-taking", Good Taste waiters are equipped with "e-notepad" that immediately transmits our order to the kitchen.

Favorite Dish: I ordered rice topped with lechon kawali expecting a small bowl of rice with pork on top. Imagine my surprise when my food was served. I was given a "bigger than average" cup of fried rice, slices of pork, and sauteed vegetables as side dish. And all for only P75.00.

They also served us a complimentary big bowl of hot soup (chicken broth). And because I was already full, I didn't get to taste their pancit bihon which according to my family tastes really good.

Cafe By the Ruins: Cozy But Eerie Resto

by Lensky Written Dec 22, 2009

Its my first time to visit and eat here though I've heard lots of great review on their food. The staff was great! Friendly and approachable, they aceded to our every request and favor. We left the car parked on their lot to be able to go to market and they did not give us a hard time. We even asked for boxes from them so we could carry all the the stuff we bought. The place itself was an outdoor style cafe enclosed within a house or compound.

For the eerie part, there was this throne like chair at the back part of the cafe and it was lighted by red bulbs. I did not notice that throne but my friend who is sensitive about the aura of others just told us never get near that chair because she does not have a good feeling about it. It all gave us the jitters coz she is usually right about these things. Its really eerie!

Favorite Dish: The food is delicious. I had the Shrimp and Mango Curry at Spinach Pie. It was tasty and the combination of the different flavors and spices in my plate left me wondering what was in it that is so distinct and unique. My friend had Pinikpikan, a traditional Cordillera chicken soup dish served with rice which i can't quite identify if it is dark brown or violet. But the star in our table was the Beef Sinigang.

Shrimp Curry and Mango salad with star anise Beef SInigang, Pinikpikan and Chicken in cocomilk spinach pie

Choco-late de Batirol: Famous Hot Chocolate

by Lensky Updated Dec 22, 2009

I've heard of this place before but not until it was my 5th time in Baguio did actually tasted thier famous hot chocolate... it was great especially for me who do not have a singe inch of sweet tooth. it was creamy and nutty and unique.. its heaven

Favorite Dish: hot chocolate what else?

famous hot chocolate my mom checking out the menu

• monina_c's Profile Photo

Good Taste Restaurant: Cheap but Filling :)

by monina_c Updated Apr 27, 2009

Good Taste Restaurant is a little secret known to most locals of Baguio and surrounding areas... It's an unpretentious little establishment that caters mainly to local Baguio residents and those coming in from the surrounding towns of Benguet and Mt. Province.

If you are traveling to Bontoc or Sagada you can get meals here before boarding your bus. It is also a good place to have a little wash up and change of clothing. :)

Favorite Dish: I had their breakfast meal consisting of corned beef, egg, longganisa, fried rice and coffee for P65.00. Not bad eh? I can say that the corned beef and coffee are the best parts of the set. Their coffee is freshly brewed and the corned beef tastier than the usual kind you get in Manila. When i asked my friend about the heavy meal, she said that the restaurant caters mostly to the preference of the highlanders for meat and lots of rice. :)

The staff is fast and accommodating. The rest rooms clean and well lit.

Baguio City Hotels

Top Baguio City Hotels

Baguio Hotels
328 Reviews - 898 Photos
Tuba Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Baguio City

Comments

Baguio City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Baguio City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baguio City sightseeing.
Map of Baguio City