Tourist Attractions in Baguio City

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Baguio City

• daydreamer111's Profile Photo

TOUT AND RUNNER !!!

by daydreamer111 Written Oct 18, 2009

WHEN WE REACH BAGUIO AND COMING DOWN FROM THE BUS ,THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT WANT TO CARRY YOUR LUGGAGE AND PUT THEM STRAIGHT INTO THEIR CAR ! I SAY NO THANK YOU ! BUT THOSE RUNNER WILL KEEP FOLLOWING U AND GIVING BROUCHURE, SHOWING THEIR ( DONT WAT KIND OF ID ) ! AT LAST WE HOP INTO ONE OF THEIR CAR AND TOLD HIM THAT WAT HOTEL WE WANT TO GO ! BUT THE STORIES DIDNT ENDED HERE THEY WILL TELL U ALL KIND OF EXCUSES , THAT THE HOTEL U WAN TO GO IS FULLY BOOKED , THE HOTEL IS VERY FAR FROM SIGHT SEEING PLACES , BLA BLA BLA ! BUT MY BOYFRIEND TOLD THE DRIVER IS OK HE STILL WANT TO GO TO THE HOTEL THAT WE TOLD HIM A WHILE AGO ! AT LAST WE REACH OUR HOTEL AND THE HOTEL IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER ! WHEN WE PAY THE DRIVER INSIST US TO GIVE HIM MORE RATHER THAN THE PRICE HE AGREE ! SUDDENLY MY BOYFRIEND GOT ANGRY AND SHOUTED AT THE DRIVER (TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT ) SO THE DRIVER JUST TAKE THE MONEY AND GO ! AT LAST WE R SAVE !

Fun Alternatives: IGNORE THOSE RUNNER AND GET A METER TAXI !

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

Sidewalk Vendors Don't Sell Cheaper Vegetables

by cyndymc Written Mar 4, 2009

I have already finished buying vegetables in the local market, but I took pity on the sight of an old Igorota selling vegetables on the sidewalk. There were small cardboard pieces that served as price tags. I decided to buy 1 kg of potatoes since they won't easily spoil during travel. To my surprise, the Igorota asked for more money. When I asked why, when in fact I paid what was on her price tag, she said the price was for 1/2 kg only. I argued that the price tag didn't indicate 1/2 kg so I assumed it was the price for 1 kg. She got mad; I was furious. I couldn't return the potatoes because she already got my money. I wanted to return half of the potatoes so I didn't have to pay her more, but she refused. Since there was no policeman near the area, I couldn't complain. I had no choice but to give her the additional money.

Unique Suggestions: Lesson learned- never have a soft heart for sidewalk vendors even if they look pitiful. They won't take pity on you when they cheat you with their price tag modus operandi. It's not worth arguing with them.

Fun Alternatives: The best thing to do is avoid them. Just buy from legitimate vendors inside the market.

• Lensky's Profile Photo

Authentic Silver

by Lensky Written Sep 13, 2008

Along the walkways of Burnham Park, lots of guys carrying wooden cases will stop in one crowded corner and display their wares-silver jewelry. I am not a fan of silver jewelry (for one thing, I am acidic which means that my skin turns to green if ever I wear silver). Bagiuo for one thing is know for its silver mines in the old days and there are legitimate shops selling authentic silver trinkets. Just to to places like Ibay's if you are really into it. If you want to buy cheaper stuff in Burnham, just be cautious. As travellers, we all know that not all peddlers sell quality stuff right?

Fun Alternatives: Buy at Ibay's Silver shop or other large stores

• allelli's Profile Photo

Ask first before taking picture

by allelli Updated Apr 11, 2008

You can see many Igorot lady wearing Igorot dress like in the picture you can see them almost all tourist spot in Baguio, before you take a picture better ask how much the price per shoot and ask also if you wear or borrowed there costume hat how much they will charge...

Unique Suggestions: Better ask how much 1st per shoot to avoid argument beside if they charge you too high you can bargain them. because the picture with them is NOT FREE..They call it donation but I find it too expensive and unreasonable.

Fun Alternatives: You should be smart and asking first is the best

• Lensky's Profile Photo

Not So Much Of A Garden

by Lensky Written Feb 25, 2008

It is the Baguio Botanical Garden so we expected lush greens, blooming flowers etc. I ended up buying earings for my cousins, wooden sald spoon for my mom, a dream catcher necklace was given to me, a knitted vest my mom asked me to buy for her, a massage thingy, souvenier key chains for my friends, and all other stuff you would not usually find in the garden.

• National/State Park

• ProudMarikenya's Profile Photo

A not so Blissful Dinner at Bliss cafe

by ProudMarikenya Written Feb 23, 2008

A not so blissful dinner at Bliss Cafe

I read good reviews about this veggie restaurant in lifestyle magazines and newspaper in Manila so made this resto part of our Baguio culinary adventure. The food was not worth the long wait. I wonder why our order took sooo long to serve when we were the only customers then. We ordered by plate meals and we had to follow up like 3-4x before they serve the first plate, and each order came to our table one at a time, like 20 minutes after the other. While others were eating already, some were still waiting. The Biancci and Miguel were crying because their veggie sisig was too spicy, I was looking for the server to ask for water but she was nowhere to be found, I even have to go to the kitchen to ask for water. I got so pissed to find out that the staff was all in the kitchen just playing around. The staff was not even pleasant nor apologetic for the long wait. When we asked for the bill, I questioned the server why the O.R. was under a different name, she couldn’t give me an answer. I asked her to replaced it (just to make her life a little difficult). When she came back to me, she said “ hindi daw do pwede sabi ng kasama ko” but I insisted. Then one of the staff in the kitchen came to me angry and said “ Hindi pwede kasi magbabayad kami sa BIR!” WHATTTT!!!! %8&#@*%!!!!!!!!! I felt like my blood pressure gone up, and my hidden waray waray nature came out (no need to detail every thing) Then the other kitchen staff came rushing with the new O.R. and apologizing for everything.

• ProudMarikenya's Profile Photo

Atenara House- A nightmare

by ProudMarikenya Written Feb 23, 2008

Atenara House- A Nightmare!!!

Have you ever been fooled into staying at lodging inn or hotel because of a nice-looking website or worse, a bogus review planted by the owner themselves? Well, I have!

Atenara House main draw is its enviable location near Baguio’s tourist destinations. This is where it begins. And this is where it ends.

We had a hard time finding the place as it doesn’t have a signage. Finally, we found it, but we were skeptic to enter as it was not the place I have in my mind as pictured in their website. The house was built in 1958 and which I think was never renovated ever since. As you enter the house you'll be welcomed by the smell of antiques, just like the smell of an abandoned ancestral house. I vomited for real because of this distinctive odorous air in this place The room was so dimly-lit, The bed were made of plywood, the linens and bed sheets looked like it was not changed, they were almost thread bare.No fridge, just an old TV. I didn’t allow my helper to hang the clothes in the cabinet because it smelled moth balls. The place was dusty and rundown that I have to wipe the dresser and TV with tissue. And oh, their towels... you’ll think twice if you’re going to use them or not, they are like rags

After an hour of checking in the hotel, we were feeling uneasy about the cleanliness of the place and true enough, when I looked under the bed, it looked like the room had not been cleaned for months. I even saw a cockroach. The toilet failed to flush and it reeked of urine evidence of the place's utmost filthiness.

We immediately checked out of this place the next morning and when I looked for the landlord to complain about the place, the people there claimed he wasn't around!

SHAME ON THESE PEOPLE WHO CONTINUES TO FOOL PEOPLE BY THEIR WEBSITES AS IF IT IS HABITABLE FOR PEOPLE. THE GUTS TO CHARGE p 6,200/NIGHT FOR THE TWO ADJACENT ROOMS. The nice and new Burnham Suites rate just charge us p5000/ for the two rooms. SURELY IT IS THE WORST PLACE WE’VE STAYED AT.

• iclee's Profile Photo

Seafood peddlers of Sison, Pangasinan

by iclee Written Oct 30, 2007

We bought tiger prawns from Sison, Pangasinan peddlers on the way down from Baguio. At PHP300 ($1=PHP45.45) with its body as wide as my thumb while size from the tip of my middle finger till my thumb.

Problem is, the weighting scale used is rigged. They will not allow you to hold the scale plate since this will reveal the rigged plate.

They are located about two kilometers from the Shell gas in Sison.

Unique Suggestions: Bring your own scale or do not buy.

• zephyrgurl108's Profile Photo

bargain for goods

by zephyrgurl108 Written Sep 29, 2005

whatever you do at the baguio market, don't forget to bargain.
    whether you're buying peanut brittle, walis, choco flakes or native accessories or decor, sellers would always try to up their prices when they figure youre a tourist - how do they know? 1. if you dont speak the native dialect which is ilocano 2. if you dont look like a baguio native (whether u have a white face or dress like typical manilenos)

• austinmax's Profile Photo

MINES VIEW??

by austinmax Written Feb 3, 2004

The once truly "mines view" park should now be called "condominium view" park as overdevelopment has spoiled the scenery.

A market with overpriced souvenir is also in that location. Go to the public market instead for better prices.

• Baguio City Market

by yen_2 Updated Jul 31, 2003

Be very aware of the people around you..There might be pickpockets around though the place has a very nice place for bargaining and for great buys...

Unique Suggestions: This tip are my personal experience! I don't know about you!

Fun Alternatives: Aside from this market, you can check out another areas that offers different kinds of souvenirs. For example the Mines View handicrafts!

• Theme Park Trips

• mlt_t's Profile Photo

Baguio Public Market... just a place to look...

by mlt_t Written Sep 6, 2002

BAGUIO PUBLIC MARKET is located right at the lower end of Session Road. Visitors from the lowland areas visit the market before leaving the city. Different products and souvenir items typical of Baguio such as fresh vegetables, strawberries, brooms, woodcarvings, and a lei of everlasting flowers are some of the most commonly sought items.

Baguio City Hotels

Top Baguio City Hotels

Baguio Hotels
340 Reviews - 941 Photos
Tuba Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Baguio City

Comments

Baguio City Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Baguio City tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baguio City sightseeing.
Map of Baguio City