Makati Local Customs

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Singing is a National Past time

by yellowbell Updated Dec 15, 2008

Karaoke Bar

Aside from Filipinos' love for basketball, we also love to sing. That was why, on my despedida de soltera, my friends and I sung to our hearts' content in a family-atmosphere karaoke bar along Jupiter St.

Check out local fiestas or attend someone's birthday and you'd see people whipping out their own microphones or maybe their favorite CDs in preparation for a concert (I'm exaggerating)!

Our love for music has spilled even in public transportation like jeepneys, buses and taxis. You might as well leave your IPOD at home and soak in the noise, I mean the music. On long-distance buses, you can even sing like you're in a karaoke bar.

• DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

San Miguel Light

by DJ_Rolo Written Oct 18, 2005

Ice Cold San Miguel Light can be very refreshing. Its the local Philippines beer. Its not too strong, but i hear its stronger than regular San Miguel. They serve this everywhere. It can cost anywhere from 50-100Php. Its pretty good, you should try it. I prefer red horse though, ask around about that.. thats some good stuff...

Instant Answers: Makati

Comments

Makati Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Makati local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Makati sightseeing.