Makati Restaurants

assorted steak cuts

Most Recent Restaurants in Makati

Sango! The Burger Master: The Great Japanese Burger

by KookieDough Updated Dec 24, 2006

Obviously, it was dubbed "The Burger Master" because its main attraction is its burgers, which taste superb and are really filling. And no, they do not go with wasabi or wrapped in seaweed like sushi. They are like beef burger - sloppy joe combos.

Sango!'s interiors are a mix of a typical burger joint set-up and Zen decors. A flat screen monitor features usually anime programs and a shelf contains various Japanese books and magazines for in-house reading.

This restaurant also boasts of cleanliness and one of the attendants even said that the owner is very meticulous about the proper handling of the food.

Food is served fast and the crew attend to your needs well.

Price is very reasonable. The single-patty Master Burger costs 88 PHP, while the Double Master Burger, 128 PHP. The single one will already fill your tummy surely.

Sango! is ideal for quick lunches and dinners for employees around the area.

By the way, order quickly and ask for a table outside, if you don't want people to know afterwards where or what you have eaten. The smell of the cooking inside the kitchen can stick to your clothes quite quickly, just like in cafeterias or fast food centers. Another option is to bring a cologne spritzer with you.

Favorite Dish: The Master Burger with cheese! The meat patty alone is already delicious, but the tomato slice, cheese and the generous topping of some sort of meat sauce makes it taste great. Just be ready for the messy eating; but, then again, that makes it more enjoyable.

Also try it with their fat fingers of French Fries. Does not taste like the "commercialized" fries you get from usual fast foods or supermarkets.

2 orders of Master Burger Sango!'s really fat French Fries

Longrain: Lovely Asian Dishes

by KookieDough Written Dec 23, 2006

Favorite Dish: Beef Rendang is my favorite here. It is rich and spicy. Don't be deceived by the small serving portion. It is very filling. One order is good enough for me and my husband, who eats a bit more than the average person. The Rendang is great paired with a side dish of Cucumber with Yoghurt.

Another good selection here is their Samosas, which are beautifully cooked.

Bo's Coffee Club: A Place for Hanging Out and Good Mocha

by KookieDough Written Nov 23, 2006

I go here to lounge around, wait for friends, or just to while away time. They've got some nice comfy chairs in the corner and a good location - in the middle of Glorietta's 2nd level - so it's easy to meet with your friends there. Plus I love their hot mocha - a bit richer than the ones in the international cafe chains.

• KookieDough's Profile Photo

Amici di Don Bosco: Great Pasta, Pizza and Price!

by KookieDough Written Sep 23, 2006

The venue is just like a school cafeteria, but the food is really good. Plus the price is really affordable for most. Imagine a full plate of pasta for only 150 PHP and pizza for a little less than 300 PHP. The taste is as authentic as the restaurant's chef who is a native of Italy and I read in his feature story in the papers that he has been cooking since he was a kid.

This is one place that proves that fine food need not be expensive. A must try for all who simply love superb-tasting food.

Favorite Dish: I love their Penne al Forno. Pasta cooked just right and the sauce has the right amount of salty and spicy taste.

Should not leave without having a cup of gelato. I have tried their Chocolate with Nuts, Crocantino, Hazelnut, Strawberry, Tiramisu and Coffee and I love them all!

• KookieDough's Profile Photo

Dayrit's: Beef up your meal!

by KookieDough Written Sep 17, 2006

Dayrit's is a name synonymous to roast beef and burgers in Metro Manila for decades now. Growing up, I always loved it when my dad takes home a roast beef or burger sandwich from this place.

No extraordinary stuff regarding ambience or interior design. Just good food. Service is fine and fast, too. I have even seen a couple of waiters working in this restaurant for years already.

Main dishes cost from about 150 PHP to 230 PHP. Some items can even be shared by two.

Favorite Dish: Their Roast Beef Plate and Cheeseburger con Todo are great. They built their name on these dishes.

Must also try the Crispy Beef Ribs - crispy on the outside and juicy and tender inside. Melts in your mouth.

Zen: Good, Affordable Japanese Food

by KookieDough Updated Sep 4, 2006

What I like about Zen is that it is quiet enough for you to enjoy food and conversation, compared to other inexpensive Japanese restos in the area.

Also, its cheap price does not mean cheap food. The dishes here are good and tastes authentic.

Favorite Dish: They have introduced great bento boxes here. I love the grilled squid and boneless fried chicken. One of their best sellers, they say. I would not be surprised if that is true. The squid is tender and goes well with the soy dipping sauce. The fried chicken is not the usual. Lovely breading and with a hint of ginger - a really nice twist.

Their combo set price starts at about 250-300 PHP.

Grilled Squid and Fried Chicken
    • Luxury Travel

Gulliver's Prime Ribs of Beef: Great English Steak Dinner

by KookieDough Updated Aug 29, 2006

Stepping inside Gulliver's is like travelling back in time - the charm of classic English interiors plus attendants dressed in oufits coming from the old English era. I really love it when my husband brings me here for a date. It is really romantic.

Of course, the food is really good. The steaks are good cuts of beef, really tender and cooked juicy. They also have quite substantial portions of meat. There was one time that my husband and I chose one big prime steak order and just had it cut into two. It turned out cheaper instead of ordering two separate steaks. They even gave us two sets of side dishes without extra charge. And that is another thing. Even their side dishes are great! Very English - Yorkshire Pudding and Creamed Corn. Delicious!

Price is very reasonable compared to other steakhouses around. You can already have a nice dinner here at about 700 PHP per person.

Kitchen: Unusual but Good Food

by KookieDough Written Aug 22, 2006

High ceiling. Benches with long tables, instead of the usual individual chairs. Casual, yet classy. I like the concept. Best for dining in groups, although couples can enjoy eating here, too.

Each dish seems to be familiar, but if you read well the description in the menu, you will find that there is a twist to it. For instance, in most restaurants the pesto sauce is mixed with cream-based sauce. Here, it is combined with kesong puti (white cheese).

The drinks are also great. If I remember it right, Kitchen is among the first restaurants to serve pandan iced tea. Even water is served in a novel way - in a clear bottle with a bunch of mint leaves.

I always enjoy dining here, especially with my friends.

Favorite Dish: Hot Dive, a sesame seed-crusted seared tuna; Washed ashore, pasta with cheeses, eggplant and tomatoes; Pesto Maestro, pasta with pesto and white cheese

• Singles

• KookieDough's Profile Photo

The Seafood Club: All the Crab You Can Eat!

by KookieDough Written Aug 20, 2006

What keeps me and my husband coming back to this place is the buffet that features a crab dish everytime. We both love crab and this restaurant's crab recipes are just great.

Apart from the crab, there is usually a chicken or meat dish, fish, veggies, and rice in the buffet spread. You can also order a la carte, if you want. They also offer steak and other meat dishes, but I haven't tried them. We only go here for the seafood.

Only problem here is that it is always full. You have to be there early or wait in line.

• Luxury Travel

Becky's Kitchen: Homemade Lemon Squares

by KookieDough Written Aug 16, 2006

Becky's Kitchen's ambience and the food itself really makes you feel at home. The shop has the charm of the old Spanish houses in Manila. But what I really like here is that the cakes and pastries are like baked at home. Their products are not "commercialized." You can really taste that they use fine ingredients and are not mass produced.

Favorite Dish: Even though I also bake cakes and pastries, I really come back for their Lemon Squares. The right amount of sour taste just cuts through your jaw and is balanced with the right amount of sweetness.

Aristocrat: Resto Capturing Filipino Traditions

by Strikinsmile Written Aug 3, 2006

There are two things that I love about Aristocrat: the food and the feel. As a kid, I was always excited each time we make a trip to Roxas Blvd, where Aristocrat’s stand-alone restaurant can be found. Perhaps it’s because of the mouth-watering chicken BBQ and the fact that my mom would allow me and my brothers to run around the restaurant. Now, I still feel the excitement. I long for the taste of its classic chicken BBQ in my mouth.

Aristocrat has always been part of special occasions being celebrated by Filipino families. The goodness of the Aristocrat food is locked in a 70-year tradition. It is culinary innovation.

Favorite Dish: For me, Aristocrat's chicken BBQ, paired with java rice (whole grain rice blended with special tomato-based mixture and ground meat), is the best.

classic chicken BBQ

Cascada: Authentic Filipino Dish, Classy Restaurant

by Strikinsmile Written Aug 2, 2006

I specifically requested for Filipino food when my grandparents treated me out for lunch a couple of days I was scheduled to jet back to Singapore. Where else would we go? Greenbelt 3. We were supposed to have a nice lunch at Sentro 1771 but since my girlfriends and I had an amazing dinner the previous night (and the place was packed for lunch!), we decided to spend a lovely lunch on a rainy noon at Cascada.

Cascada is an elegantly designed restaurant that boasts of its masterpiece: Filipino dish. Great atmosphere especially for the discerning guests. Good food.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Inasal (or chicken BBQ) is one tasty treat. The secret spices and the fried rice are enough to make my day. Satisfaction guaranteed.

yummy chicken inasal

Sentro 1771: Delectable Filipino Dishes

by Strikinsmile Written Jul 31, 2006

Step into the warm colours of Sentro 1771 and wonder what delectable treats the chef can whip up to satisfy your craving for Filipino cuisine. Hot and sour sinigang? Yummy adobo? The setting is warm and inviting. Wooden chairs and tables complete the almost-native look but with a touch of class, as accented by centerpieces, candles and other little delightful pieces. Service is wonderful. Food is doubly great. The atmosphere is simply the best.

Favorite Dish: The garlicky adobo (chicken and pork cooked in soy sauce, vinegar and spices) is one of the bestsellers. One must also try the sizzling tofu. It becomes even more delicious when paired up with rice.

a sight to behold, a tummy treat: garlicky adobo appetizing baby clams soup satisfied customers of Sentro

Amber Golden Plate Restaurant: Pancit Malabon and Tasty Pichi-Pichi

by Strikinsmile Written Jul 27, 2006

The famous Pancit Malabon by Amber is simply to-die-for. People usually order pancit from Amber during parties because they can prepare just enough for family or for several people. The price is reasonable. So if you want to try noodles (without the usual grease), go to Amber. They’re painstakingly and lovingly prepared the Filipino way.

Favorite Dish: Having lived in Singapore for almost two years only intensified my craving for Filipino dishes and sweet desserts. During my recent trip to Manila, Marq, my brother, bought me a box of pichi-pichi, a dessert made from sticky rice, coconuts with just the right amount of sugar for that heavenly taste.

pichi-pichi is also perfect with hot coffee or tea

SMTP Eatery: Home-cooked Meals at Reasonable Prices

by Strikinsmile Updated Jul 27, 2006

When I say home-cooked Filipino meals, I mean it and I can bet all my dollars that they taste good. It’s just a small eatery along Evangelista in Makati City that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. It caters to students, workers and even professionals along the area.

The setting? The place opens as early as 6am for workers with early shifts and quite a few tables and chairs are set up at a garage. The eatery is owned by my bestfriend Sherry’s family, and her mom, I’m telling you, whips up the best lumpiang shanghai (ground pork, spices wrapped in lumpia) in town. It’s close to home.

Favorite Dish: What I love about the place is that mommy (my bestfriend’s mom) can turn ordinary home-cooked meals into exciting dishes. They’re probably added with a dash of patience and a touch of love. Yum! I love the lumpiang shanghai and the authentic Filipino breakfast meals, tocino (pork) and tapa (beef) with garlic rice and egg. Yummy!

my favorite lumpiang shanghai, perfect with rice! with sherry (her family owns the place) and irene enjoying our lumpiang shanghai dinner satisfied

Instant Answers: Makati

Comments

Makati Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Makati restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Makati sightseeing.